Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PSA 8 1955 Topps Clemente.... STOLEN! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=258876)

swarmee 01-27-2019 07:50 PM

Can you break this into it's own thread instead of piggybacking on another one?

Leon 01-27-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1849522)
Can you break this into it's own thread instead of piggybacking on another one?

Post 43 says he was arrested. He told me, on the phone, it was for stealing (if not this card) cards and the case was thrown out the next day when he told his story. I don't think his post is out of place. He might brush up on his writing skills but we can at least decipher what he writes. :) . In a perfect world this would have been done in its own thread.

slipk1068 01-27-2019 07:57 PM

You were living in India for many years. You were gone so long that your house was considered abandoned property, and in this abandoned house you had a very expensive card collection including Cobb/Cobb back? Sounds a bit incredible.

griffon512 01-27-2019 08:09 PM

edit

brianp-beme 01-27-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdecsports (Post 1805736)
Dan, what day was the Clemente stolen? The guy arrested on Friday up there was David Festberg..old-time hobbyist and had a store in Brooklyn back in the day, but now on to other things apparently.

Hope the card turns-up from the attention this is getting.

Regards,

Bryan Dec

Here is the post # 43 referred to earlier, for those who are just too lazy to locate it yourselves. Strange for him to post on a thread that indicates he had been arrested (for whatever reason... perhaps as he seems to be claiming for allegedly fencing stolen merchandise as it seems he is claiming)????

Brian

Yastrzemski Sports 01-27-2019 09:03 PM

Seeing this post brings back bad memories of that show. I was there buying and I went to table after table and almost everyone had things missing. The theft was rampant that weekend and everyone was talking about the Clemente. Very sad.

BeanTown 01-27-2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogirajdavid (Post 1849498)
hello folks, returned from india to attend my youngest daughters wedding. when to my house in the catskills eveything was stolen all the cooper, boiler, etc, most of all 90% of my collection incl. t206 cobb/cobb back. then police told me to get out i lost my art deco house the state said i was away to long. it sold in auction while teaching yogi and english for many years in incrediable india. took may cards with me to white plains . a young man offered me some football cards i bought them then arrest for stolen mech. saw the judge next day told my story it was thown out of court. ive had some bad karma since returning to the states. i have a good friend a hindu billioner i cured his daughter of illness. so with his backing i will return to the oldest sports acution since 1973, i will pay the highest prices for your collection my backer owns 3 t.v. stations , etc, .. we several billions to spend festberg is back to all my friends GODBLESS peace, love, and pray YOGI RAJ DAVID

David Festberg???? Do you remember me??? I bought from your auctions back in the late 90s. I returned a set which was trimmed (not as advertised) and you blew me off. I was the customer who faxed you 120 black pages daily until you finally called me and said I was crazy. Then you just wanted to tell me about being a Vietnan Vet, and that you have memory loss. Hope the Yoga and lifestyle change makes you feel better.

commishbob 01-27-2019 09:12 PM

I was gonna fire up something on Netflix tonight but this thread is more entertaining than anything on the tube. ;)

Lorewalker 01-27-2019 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipk1068 (Post 1849524)
You were living in India for many years. You were gone so long that your house was considered abandoned property, and in this abandoned house you had a very expensive card collection including Cobb/Cobb back? Sounds a bit incredible.

Sounds more like a foreclosure if the police told him to get out. Don't think we are getting the facts and based on post #1 I personally am not holding my breath for this to get any more clear.

frankbmd 01-27-2019 10:43 PM

Just what the forum needs --- another hindu billioner.

71buc 01-27-2019 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1849553)

Frank I have always enjoyed your posts and wit. This comment is by far your best. Thanks for always making me laugh.

edjs 01-27-2019 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1849553)

Frank, you promised to never talk about that!

Sean 01-28-2019 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71buc (Post 1849554)
Frank I have always enjoyed your posts and wit. This comment is by far your best. Thanks for always making me laugh.

