Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does anyone have their collection organized by player? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=204582)

JLange 04-17-2015 08:23 AM

Does anyone have their collection organized by player?

...or is that just crazy? I am thinking (as I do from time to time) of re-shuffling how my collection is organized. So, instead of team sets and/or full sets, I would group together cards of each player across multiple sets. Wondering if anyone is currently organized in this way, and if so, are you happy with it? Bonus Question: How do you handle multi-player cards?

CowboysGuide 04-17-2015 08:32 AM

Interesting idea. I keep all my cards in order by sets. I may consider that for the HOFers, but I'd just purchase the cards again and leave my original books alone. I collect Dallas Cowboys so we're not talking a huge investment to buy another example of each HOFer.

Leon 04-17-2015 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLange (Post 1402198)
...or is that just crazy? I am thinking (as I do from time to time) of re-shuffling how my collection is organized. So, instead of team sets and/or full sets, I would group together cards of each player across multiple sets. Wondering if anyone is currently organized in this way, and if so, are you happy with it? Bonus Question: How do you handle multi-player cards?

A lot of collectors on the board are "player" collectors. If not that, then some are HOF collectors. They seem to enjoy what they do. Multi-player cards could go in either place, I guess.

Cozumeleno 04-17-2015 09:08 AM

I don't anymore, but when I used to collect newer cards, I had loads of 5,000-count boxes organized by player for minor star/star cards (under $1.00). When I'd get enough of a certain player, it made it easy to sell on eBay or something. For multi-player cards, I'd always count them for the more popular player that I was able to sell the easiest.

Harford20 04-17-2015 12:44 PM

Sort Of....

As I am both a HOF collector and a player collector, I have most of my Pre-War cards graded and store them in large cases.

Case #1--One large case is strictly for Ted Williams, of which I have over 200 different graded cards, postcards and photos.

Case #2--The second case is broken into section for each of 8 players that I focus on: Matty, Mordecai Brown, Eddie Collins, Jimmy Collins, Nap Lajoie, Tris Speaker, Cy Young and Frank Chance. Each of these sections has as few as 6 cards for Young, up to 35 cards for Chance.

Case #3--The last large case is my T201/T202/T205/T206/E93/E98 HOFs and a few others.

Dave

Exhibitman 04-17-2015 04:44 PM

Some of it. About a dozen superstars from various sports have their own binders, because I collect photos and other paper ephemera, not just cards, for them. However, I try to collect only career-contemporary stuff. The rest is by subject matter [specific sports or nonsports] and some are by issue. It's a hodge-podge, or as I prefer, a Festival of Bric-A-Brac.