Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Tony Podsada busted at National! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=258169)

SetBuilder 08-09-2018 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1801974)
Yep.

I possess various "Mantle" signed photos from multiple "Florida" sellers and every one was produced on inkjet paper.

https://live.autographmagazine.com/p...1155035&page=1

https://live.autographmagazine.com/p...-do-they-use-b

Christopher,

I took a look at this and the first thing that came to mind was "autopen." The signatures are too uniform and similar to be from a human hand, especially in mass quantity.

Do you think these forgers are using autopen machines?

thetruthisoutthere 08-09-2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SetBuilder (Post 1802108)
Christopher,

I took a look at this and the first thing that came to mind was "autopen." The signatures are too uniform and similar to be from a human hand, especially in mass quantity.

Do you think these forgers are using autopen machines?

Absolutely possible.

When I first started in computers in the early 1970's, one of the machines I operated was called a plotter (similar to autopen).

I think I mention that in one of my threads.

thetruthisoutthere 08-09-2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david_l (Post 1801978)
I had read that article previously. Great research. Very well done.

Thank you very much, David.

shelly 08-09-2018 05:08 PM

After all the discussion, I know that nothing is going to happen unless all of us complain to the Florida FBI. It needs more than just Chris, Richard and myself.
You can complain and say he should be in Jail. Well if you don't start calling nothing will happen:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad ::mad::mad:

thetruthisoutthere 08-09-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1802286)
After all the discussion, I know that nothing is going to happen unless all of us complain to the Florida FBI. It needs more than just Chris, Richard and myself.
You can complain and say he should be in Jail. Well if you don't start calling nothing will happen:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad ::mad::mad:

Absolutely, Shelly.

People have no idea the effort we put forth for years and all for naught so far.

NJDeepthroat 04-25-2019 10:00 AM

I Always Wondered about Tony

I used to work for him circa 1988-1990 and started by drilling plaques then was engraving plates. What was always strange is that for example when Billy Martin died within a week he had 500 autographed photos? All of them had a similar signature and usually always his autos were in blue style pen. Now who would have that many read to be sold? He is a stain to the hobby!

Fuddjcal 04-25-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJDeepthroat (Post 1872756)
I used to work for him circa 1988-1990 and started by drilling plaques then was engraving plates. What was always strange is that for example when Billy Martin died within a week he had 1000 autographed photos? All of them had a similar signature and usually always his autos were in blue style pen. Now who would have that many read to be sold? He is a stain to the hobby!

He is a stain on the human race. A complete boob loser PERIOD of which there is no denying, IMHO

Ryan1125 04-25-2019 02:47 PM

Literally just saw a post saying he has been charged by prosecutors in Cleveland and "story coming later"! :eek:

thetruthisoutthere 04-25-2019 04:55 PM

https://fox8.com/2018/10/16/i-team-e...llectors-show/

Fuddjcal 04-26-2019 12:03 PM

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...ny-autographs/

Happy Friday boys... Could you have a bigger belly laugh over this FFace.

"They are all Authentic, except I'm selling them as decorative items".... LOL

So many losers and this guy has been a festering boils on the hobby for 30 plus years. We can only hope a jury will see through the smoke screen that the boob set up thinking he was untouchable.

RichardSimon 04-26-2019 02:24 PM

This news made my day!!!

Yastrzemski Sports 04-28-2019 07:41 AM

If a person were inclined they could set up at almost any show in the country and sell fakes - except the National. He must have really wanted to go to jail.

Fuddjcal 04-28-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports (Post 1873380)
If a person were inclined they could set up at almost any show in the country and sell fakes - except the National. He must have really wanted to go to jail.

Can you imagine the gall of the guy. He's been perpetuating the same scam and giant fish tale for at least 35 years and has the brass balls to say he's selling them as decorative even though he believes they are real? :mad: CHOKE, cough....AT THE NATIONAL. Why would he even dream that one up when every legitimate collector and dealer knows he is the biggest scammer of sports autographs of our lifetime to go along with Coaches Corner, of course.

His newest of the 8 different Authentication scam companies finally tripped him up, I hope. We'll see if Slippity Slimy Tony GreaseBall finally gets his just reward. He was betting Not.:D because he has gotten away with it for so long.

We can only hope his scam dies in jail with him.

thetruthisoutthere 04-28-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1873436)
Can you imagine the gall of the guy. He's been perpetuating the same scam and giant fish tale for at least 35 years and has the brass balls to say he's selling them as decorative even though he believes they are real? :mad: CHOKE, cough....AT THE NATIONAL. Why would he even dream that one up when every legitimate collector and dealer knows he is the biggest scammer of sports autographs of our lifetime to go along with Coaches Corner, of course.

His newest of the 8 different Authentication scam companies finally tripped him up, I hope. We'll see if Slippity Slimy Tony GreaseBall finally gets his just reward. He was betting Not.:D because he has gotten away with it for so long.

We can only hope his scam dies in jail with him.

+1

prestigecollectibles 05-23-2019 07:59 PM

The scam is alive on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/312626423388

Yastrzemski Sports 05-23-2019 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prestigecollectibles (Post 1880617)

These are all accurately described. They all say live ink but don’t specify whose.

chalupacollects 05-24-2019 06:26 AM

What does "live ink" supposed to mean? As opposed to "dead ink?"

