Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Another Alert for EBAY Sellers: (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=262290)

clydepepper 11-18-2018 11:12 AM

Another Alert for EBAY Sellers:

I had someone with a 100% positive feedback record bid on an item I'm selling. Everything fine with that? NOT!

I have started clicking on the transaction number of each bidder with smaller numbers of transaction just to make sure they're on the up and up.

Well, this was a weird situation: The bidder, 'cla-wein-24' had 100% positive as I mentioned, but the comments for every one of their transactions were WARNING and NEGATIVE reports...but the morons left POSITIVE feedback!!

All I can figure is this:

This is where we are now: Sellers are too afraid to leave negative feedback even when it is royally appropriate for fear of retaliation.

Immediately after reading all those WARNING POSITIVES, I added this bidder to my 'blocked bidder' list and canceled their bids...the result of which was that my item when down from 103.50 to 52.00 - the under-bidder, who reads as legit, appears to have been a victim of this jerk as well...he has a max bid which was surpassed which, I guess, was the purpose of all this.

And they would have gotten away with it if the morons had not left those WARNINGS

earlywynnfan 11-18-2018 11:16 AM

You are aware sellers can't leave negative feedback, right?

clydepepper 11-18-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 1827944)
You are aware sellers can't leave negative feedback, right?

No, but I do know they can leave NEUTRAL.

slidekellyslide 11-18-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1827945)
No, but I do know they can leave NEUTRAL.

Nope

RedsFan1941 11-18-2018 11:53 AM

lol glad the bidder wasn't Avast

D. Bergin 11-18-2018 12:26 PM

A positive negative is literally the only way an Ebay seller can neg a buyer. The buyer could even have those disappeared if he wanted to or knew how to.

JustinD 11-18-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1827975)
A positive negative is literally the only way an Ebay seller can neg a buyer. The buyer could even have those disappeared if he wanted to or knew how to.

This is true, the most annoying ebay change for sellers of the past decade in my mind. Made me stop selling.

swarmee 11-18-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1827975)

Unpaid item strike. Go through the "open a case" and close it as soon as the window for payment closes. If buyers get enough unpaid item strikes (and you report them to eBay for them), sometimes they will cancel those accounts.

chalupacollects 11-19-2018 06:40 AM

I had heard a false "positive" is a way for sellers who have had an issue with a buyer to alert the rest of the ebay community to beware with out risking a return negative or neutral from the buyer...also since the return policy of ebay is totally buyer friendly its an issue most seller don't want to deal with by dropping a neg on the buyer and getting a NAD or changed my mind return...

slidekellyslide 11-19-2018 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalupacollects (Post 1828151)
I had heard a false "positive" is a way for sellers who have had an issue with a buyer to alert the rest of the ebay community to beware with out risking a return negative or neutral from the buyer...also since the return policy of ebay is totally buyer friendly its an issue most seller don't want to deal with by dropping a neg on the buyer and getting a NAD or changed my mind return...

Sellers can NOT leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers on ebay. This has been an impossibility for many years now.

Tabe 11-19-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1828155)
Sellers can NOT leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers on ebay. This has been an impossibility for many years now.

Yeah, it's been at least three years, maybe even five or more. Been a long time.

And it came to this because sellers abused the feedback system.

Jim65 11-19-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1828155)

And they cannot leave false positives either, ebay will remove if the buyer asks.

slidekellyslide 11-19-2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabe (Post 1828296)
Yeah, it's been at least three years, maybe even five or more. Been a long time.

And it came to this because sellers abused the feedback system.

Agreed...they went too far though. Sellers should be allowed to leave negative/neutral if a buyer does not pay.

Ritz Collector 11-20-2018 05:39 AM

That is annoying

bigred1 11-20-2018 06:46 AM

A friend of mine who is a big seller told me he needs ebay far more than they need him, no place else to have that many eyes on your product.

Leon 11-23-2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 1827960)
lol glad the bidder wasn't Avast

Just in case, if anyone is too worried here ya go...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Avast-Inter...1WH7:rk:6:pf:0

As for bad ebay sellers they should be able to ding buyers imo..... It is way too one sided the way it is.