Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Searching for an N28 Cap Anson (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=238305)

b_winter99 04-13-2017 05:48 PM

Searching for an N28 Cap Anson

Hey everyone, new guy to the forum here. My name is Brad and I started collecting cards as a kid in the late 80's. As a 30 year old I got back in to the hobby going back and buying the cards I always wanted as a kid but could never afford. Since then my interest in the hobby has grown and so has the collection. Learning more about vintage has really grown my interest also. I recently completed the topps master set of Ernie Banks with the purchase of the 54 Banks. I also collect any and all versions of Frank Chance I can find/afford too.

As a cubs fan I've started searching for an "affordable" version of an N28 Cap Anson. Preferably a low graded (sgc, psa, bvg) version of the card.

Was wondering if anyone had one they are willing to part with or know of anyone willing to part with one?

Thanks for any and all help and I look forward to reading replies and other people's posts on the forum.

Thanks,

Brad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swarmee 04-13-2017 06:09 PM

Welcome to the forums. In the future, post Buy/Sell/Trade threads in the Buy/Sell/Trade section so they don't clog up the main board. That's a killer card to go after. Good luck!

b_winter99 04-13-2017 06:37 PM

Thanks. I'll repost in the buy/sell/trade. Thanks for the feedback.

Leon 04-14-2017 06:08 AM

!

Welcome to the forum and good luck in the hunt. As we usually say, a lot of the fun is the hunt (for some of us it is most of the fun). Happy collecting and good luck on Anson!

b_winter99 04-14-2017 07:48 AM

Thanks Leon.

eBay has killed a lot of the "fun of the hunt" type collecting I feel like.

But with getting in to more and more rare and vintage type cards that fun is coming back.

Don't get me wrong I still enjoy my modern Anthony Rizzo on card autos. But something about finding that perfect vintage card that has history to it is just awesome.

pokerplyr80 04-14-2017 04:58 PM

Welcome to the board. I have been searching for an n162 Anson off and on for a while. I often notice n28 Ansons on ebay and various auction houses. Good luck with your search.

ccre 04-14-2017 07:45 PM

There's plenty to choose from! In the new Heritage auction!

b_winter99 04-14-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccre (Post 1650902)
There's plenty to choose from! In the new Heritage auction!

Ccre do you have a website for the auction?

Thanks in advance!

b_winter99 04-14-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1650864)
Welcome to the board. I have been searching for an n162 Anson off and on for a while. I often notice n28 Ansons on ebay and various auction houses. Good luck with your search.

And I've seen a couple good ones come across eBay poker. Been sniped on a few and passed on a few. Am holding out for a low grade with no paper loss. I can deal with rounded edges, staining, and even a crease or 2. That's just showing the age, but paper loss just bothers me for some reason.

pokerplyr80 04-14-2017 11:41 PM

We all have things we look for in a card. I have a few low grade nice eye appeal cards. I go for centering, no paper loss on the front, and no major creases, or minor ones through the players face. I'd be fine with paper loss on the back if the front looked great. Especially if it meant saving a lot of money compared to a higher grade example on a card like a cj jackson.

ccre 04-15-2017 06:39 AM

Here's a link to the first page:

https://sports.ha.com/c/search-resul...190--tem041417
Quote:

Originally Posted by b_winter99 (Post 1650915)
Ccre do you have a website for the auction?

Thanks in advance!

b_winter99 04-15-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccre (Post 1650953)

Thanks. Man they have some awesome cards