RichardSimon 05-24-2019 08:28 AM

He is calling himself Decor Items Plus (DIP) to try to scam anyone foolish enough to buy his garbage.
He is also using the MLB logo in his ad, that has got to be a trademark violation. Does anyone have a contact at MLB?

thetruthisoutthere 05-24-2019 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalupacollects (Post 1880663)

Read my threads on GFA (Stephen Rocchi) and the "Florida" forgeries below, and you'll understand why.

https://live.autographmagazine.com/p...ch-revelations

Mr. Zipper 05-24-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

"Live ink" means the signature is actual ink on the photo, i.e., not a copy or pre-printed signature.

Fuddjcal 05-24-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1880721)
"Live ink" means the signature is actual ink on the photo, i.e., not a copy or pre-printed signature.

which we all know is just another lie in a series of lies his entire life.

A LIAR and just another in a series of gigantic douche bags in the hobby.
How sad.

You would need a jackhammer and a gallon of alcohol, and still the "ink" won't come off the photo:D

thetruthisoutthere 05-24-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Tim, read the below blog.

It was my first-in-a-series on the "Florida" forgeries (machine-produced forgeries--copies) on inkjet paper and "authenticated" by that Forensic Scam known as Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators (GFA/Stephen Rocchi).

thetruthisoutthere 05-24-2019 10:27 AM

Eba seller Heroesofthegame305_8 Florida Forgeries

A few months ago, numerous "Florida" sellers of forgeries were booted off Ebay after someone got ripped-off big-time and Ebay finally took action.

Ebay seller Heroesofthgame305_8 is one of the few remaining "Florida" sellers who continues to sell the "Florida" crap.

They have made a mint selling pure garbage.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/heroesofthe...p2047675.l2562

Forever Young 05-24-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1872834)

The logical question in response to him saying he Never saw them signed is : “where did you obtain all of this stuff?” I wish they asked him that on the phone interview or at hidden police footage. I wonder what his standard response is.

thetruthisoutthere 05-24-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever Young (Post 1880744)
The logical question in response to him saying he Never saw them signed is : “where did you obtain all of this stuff?” I wish they asked him that on the phone interview or at hidden police footage. I wonder what his standard response is.

They should have asked him "Who are your experts/authenticators?"

Fuddjcal 05-24-2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1880740)
A few months ago, numerous "Florida" sellers of forgeries were booted off Ebay after someone got ripped-off big-time and Ebay finally took action.

Ebay seller Heroesofthgame305_8 is one of the few remaining "Florida" sellers who continues to sell the "Florida" crap.

They have made a mint selling pure garbage.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/heroesofthe...p2047675.l2562

And I have heard of other scams HOG are involved with in Baseball cards. E bay took action...imagine that:rolleyes:

Fuddjcal 05-24-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1880752)

His response is the old Pinocchio tale about the Scoreboard court case "he won".:D:D:D:Dand he got ALL these from them. :D:D:DWhat a complete Jerkoff knumbnuts, IMHO.

Forever Young 05-24-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1880752)

Well that too but i assumed that was on the certs provided

thetruthisoutthere 05-24-2019 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever Young (Post 1880891)
Well that too but i assumed that was on the certs provided

I want the specific name(s) of the authenticator(s).

RichardSimon 05-27-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1880940)
I want the specific name(s) of the authenticator(s).

Alvin Clarence "Titanic Thompson" Thomas
Gaston Means
George C. Parker
Daniel Levey

:) :)

Aquarian Sports Cards 05-27-2019 04:07 PM

Did they not charge him with anything in Cleveland? Just shut him down and confiscate? If they did charge him then there's a judge somewhere who would like to know that this is how he awaits trial.

Thank goodness for him he still has a huge inventory of these deceased signatures, I was afraid they might have cleaned him out in Cleveland, and where oh where would he get more?

chalupacollects 05-28-2019 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1880736)
Tim, read the below blog.

It was my first-in-a-series on the "Florida" forgeries (machine-produced forgeries--copies) on inkjet paper and "authenticated" by that Forensic Scam known as Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators (GFA/Stephen Rocchi).

Thanks! Unbelievable these people...

Fuddjcal 05-28-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1881668)
Did they not charge him with anything in Cleveland? Just shut him down and confiscate? If they did charge him then there's a judge somewhere who would like to know that this is how he awaits trial.

Thank goodness for him he still has a huge inventory of these deceased signatures, I was afraid they might have cleaned him out in Cleveland, and where oh where would he get more?

take a looksie at post# 60

NJDeepthroat 06-17-2019 08:25 AM

Tony Podsada

I can tell you he is running a slippery slope when he says "They are authentic but I am not selling them as authentic". When you look at this it creates a question that if it is not authentic, then place a watermark on the photo indicating as such and sell it as a copy etc. Now whether that is legal is a another issue. I just don't see any positives in Tony doing this and feel sad for him. He made a nice plaque but that does not matter at this point because no one wants fakes in the market period. He tries to sell something as a decorative item knowing full well that an autograph albeit fake exists which is what cannot be legal in any way.

NJDeepthroat 08-09-2019 10:33 AM

If this is the case then all autographs would have to align perfectly to when the photo is placed in the device. This could be the case for autopen!