Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   National & Net 54 Members (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=272002)

Donscards 08-05-2019 06:29 AM

National & Net 54 Members

Well I am back in Maine after a fabulous National--The crowd was large and the buyers were there.--I sold many big ticket cards---It was the big name Hall of Famers---the lower tier guys didn't sell as well unless somebody was working on a set---I sold a 1.5 1952 Topps Mantle and sold my 3 51 Bowman Mantles---Rookies were going well too. Sold 5 1907-1910 Cobb Post Cards (Max-Stein--Sporting News--Taylor--Cobb-Wagner) a lot of interest in the Post Cards---I met so many Net 54 Members---it is always nice to put a face to a name---had interesting talks with the Net 54 guys and also had some nice purchases from them too. This forum is great for so many different reasons.---It was a pleasure talking with all. Leon did a great job on the Friday night banquet and the Pizza and Beer hit the spot. I really enjoyed the Josh Evans talk. He tells it like it is.---Again thank you Net 54 guys for stopping by and talking with me. On to Atlantic City next year. thanks, Don

Santo10Fan 08-05-2019 09:26 AM

Nice seeing you as well

Donscards 08-05-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santo10Fan (Post 1905633)
Nice seeing you as well

Thanks Ben, Pleasure meeting you and thanks for your purchase on the Cobb/Wagner Post Card---Glad you like it and good luck with your collecting.

trambo 08-05-2019 11:46 AM

great catching up with you on Friday, Don! Glad the t205 Mathewson and Marquard were sold although I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy the Marquard! haha!!

I'll be in Philly in September so if you're there, we'll connect yet again!

Thanks!

Jewish-collector 08-05-2019 12:34 PM

Don is one of, if not the nicest dealers in the business. He even talks to me, a poor low end collector. I'll see you next month in Philly !!!

Santo10Fan 08-05-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donscards (Post 1905671)
Thanks Ben, Pleasure meeting you and thanks for your purchase on the Cobb/Wagner Post Card---Glad you like it and good luck with your collecting.

I WISH is had bought that card Don. I was after my "white" whale, the short print to end all short prints, 1969 Topps Mantle WL. I think yours is a 6 right? I ended up buying a decent 5 in a old PSA holder at 3pm Sunday. Overall I believe I saw maybe 5-6 raw of that card and 5 graded ones. One was a consignment display only.

Compare that to how many Mantles overall were in that building! Yours and the one I bought were only ones I saw that I feel are bound to appreciate nicely. Also the only two I made offers on. You have many, many nice cards. I'll stay in touch.

Santo10Fan 08-05-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish-collector (Post 1905690)
Don is one of, if not the nicest dealers in the business. He even talks to me, a poor low end collector. I'll see you next month in Philly !!!

Can confirm. Don withstood my lowball offer with grace and calmness.

VintageBen 08-05-2019 06:06 PM

hey i'm the ben who bought the PC796 Cobb/Wagner. :D:D:D:D:D

Every time i passed your table another Cobb PC was sold. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I can't wait until AC, NJ now. time to save up for something good!!!!

Donscards 08-05-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VintageBen (Post 1905790)

There you are---got the wrong Ben mixed up---I knew Ben bought the Cobb/Wagner--thanks again and great talking with you at the show.

calvindog 08-05-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VintageBen (Post 1905790)

I was standing next to you when you pulled the trigger. I thought it was a good choice. :)

VintageBen 08-06-2019 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1905837)
I was standing next to you when you pulled the trigger. I thought it was a good choice. :)

guess I’ll have to wait another year to meet ya

Rhotchkiss 08-06-2019 07:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I love that Sepia (novelty Cutlery) Wags-Cobb PC. A must have for any Cobb and/or Wagner collector. Congrats Ben. There are very few cards with both legendary players on them- the Sepia, the Novelty Cutlery, and this, which I had to post since Jeff popped up on the thread.

Don, I do hope you make it to philly

Donscards 08-06-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 1905928)
I love that Sepia (novelty Cutlery) Wags-Cobb PC. A must have for any Cobb and/or Wagner collector. Congrats Ben. There are very few cards with both legendary players on them- the Sepia, the Novelty Cutlery, and this, which I had to post since Jeff popped up on the thread.

Don, I do hope you make it to philly

I will be in White Plains next weekend , can’t make Philly.