Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My Missing Card is For Sale Again ... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=220846)

ChiSoxFan 04-09-2016 08:36 PM

My Missing Card is For Sale Again ...

The card I purchased on eBay about two weeks ago is for sale again on eBay

Reference this post regarding card.

The Auction I Won

The Current Auction

Cards look identical to me. I have not contacted the current seller yet.

What should I do now??? As a FYI to the above post, I am getting a full refund from the claim I filed with eBay.

Thanks,
James

Steve D 04-09-2016 08:43 PM

I agree, both the front and back of the card, in both auctions, appear identical to me also.

I would at least contact USPS, as this sounds like a case of postal theft.

Steve

bnorth 04-09-2016 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve D (Post 1525538)
I agree, both the front and back of the card, in both auctions, appear identical to me also.

I would at least contact USPS, as this sounds like a case of postal theft.

Steve

+1 they look the same to me also.

Rookiemonster 04-09-2016 08:48 PM

The plot thickens !

savedfrommyspokes 04-09-2016 08:50 PM

The original seller may find this very interesting as the new seller is located in the same state where the package went "missing".

pokerplyr80 04-09-2016 08:53 PM

I would contact the usps, ebay, and your local police department. Chances are this card isn't the only thing this guy has stolen.

iowadoc77 04-09-2016 08:55 PM

This

This stinks. Hate that this has to be part of the hobby. Seems to be more and more all the time.

yanksfan09 04-09-2016 09:03 PM

Absolutely same cards. No question about it. Same lower left corner creases. The tiny paper loss spot on bottom in between A and M of American. The print shift on left border with part of belt and dots bellow it on left border of card. Same staining and corner wear everywhere. Same tiny break in black line from tiny crease on top border of card. All these features make it unique as a fingerprint!

vintagetoppsguy 04-10-2016 12:02 AM

Forget getting USPS, authorities or anybody else involved. Sometimes you just have to take things into your own hands. Email the seller and ask them if they allow local pick up (if you're within reasonable driving distance). If they say yes, then make sure you win the card no matter the cost. Bid $1000 if you have to. When you go to meet him for the transaction, beat his ass and take your card back.

swarmee 04-10-2016 05:17 AM

"booeysmom" kind of sounds like a woman's screenname. My thoughts though: if you're getting a full refund, it's not your card anymore. Report it to the insurance company that is reimbursing you, as it is technically their property now.

bnorth 04-10-2016 07:14 AM

Seller pulled the item already. Hopefully it gets reported to the USPS and they actually do something about it. Not too long ago a USPS employee here got caught for stealing mail for over a decade. Had several rooms in their house completely full along with their garage.

iwantitiwinit 04-10-2016 07:28 AM

Might as well just buy this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-11-T206...IAAOSwv-NWXSG0

A nicer card and its graded. Relative to your claim I know its the principle not the money but at some point you just have to let it go, not worth your time and the stress. If you want to pursue thats cool just don't let it consume you.

bobbyw8469 04-10-2016 08:00 AM

why did the seller pull the item??? What jerk on here warned her??

D. Bergin 04-10-2016 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1525582)
"booeysmom" kind of sounds like a woman's screenname. My thoughts though: if you're getting a full refund, it's not your card anymore. Report it to the insurance company that is reimbursing you, as it is technically their property now.

What about the original seller that's out 36 bucks + shipping?

ALR-bishop 04-10-2016 09:12 AM

[QUOTE=vintagetoppsguy;1525572]Forget getting USPS, authorities or anybody else involved. Sometimes you just have to take things into your own hands. Email the seller and ask them if they allow local pick up (if you're within reasonable driving distance). If they say yes, then make sure you win the card no matter the cost. Bid $1000 if you have to. When you go to meet him for the transaction, beat his ass and take your card back.[/

This could be is risky strategy in Texas or, as OJ found out, Nevada :). But the sentiment is appealing

sushihotwings 04-10-2016 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiSoxFan (Post 1525534)
The card I purchased on eBay about two weeks ago is for sale again on eBay

Reference this post regarding card.

The Auction I Won

The Current Auction

Cards look identical to me. I have not contacted the current seller yet.

What should I do now??? As a FYI to the above post, I am getting a full refund from the claim I filed with eBay.

Thanks,
James

I really hope you report this seller to the USPS and authorities. Theft seems highly likely. It may be a relatively small amount of money, but consider them a super predator as Bill Clinton just said. Just a matter of time before another valuable item is swiped along your mail route.

D@v!d L@mont

Sean 04-10-2016 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1525582)

Seller has now changed her name to "deadhead80t."

Nothing suspicious about that. :rolleyes:

irv 04-10-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 1525748)
Seller has now changed her name to "deadhead80t."

Nothing suspicious about that. :rolleyes:

This story just keeps getting better and better!

Looks like her/his "new name" has conveniently been used before based on the feedback?

Sean 04-10-2016 05:03 PM

I think that she keeps her old feedback from her previous name. :confused:

thecatspajamas 04-10-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 1525781)
I think that she keeps her old feedback from her previous name. :confused:

Correct, feedback carries over if you change your eBay name. You only have to (or get to, in some cases) start over with feedback if setting up a new account.