Actually, Frank's best was when he told us that " sometimes you can see a lot through plastic" and included a photo to prove his point. :D

Jim65 01-28-2019 02:54 AM

Quote:

so with his backing i will return to the oldest sports acution since 1973, i will pay the highest prices for your collection my backer owns 3 t.v. stations , etc, .. we several billions to spend

Is your backer a Nigerian Prince?

SAllen2556 01-28-2019 06:26 AM

Quote:

..... while teaching yogi and english for many years in incrediable india.

Yogi is dead. And so is the future of the English language in India.

Orioles1954 01-28-2019 06:30 AM

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

bigfish 01-28-2019 06:44 AM

???

Quote:

hello folks, returned from india to attend my youngest daughters wedding. when to my house in the catskills eveything was stolen all the cooper, boiler, etc, most of all 90% of my collection incl. t206 cobb/cobb back. then police told me to get out i lost my art deco house the state said i was away to long. it sold in auction while teaching yogi and english for many years in incrediable india. took may cards with me to white plains . a young man offered me some football cards i bought them then arrest for stolen mech. saw the judge next day told my story it was thown out of court. ive had some bad karma since returning to the states. i have a good friend a hindu billioner i cured his daughter of illness. so with his backing i will return to the oldest sports acution since 1973, i will pay the highest prices for your collection my backer owns 3 t.v. stations , etc, .. we several billions to spend festberg is back to all my friends GODBLESS peace, love, and pray YOGI RAJ DAVID

By back do you mean you’re allowed in the White Plains show again? Since the charge was thrown out? That’s where you were arrested for stealing 50s cards from a buddy of mine.

Seeking clarity.

ullmandds 01-28-2019 07:39 AM

Yeah this whole story smells very similar to other hobby Stalwarts...convicted of crime(s) in the past...now rehabilitated through religeon/meditation.

If the story is in fact true I cannot feel bad for you David Festberg.

You were a dick to me at a show many years ago...i’m sure you wouldn’t remember!

#me2

bobbyw8469 01-28-2019 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1849590)
Yeah this whole story smells very similar to other hobby Stalwarts...convicted of crime(s) in the past...now rehabilitated through religeon/meditation.

If the story is in fact true I cannot feel bad for you David Festberg.

You were a dick to me at a show many years ago...i’m sure you wouldn’t remember!

#me2

Most of those guys don't. Being a dick is 2nd nature.

vintagetoppsguy 01-28-2019 08:21 AM

Quote:

.....while teaching yogi and english for many years in incrediable india.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAllen2556 (Post 1849572)
Yogi is dead. And so is the future of the English language in India.

No wonder when I call our company's IT support line I can't understand a word they say. Seriously.

ctownboy 01-28-2019 08:27 AM

Seems like Yogi David has had a rough time since coming back to the US. Maybe he should have a hamburger and call it a day.

Not Yogi David

jchcollins 01-28-2019 12:16 PM

I was perusing this thread at lunchtime at work and have to say I've been sitting here for about half an hour reading, very entertained. Wow and WTF! I haven't been to a show in probably a decade and never one outside of NC. I never really considered theft as a "thing" at card shows, but I'm sure it's happened many times before. Shaking my head...

That really sucks about the '55 Clemente, I hope the gentleman somehow gets it back.

pokerplyr80 01-28-2019 12:48 PM

Several billion to spend in the hobby should be able to buy most cards in existence I imagine. Keep us updated on your progress. It will make for a most entertaining thread.

jchcollins 01-28-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1849730)
Several billion to spend in the hobby should be able to buy most cards in existence I imagine. Keep us updated on your progress. It will make for a most entertaining thread.

And what a story it will make rounding the news and auction circuit scene - local TV station conglomeration funds billion-dollar-plus vintage baseball card buyout bonanza...:eek:

pawpawdiv9 01-28-2019 01:39 PM

I thought it was discussed that we were not to discuss or make a discussion on the Buyers Groups.
Hopefully, these guys will buy out the Wagner RP's out there and be no longer of existence.