Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Technical Question: Member Mailbox (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=244855)

clydepepper 09-12-2017 08:48 AM

Technical Question: Member Mailbox
 
Is there a way to move 'sent messages' to a titled folder such as 'Sales'?

I can move messages from the inbox, but cannot seem to find a solution for the 'sent' messages.


Thanks in advance for the help,
Raymond



-

Leon 09-12-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1700261)
Is there a way to move 'sent messages' to a titled folder such as 'Sales'?

I can move messages from the inbox, but cannot seem to find a solution for the 'sent' messages.


Thanks in advance for the help,
Raymond



-

I haven't tried it but I would assume you can make another message storage folder.....

actually, I just looked again and I made 2 folders, one for tests and the other for other messages, in my private message section. And for those things I have no more privileges than any other member...so you should be able to create other folders there....

clydepepper 09-12-2017 11:36 AM

With the SENT MESSAGES section up. these are the only options I see in the drop-down menu for SELECTED MESSAGES:

DELETE

MARK AS READ

MARK AS UNREAD

DOWNLOAD AS XML

DOWNLOAD AS CSV

DOWNLOAD AS TEXT

_____________________
DESELECT ALL MESSAGES

with this as my terrain, how do I create a new folder or send selected message to a particular existing folder

Thanks,
Raymond

MrSeven 09-12-2017 12:28 PM

That is normal behavior for vBulletin. Weird but normal.

clydepepper 09-12-2017 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSeven (Post 1700319)
That is normal behavior for vBulletin. Weird but normal.

Well, that's certainly not any help.

Thanks

MrSeven 09-12-2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1700396)
Well, that's certainly not any help.

Thanks

Just the bearer of bad news! :D

It's been a feature request for a while in the forum software. I know that.

clydepepper 09-14-2017 02:59 AM

Thanks for clarifying.


Very Frustrating.

slinger23 09-14-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSeven (Post 1700319)
That is normal behavior for vBulletin. Weird but normal.

Not too sure what you mean about this. But I did exactly what Leon stated to do and was able to create a folder.

Simply click on the Private Messages link. Then on the left side look for "edit folders" and click on that. Once you are in this area, there is an option to "add new folder".

Hope this helps. It worked for me.

MrSeven 09-14-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinger23 (Post 1700834)
Not too sure what you mean about this. But I did exactly what Leon stated to do and was able to create a folder.

Simply click on the Private Messages link. Then on the left side look for "edit folders" and click on that. Once you are in this area, there is an option to "add new folder".

Hope this helps. It worked for me.

Did you move a PM from your Inbox or from "Sent Items"?

"Sent Items" is considered a special folder with this limitation.

slinger23 09-14-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSeven (Post 1700870)
Did you move a PM from your Inbox or from "Sent Items"?

"Sent Items" is considered a special folder with this limitation.

Aha! Important point that I clearly missed. Now I understand. It only allows a move from the inbox and not "sent folder". Thank you for clearing that up for me!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.