Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pleasantly surprised by PWCC.... so far (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=264094)

ruth_rookie 01-03-2019 05:33 PM

Pleasantly surprised by PWCC.... so far

So this is my first time consigning with PWCC. Sent 24 cards for the January auction that starts tonight. They have a pretty cool dashboard that allows you to track the bids on your listings in real-time.

But what I thought was really killer is that they sent my SGC cards in to be re-holdered on their dime (better be anyway), which I didn't expect or even ask for -- a '33 Goudey Sport Kings Ruth SGC 3.5 and a '52 Topps Mays SGC 7.

Shameless plug :D

Man, they look so much cooler in the new holders. Even though I wasn't a fan at first, they are definitely growing on me. The glossy black inserts really make the cards pop more than the same card would in a PSA holder... no doubt about it. In fact, I'm even thinking about bidding on my own SGC cards just to get them back. Oh wait... that's shill bidding. Never mind.

Throttlesteer 01-03-2019 08:02 PM

Hopefully they didnt come back autographed after being reholdered. :D

RedsFan1941 01-03-2019 08:26 PM

good one!

whitey19thcentury 01-04-2019 02:52 PM

I consign 75-80% of my vintage cards to them and have always been pleased with the results. Even overly-pleased. The dashboard on their website is awesome to keep tabs on your auction. Plus, the turnaround time for the consignment check is superb.

bobbyw8469 01-04-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Plus, the turnaround time for the consignment check is superb.
Please elaborate....I usually get my check a month and a half after the auction ends.

maximus35 01-05-2019 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Throttlesteer (Post 1842153)
Hopefully they didnt come back autographed after being reholdered. :D

Lmao!!! Hahahahahahaha

ruth_rookie 01-05-2019 10:28 AM

I’m not too concerned about timing of payout since I’m planning on using them to upgrade many of the cards I submitted. PWCC allows you to utilize your consignment sales to fund new purchases. That’s the way I interpret the verbiage on their site anyway.

conor912 01-05-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruth_rookie (Post 1842589)
I’m not too concerned about timing of payout since I’m planning on using them to upgrade many of the cards I submitted. PWCC allows you to utilize your consignment sales to fund new purchases. That’s the way I interpret the verbiage on their site anyway.

I believe that only applies to the current auction, and not that you get to hold a balance with them for future auctions.

ruth_rookie 01-05-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conor912 (Post 1842598)
I believe that only applies to the current auction, and not that you get to hold a balance with them for future auctions.

Hmm. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I’ll email them for clarification. This is a quote from their site:

“When you consign with PWCC you may elect to keep your consignment proceeds on account with PWCC. These funds may be used to pay for items won from a PWCC auction.”

I may be wrong (I usually am!) but I interpreted that as I could let the funds sit their and utilize for future auctions.