Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question for the board - USPS issue (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=224484)

tedzan 06-25-2016 06:45 PM

Situations like this with USPS can be very frustrating.

However, the best solution to avoiding them (or significantly minimizing them) in the future is to rent a PO Box.

I have had a PO Box mailing address for all my collectibles since 1969. And, I can tell you for a fact that I have never had any problems with USPS in 47 years.

Nowadays, Box rental fees vary from $60 to $100 per year, depending on the size of the Box. This is a really small price to pay in order to have peace of mind.

Oh, one more piece of advice here......try to find a small branch PO near your residence. Believe me, in most cases you will experience friendly personal service
from the postal employee(s) at these branch offices.

TED Z

Stonepony 06-25-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedzan (Post 1554868)

However, the best solution to avoiding them (or significantly minimizing them) in the future is to rent a PO Box.

I have had a PO Box mailing address for all my collectibles since 1969. And, I can tell you for a fact that I have never had any problems with USPS in 47 years.

Nowadays, Box rental fees vary from $60 to $100 per year, depending on the size of the Box. This is a really small price to pay in order to have peace of mind.

Oh, one more piece of advice here......try to find a small branch PO near your residence. Believe me, in most cases you will experience friendly personal service

TED Z

I use a UPS Store rental box for all collectibles bought/won

chaddurbin 06-25-2016 08:05 PM

Quote:

TED Z

being friendly is how we got here in the first place. i don't need a friendly post office, just a staff that does the job competently.

bobbyw8469 06-26-2016 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaddurbin (Post 1554908)
being friendly is how we got here in the first place. i don't need a friendly post office, just a staff that does the job competently.

You are taking his advice the wrong way. There is a difference between being friendly and being LAZY! Your mail carrier was LAZY! You definitely need to be friendly with your local postal clerks. Ted Z is 100% right. Get a small PO Box in a small office. Know the postal clerks by name. They can make getting packages SOOOOOOOOOO much easier!

ALR-bishop 06-27-2016 07:29 AM

This is a recent thread on CU

https://forums.collectors.com/messag...&enterthread=y

ghooper33 06-27-2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1555374)

I read this article - I guess too much temptation for some people to behave honestly.

For my situation, I contacted consumer affairs today and they have started a case for investigation. More to come...

begsu1013 06-27-2016 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1554693)
It doesn't matter whether he stole it, or someone else did, or there is some other explanation. They are required to get YOUR signature, or someone authorized to receive, not A signature.

100% and if they signed "your" name, it's a felony.

the felony angle usually puts some fuego under some culos.

sbfinley 06-28-2016 02:01 AM

Quote:

TED Z

I can't agree with this advice any more. I moved from the city, past the burbs, and straight to the country after my father passed five years ago and the difference in service is night and day. Not that the metro PO was bad, but things went missing, lines were long, and shipping/receiving was just a hassle. Here I purchased a PO box at a small (two employee branch) and it has just been amazing. The two ladies know me and they know what I collect. They make sure everything is handled correctly. If I need stamps I leave cash and note a note in my box and they're there the next day. After two years of receiving numerous packages weekly they offered me the largest box they offered for a discounted rate (they had several open). My wife and I now have three boxes with the branch, but use only one address. If it's to my wife or her business it goes to one, to me another, and any packages to either of us are placed in the large box. Unless the package is twice the size of a shoe box, I never have to wait to receive it.

buymycards 06-28-2016 05:37 AM

postmaster

The Postmasters boss is called the Postal Operations Manager, who is usually located in another city, but threatening to call the Operations Manager may help. You may also want to tell your "nice" carrier that you are going to contact the police. The carrier cannot sign for your items. Period. It is not allowed.

Our new scanners have many options - delivered, attempted, business closed, etc, and after a delivered scan, you have to enter something such as - in the mailbox, in the garage, etc. The Postmaster can use the tracking number with Google Maps and pull up a map that will show exactly where this package was scanned by the carriers scanner. It only takes a couple of minutes, and I have been able to tell my customers that the package was put in the garage, or on their deck, and on occasion, I can tell them that the package was delivered to their neighbors box, or to 406 E. Oak instead of the correct address of 406 W. Oak.

Good luck