Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   8% Ebay Bucks for Buying and Selling (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=236997)

TistaT202 03-17-2017 11:01 AM

8% Ebay Bucks for Buying and Selling

In case you didn't see it. Wish they had it 2 days ago when I wanted to buy a bunch of stuff that's now gone....oh well! and Ebates still giving 1% for Sports Mem and cards....Mike

Details of offer:

Who's eligible?
Only invited, registered eBay Bucks participants who receive the promotional offer from eBay in My Messages are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—the offer is not transferable.

Promotion details
Invited users (“Users”) must click the email to activate in order to qualify for the Promotion. Users will earn 8% in eBay Bucks (see Terms & Conditions for details) on eligible items that are either purchased, or listed and sold (the “Promotion”).

*Qualifying purchases or items listed for sale exclude all items in the following categories: Classifieds, Business & Industrial, but only for Heavy Equipment within that category, Real Estate, Gift Cards & Coupons (including eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts within that category), Bullion (within the Coins & Paper category), and all categories in Motors, except Parts & Accessories.

Users who purchase eligible items between 5:00AM PT on March 17, 2017 and 11:59PM PT on March 19, 2017 (the “Purchase Earn Period”) will earn the promotional offer. Users who list and sell eligible items between 5:00AM PT on March 17, 2017 and 11:59PM PT March 26, 2017 (the “Selling Earn Period”) will also earn the promotional offer. Must sell items by March 26 to earn eBay Bucks worth 8% of the total sales price—up to $100. Rewards will be deposited into an your eBay Bucks account by March 31

eBay Bucks Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period. Purchases must be paid for with PayPal before the Promotion ends. eBay reserves the right to cancel, amend, or revoke the Promotion at any time. Other restrictions apply.

sterlingfox 03-17-2017 12:35 PM

I got it, but only for buying, and not for selling.

lharri3600 03-17-2017 01:00 PM

There is no ebaybucks for selling.

RedsFan1941 03-17-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharri3600 (Post 1642092)
There is no ebaybucks for selling.

^^^^^^

yes there is. I have received them before and the email I got today says 8 % either buying or selling

JustinD 03-17-2017 01:48 PM

Personally I feel the distribution for these offers causes as much damage as reward.

I have on my most recent account 16 years and 3500 feedback and a 100% rating (I have also left almost 5000 feedbacks to give a true idea of my activity). I have never received one of these offers, and have called them 3 times to try to get an answer which was always wishy-washy and useless.

I see these posts and want to close my account as it is infuriating they are so inexplicably clueless in how to do this.

I know I am not the only one as many have posted this issue. I wish they would just get their crap together and just make this an open promotion each time. This is just adding fuel to the fire of eBay backlash.

gemmint77 03-17-2017 02:06 PM

I got the offer for buying and selling. On a good year I sell 3-4 items....

TistaT202 03-17-2017 02:11 PM

it's hard to believe they don't distribute these offers to more users to stimulate more sales. In addition to buying, I will be listing a bunch of stuff asap today/tomorrow to try to take advantage. I assume others who get these types of offers would try to do the same.

I am by no means a heavy buyer or seller on eBay, but I do seem to get these offers on a regular basis.

Mike

Timbegs 03-17-2017 04:00 PM

Similar to the big cable companies who will only give the best deals to new customer, it's about generating 'new users' while failing to take care of the 'ideal' loyal customer who pays on time. Sadly, this seems to be the new customer service model in America; growth trumps profitability more and more these days.

eBay has no incentive to take care of the customer who needs their marketplace and technology. bu they do have incentive to lure in new customers by any means necessary.

Or, for the streetwise, you know the drug dealer only gets you high for free the first time...

mintacular 03-17-2017 04:55 PM

directions

How to receive these promotions:

Under your eBay name, click on account settings, then, Communication preferences, then Promotions and Surveys, Then click on top four boxes at east that is what I have checked. Hope this works (Beforewarned you will receive daily or weekly "eBay" spam)

thetruthisoutthere 03-17-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TistaT202 (Post 1642050)
In case you didn't see it. Wish they had it 2 days ago when I wanted to buy a bunch of stuff that's now gone....oh well! and Ebates still giving 1% for Sports Mem and cards....Mike

Details of offer:

Who's eligible?
Only invited, registered eBay Bucks participants who receive the promotional offer from eBay in My Messages are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—the offer is not transferable.

Promotion details
Invited users (“Users”) must click the email to activate in order to qualify for the Promotion. Users will earn 8% in eBay Bucks (see Terms & Conditions for details) on eligible items that are either purchased, or listed and sold (the “Promotion”).

*Qualifying purchases or items listed for sale exclude all items in the following categories: Classifieds, Business & Industrial, but only for Heavy Equipment within that category, Real Estate, Gift Cards & Coupons (including eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts within that category), Bullion (within the Coins & Paper category), and all categories in Motors, except Parts & Accessories.

Users who purchase eligible items between 5:00AM PT on March 17, 2017 and 11:59PM PT on March 19, 2017 (the “Purchase Earn Period”) will earn the promotional offer. Users who list and sell eligible items between 5:00AM PT on March 17, 2017 and 11:59PM PT March 26, 2017 (the “Selling Earn Period”) will also earn the promotional offer. Must sell items by March 26 to earn eBay Bucks worth 8% of the total sales price—up to $100. Rewards will be deposited into an your eBay Bucks account by March 31

eBay Bucks Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period. Purchases must be paid for with PayPal before the Promotion ends. eBay reserves the right to cancel, amend, or revoke the Promotion at any time. Other restrictions apply.

Thank you. Just checked my messages.

h2oya311 03-17-2017 05:43 PM

Oh man...in the past, I have gotten the promotion for buying and selling, but this time my email only had "buying" on it. Argh!

Thanks for the heads-up. Interesting that they target certain people based on their behaviors. Not surprising. I am surprised though that they didn't target me to sell since I haven't sold much at all over the past year and nothing year-to-date. They should be trying to convincing me (of all people) to sell on their platform to entice me.