Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rosemont (IL) Show this weekend (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=87709)

Archive 11-15-2007 07:28 AM

Rosemont (IL) Show this weekend

Posted By: <b>Steve Murray</b><p>Does anyone think this show may be worthwhile going to? I see in another thread that GAI will be there. Apparently SGC will not at least it's not a listed show on it's website. Anyone know what dealers may attend. I'm only 10 miles away so for me it will be easy if it's worth going to.

Archive 11-15-2007 07:31 AM

Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>"GAI will be there"<br />sure they will...

Archive 11-15-2007 08:20 AM

Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>I used to go to this show when I lived in the mid-West in the late '90s and it was a great show - lots of vintage stuff and most of the major dealers were there. I have not been there in recent years, but I would imagine it is still good.<br />JimB

Archive 11-15-2007 11:52 AM

Posted By: <b>jeff</b><p>I really think this is a great show worth going in my opinion! Psa is also there. Make sure to stop by gibsons across the street good bar and great food

Archive 11-15-2007 11:57 AM

Posted By: <b>Jason L</b><p>and can vouch for the food.<br /><br />sounds like a perfect weekend to me: gorge yourself on vintage card purchases, then walk across the street and gorge yourself at a classic steakhouse!

Archive 11-15-2007 06:49 PM

Posted By: <b>Josh Adams</b><p>Steve, <br /><br />I like going, if only to mingle with board members and talk with dealers that I've come to know. You should go either Saturday or sunday, I'd love to meet up. Email to follow.<br />Josh<br><br>Go Go White Sox<br />2005 World Series Champions!

Archive 11-15-2007 07:08 PM

Posted By: <b>Marty</b><p>In my mind, the Sun Times show is on par with what the Fort Washington show was prior to Redding. Most of the major dealers attend. I will be set up there also.

Archive 11-15-2007 10:12 PM

Posted By: <b>Mark Steinberg</b><p>I would like to go, but unfortunately can't. <br /><br />I received emails today, from Mile High Card Co, Memory Lane and Mastro... all of whom will be there. I am sure there will be many many more, as this has traditionally been a well attended show.

Archive 11-16-2007 01:47 AM

Posted By: <b>Dustan Hedlin</b><p>I'll be there as well, and really only on the lookout for a nice T206 or Cobb auto (probably won't find one of those, with my luck). I always attend this show, and it's always the same weekend as the Michigan - Ohio St. football game, so I always have to be creative with my weekend plans. I will probably only make it to the show on Friday. There's a lot of vintage; I remember that I used to think there was way too much back when I only cared about modern stuff.