Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fat Cobb (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=139305)

Tim206 07-16-2011 02:10 PM

Fat Cobb

1 Attachment(s)
Lmfao I may be way behind here but has anybody seen this??

Attachment 42370

jp1216 07-16-2011 02:30 PM

Back then, that would've been something. Today, he'd probably fit in with about 15% of our population.

Cardboard Junkie 07-16-2011 02:36 PM

Oh man!!!!!! Iwant one!!!!

Tim206 07-16-2011 02:42 PM

Probably more than 15%, but who's counting. That would be a great card to add to any collection!!

Cardboard Junkie 07-16-2011 02:59 PM

I think Cobb looks great in drag!! I'd do that in a New York Minute!

calvindog 07-16-2011 03:49 PM

Wow, I thought for a second that was Scott Elkins but I just checked and he's actually still incarcerated -- now in Butner, NC -- pending a psychological evaluation and federal sentencing for various firearm charges.

bh3443 07-16-2011 04:21 PM

It takes a lot to piss me off......

I am totally offended by this photo and any mention to obesity. It's a disease and not something to be mocked and ridiculed. There is no room in my world for any one mocking people with disabilities, mocking ones weight or height as well as judging by the color of one's skin or their ethnic background.

I am going to step back and away from this site. I won't be back anytime soon and I really need to just walk away from this because I am so upset that I may never be back again.

I will not be around any bullying or mockery of any kind. It's not me, it's not my family and its not something i can tolerate. It is simply wrong.

In closing, I do not tolerate this type of behavior on any level.

4815162342 07-16-2011 04:40 PM

Way to go new guy! I'm a big guy myself, and even though I may let stuff like this roll off my back, I feel for Bill. There's no need for this mess.

Tim206 07-16-2011 05:10 PM

I really didn't mean to insult anyone at all! I apologize to Bill and anyone else I may have offended. In the future I'll try and think before I post!

Ease 07-16-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bh3443 (Post 909386)
I am going to step back and away from this site. I won't be back anytime soon and I really need to just walk away from this because I am so upset that I may never be back again.

Please dont walk away man. You are a bright, positive star on this site and the place would be a lot worse off without you.

Wite3 07-16-2011 05:54 PM

Don't go Bill.

rdixon1208 07-16-2011 06:09 PM

Wow

Wow Bill. That seems like a pretty sensitive response. It was a thread with six posts in it....it's not like Net54 as a whole decided that we hate fat people. In fact, I don't think the thread starter meant anything by it either. At least not in the way you took it. Yesterday we were the greatest group of guys in the world, remember.

By the way, my wife screwed up the enchilada sauce tonight so dinner kinda sucked. I'm not giving up on Mexican food.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bh3443 (Post 909386)
I am totally offended by this photo and any mention to obesity. It's a disease and not something to be mocked and ridiculed. There is no room in my world for any one mocking people with disabilities, mocking ones weight or height as well as judging by the color of one's skin or their ethnic background.

I will not be around any bullying or mockery of any kind. It's not me, it's not my family and its not something i can tolerate. It is simply wrong.

In closing, I do not tolerate this type of behavior on any level.

wonkaticket 07-16-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdixon1208 (Post 909416)
Wow Bill. That seems like a pretty sensitive response. It was a thread with six posts in it....it's not like Net54 as a whole decided that we hate fat people. In fact, I don't think the thread starter meant anything by it either. At least not in the way you took it. Yesterday we were the greatest group of guys in the world, remember.

By the way, my wife screwed up the enchilada sauce tonight so dinner kinda sucked. I'm not giving up on Mexican food.

+1

Tim206 07-16-2011 06:26 PM

I really didn't mean anything bad. I love all Ty Cobb's and just thought it was an amusing picture. Anyway the mods can trash this thread??

sportscardpete 07-16-2011 06:29 PM

Honestly, everyone loves Bill and roots for him, but I don't think this should thread should be trashed.. Thought it was amusing, and it didn't mean no harm to anyone.

And please don't leave Bill...

danc 07-17-2011 10:04 AM

DanC