Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best app to track your collection and want lists? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=319707)

Belfast1933 05-16-2022 08:53 AM

Best app to track your collection and want lists?

I’m wondering if members might have a suggestion on a preferred baseball card app that they use to both track their own personal collection/images as well as their want lists?

I’m looking online and it looks like the most popular apps are aimed at the modern card collector/investor. Tons of extra noise, advertisements, etc.

I could just create my own but thought I would check in here to see if other vintage collectors have found an application that works well.

Thanks for any suggestions

Jeff

Peter_Spaeth 05-16-2022 09:05 AM

VCP has a feature where you can input your collection and keep track of values.

x2drich2000 05-16-2022 09:46 AM

I use Access and Excel that way I can make it as simple or complex as I want. Currently I keep wantlists in Excel with a separate tab for each set with a checklist and have/need column. Everything I buy and sell gets tracked in the access database which includes a URL for the front and back of each item in my Flickr account. From the access database I can track spending, inventory, sales, profits, expenses, generate import files for Ebay, etc. I separate my "personal" collection from what I sell with a simple yes/no flag.

Casey2296 05-16-2022 12:22 PM

I use an excel spread sheet so I can put any info/pricing/color coding I want. Works for me since I keep my collection at 500-700 cards. As far as pictures, I use Flickr.

Bigdaddy 05-16-2022 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey2296 (Post 2225449)
I use an excel spread sheet so I can put any info/pricing/color coding I want. Works for me since I keep my collection at 500-700 cards. As far as pictures, I use Flickr.

Very nice collection. Looks like you were very deliberate in choosing your cards, especially the post-war stuff.

I'd find it tough to be so choosy when there are so many great cards out there. Maybe one day.....

Casey2296 05-16-2022 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdaddy (Post 2225615)
Very nice collection. Looks like you were very deliberate in choosing your cards, especially the post-war stuff.

I'd find it tough to be so choosy when there are so many great cards out there. Maybe one day.....

Thanks for the kind words. I'm an image collector and a little OCD so it's easy for me to be specific on what I want my collection to look like, the hard part is affording it on a working mans budget.

egri 05-16-2022 10:02 PM

I have a spreadsheet in Excel to track costs and date of acquisition, and a Word document to track what I still need in each of my projects.

Mungo Hungo 05-16-2022 10:50 PM

For personal collection/images and want lists, Trading Card Database is excellent. Most cards have images attached, and since it's crowd-sourced, you can add them if they're not already there. Its crowd-sourced pricing is ludicrous, IMO, but there are great options for organizing and trading with others.

My biggest complaint so far (after maybe three years) is that if you have a small want list but a big trade list, you wind up getting a number of messages from people who want to trade for what you have, without anything to trade. But that's not a huge issue.