Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   EBay seller issue (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=217232)

coolshemp 01-27-2016 04:51 PM

EBay seller issue

For the first time ever, a buyer has opened a return on one of my items. At question it is a postcard from the 1920's, graded by SGC as a postcard. The back says postcard. Now seller is claiming not as described, and wants a refund, stating that it is really an exhibit card, and not a post card. Therefore, he wants a refund. I am saying no because a. non-return policy and b. it was labeled by SGC as a postcard. When I called EBay she said I have it clearly listed, and he has no case. But the money is still being held in paypal pending me returning this card. Anyone ever been in these shoes? How long in limbo?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charley-Chas...p2047675.l2557

swarmee 01-27-2016 05:05 PM

Did you show an image of the back in the auction listing?

Claiming to not take returns on eBay is sort of a joke, though.

coolshemp 01-27-2016 05:07 PM

Thanks for replying. Clear front and back scans were available.

drcy 01-27-2016 05:37 PM

Stupid. The back says 'Post Card,' has the space for the letter, address and a box for the stamp. That by definition is a postcard.

Though something can be an Exhibit card and a postcard. They aren't mutually exclusive. Exhibit postcards.

kmac32 01-27-2016 05:51 PM

Fairly typical for postcards of this era

coolshemp 01-27-2016 05:54 PM

Thanks for weighing in, guys. I just spoke to the rep at EBay for the second time this week. He told me not to worry, that I am covered under seller protection because I was clear in my listing about the item being a postcard, and that a 3rd party (SGC) also considered it to be a postcard. The return will not be authorized and no refund issued. Sounds good, but until I see it in writing....

coolshemp 01-27-2016 05:57 PM

WELL that was surprisingly quick:
eBay Customer Support has made a final decision.
Based on information provided in the case, the buyer accepted your offer for a partial refund, and you issued the refund. You don't need to do anything else. Because we decided in your favour, this case, any feedback left, and all detailed seller ratings left, will not affect your seller performance. In addition, any feedback left for this transaction will be removed. Note: It may take up to 24 hours for these updates to reflect in your Seller Dashboard.
Final decision:
This case was found in your favour
Transaction information:
Any remaining funds from this PayPal transaction are available.

I am in shock they found in the seller's favor!

Stonepony 01-27-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolshemp (Post 1496559)
Based on information provided in the case, the buyer accepted your offer for a partial refund, and you issued the refund. You don't need to do anything else. Because we decided in your favour, this case, any feedback left, and all detailed seller ratings left, will not affect your seller performance. In addition, any feedback left for this transaction will be removed. Note: It may take up to 24 hours for these updates to reflect in your Seller Dashboard.
Final decision:
Transaction information:

You gave a partial refund?

bnorth 01-27-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolshemp (Post 1496559)
Final decision:
Transaction information:

How is this in the sellers favor? Looks to me that the buyer won big time, got to keep the card and got a partial refund.

savedfrommyspokes 01-27-2016 06:06 PM

Recently as a seller, because of well worded listings/descriptions, I have had several "return" cases decided in my favor also. Thankful that I took the few extra seconds to add seemingly small details about the card to the listing.

coolshemp 01-27-2016 06:07 PM

A partial refund was never offered by me or mentioned in my conversations. That is a strange email after all from Ebay. He requested full refund and I did not offer the partial.

kmac32 01-27-2016 06:11 PM

So did Paypal issue a partial refund or did they release all the funds? I definitely would question somebody saying that I authorized a partial refund when none was ever discussed.

coolshemp 01-27-2016 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmac32 (Post 1496567)
So did Paypal issue a partial refund or did they release all the funds? I definitely would question somebody saying that I authorized a partial refund when none was ever discussed.

My PayPal has been fully restored. So they used the wrong form letter template? I don't know!

One other weird thing. I signed in my account as normal. When checking on the refund request, I clicked the tab and it sent me to EBay Canada. That is fine, I guess, since there is a French option, but displayed in English. After I called and checked on the disposition of the case, I clicked on the button provided and voila! I was in Ebay Germany - and this time it was in German, only German, until I clicked on something else and it took me back to Canada. I dont need to travel this summer afterall..

kmac32 01-27-2016 07:13 PM

Hopefully your PayPal wasn't hacked with all the weird stuff you described.

edhans 01-28-2016 10:07 AM

Re: EBay seller issue

Exhibit 3,459,843 for not selling on ebay and taking PayPal payments.

Sean1125 01-28-2016 01:12 PM

If you took the return and contacted SGC with your damages I am 100% sure Earl would make it right.

drcy 01-28-2016 02:28 PM

What did SGC do wrong? They labelled a postcard as a postcard.

coolshemp 01-28-2016 08:33 PM

I don't know if anyone cares about this drama anymore, but - EBay reversed it's decision to NOT refund the buyer because he appealed and escalated the claim. However, no funds were taken from my Paypal. A note was there saying that EBay refunded the buyer, and I now owe EBay 34.99. I called again, and they did say they refunded the buyer, but it was on their dime due to a computer glitch, with no more details available. He said not to worry, and that basically EBay bought the item and gave it to the buyer. Huh. As long as it doesn't come out of my pocket I guess I shouldn't care. BUT it is cool how you can squawk and get free items! Waiting to see him relist for double what I sold....

drcy 01-28-2016 10:24 PM

Many years back, I had an issue as a seller with an escrow payment deal and an expensive missing shipment on eBay. In the end, eBay admitted they were the ones who made the error (I don't recall the details, but they didn't follow one of their own rules) and they were out the money. So eBay sometimes does admit to their errors.

danmckee 01-29-2016 06:08 AM

an awful amount of time and effort. For $30, accept the return and refund the buyer. Would have saved you $5K in headaches.

coolshemp 01-29-2016 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmckee (Post 1497167)
an awful amount of time and effort. For $30, accept the return and refund the buyer. Would have saved you $5K in headaches.

I know..but it was the principle of the thing. My listing was clear.

Leon 01-30-2016 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolshemp (Post 1497171)
I know..but it was the principle of the thing. My listing was clear.

I agree.....