Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Slightly Off Topic: eBay listings view (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=318914)

Vintagecatcher 04-29-2022 07:56 PM

Slightly Off Topic: eBay listings view

Tonight I noticed when I keyed in a search for a set, the listings showed each card in a single row. For months, I have had auctions showing numerous auctions per line, which I hate.

I didn't change any settings. Is this something eBay does on a whim?

I prefer the single item per line much better.

Does everyone else have this issue?

Patrick

jayshum 04-29-2022 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The box I highlighted on the right lets you choose between the different display options. Mine sometimes switches for no apparent reason as well.

Fleerfan 04-29-2022 09:53 PM

I'm having the same issue.

JollyElm 04-29-2022 10:13 PM

They seemingly randomly roll the dice and change things up once in awhile. Besides what you mentioned, they enjoy suddenly switching my saved searches from 'newly listed' to 'best match.' Thank you, eBay, but I'll decide my own 'best' matches, dammit. :rolleyes:

Kaneen 04-30-2022 02:54 AM

What kills me is that when I search "All Categories" to make sure I don't miss any new listings for cards I search for daily, the dice roller program just randomly decides to switch my search parameters to the "Trading Card Singles" category. In my case, the "All Categories" search yields about 6000 results, while the "Trading Card Singles" search yields anywhere from 300 to 1000 fewer results. Why would I not want to see all options with my key words in the title? I have to constantly watch everytime I search to make sure they haven't auto-changed it again. And then they auto-change my "list view" to "Tile View" (or whatever it's called) at any point, even just when I go from page 1 to page 2. SO ANNOYING! Sometimes I think they just have people coming up with these things because they ran out of things to do on a successful platform that worked well.

At the bottom of each search page there is a link called "Tell Us What You Think" to give feedback about the search experience. I suggest everyone click this link and tell them what you think...although I seriously doubt it will make any difference. Ebay seems hell-bent on making the site miserable for card collectors and sellers alike.

cubman1941 04-30-2022 04:42 AM

I have the same issue and hate it also. As mentioned, Ebay does not care what we think.

D. Bergin 04-30-2022 07:49 AM

I was looking at the "Sold" price history for something fairly common the other day on Ebay. At the top it would say there are like 92 results for this item, but then it would only show me like 2 or 3 of the completed items. :confused:

theuclakid 04-30-2022 02:12 PM

EBay viewing

Just click on "list" view, which I also prefer

Bruce Perry

Vintagecatcher 05-02-2022 06:20 PM

Thanks for the responses!

Thanks to Jay and others for responding. Wished I had posted the question sooner..

My listing style changed again back to the "gallery view" tonight, so I clicked on the box just below "include description" and clicked on the drop down menu to change it back to "list view."

Patrick