Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   CardTarget Not Working? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=233775)

Edwolf1963 01-13-2017 07:40 AM

CardTarget Not Working?

Is anyone having any issues the last day or two with CardTarget? I couldn't get it to look up any sets a couple days ago .. now it does but no pricing. Didn't know if it was a glitch on their end or on mine?

Republicaninmass 01-13-2017 07:51 AM

Since it was sold a while back its been useless to me. Sorry to hear it isnt functioning

Edwolf1963 01-13-2017 08:04 AM

CardTarget

Really, I didn't know it had been sold? It had been working fine up until Wednesday I believe – I still find it helpful, but perhaps it's not being updated after the sale?

Luke 01-13-2017 10:45 AM

I thought it was down for the longest time because when I type "cardtarget.com" into my browser, it gives me a page that says 404 not found.

Then someone mentioned it was still running and posted a link. I clicked on the link, and it worked. I bookmarked it, and now I have to use the bookmark to get to the site. I still can't get there by typing the site into my browser.

t206fix 01-13-2017 11:23 AM

It was working a few days ago. I tried to get prices yesterday and nothing. I sent them an email but no response as of yet.

I like the old site better - much easier to use and read.

bwiller 01-13-2017 11:35 AM

Card Target Status

Hey everyone, just a quick update:

Unfortunately Thursday night we dropped the main database/index the site uses to query pricing history. We are in the process of rebuilding that database as I type, but it will take some time to get the 12 million+ records re-indexed. The re-population began earlier this morning. (We didn't lose any data, it is just an indexing/population problem)

For those who cannot access the site via http://cardtarget.com it *should* redirect to http://www.cardtarget.com - if it doesnt, let me know.

We are getting ready to launch an updated site hopefully in the next week or two. I will let everyone know when it is ready - it has a much improved UI, and I removed the login requirement if you just want to see average sale prices. (You will still need to log into get additional analytics, high, low, last, etc.)

As a side job that I pay for out of my own pocket, I am working as fast as I can.

Thanks for the heads up from everyone who alerted us!
Bob

the-illini 01-13-2017 12:45 PM

I think it is a great resource; thanks for the update.

Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwiller (Post 1620160)

Unfortunately Thursday night we dropped the main database/index the site uses to query pricing history. We are in the process of rebuilding that database as I type, but it will take some time to get the 12 million+ records re-indexed. The re-population began earlier this morning. (We didn't lose any data, it is just an indexing/population problem)

For those who cannot access the site via http://cardtarget.com it *should* redirect to http://www.cardtarget.com - if it doesnt, let me know.

We are getting ready to launch an updated site hopefully in the next week or two. I will let everyone know when it is ready - it has a much improved UI, and I removed the login requirement if you just want to see average sale prices. (You will still need to log into get additional analytics, high, low, last, etc.)

As a side job that I pay for out of my own pocket, I am working as fast as I can.

Bob

frankbmd 01-13-2017 01:04 PM

I have seen several of my purchases show up on the site within 48 hours or less, until this glitch. In general the updating process has been satisfactory.

For some reason Auth0 thinks that I am a cardtarget (and i am not) programmer. I get emails from them. Their responses are certified gobbledegook. I tell them I don't understand a word they are saying and their response is "Thank you". If in the reboot of data, I could somehow be deleted from the Auth0 mailing list that would be nice:).

The site is a bit cumbersome to get to what you are looking for, but I thought the former configuration was also cumbersome. Maybe it's just the nature of the beast, or the nature of the beasts at Auth0.:D

TUM301 01-13-2017 01:07 PM

Cardtarget

Quote:

Originally Posted by the-illini (Post 1620178)
I think it is a great resource; thanks for the update.

Chris

+1, I`m with Chris. Find myself referring to cardtarget a couple times a week sometimes for specific cards others to just do a little fun research.

Edwolf1963 01-13-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwiller (Post 1620160)

Bob

Bob, thanks for the update! I think it's been a great site and resource. Many thanks for putting it together, maintaining it and keeping us updated!

Jobu 01-13-2017 05:51 PM

I use Card Target all the time and am relieved to hear that it is still going to be going strong. Thanks Bob for all of your hard work, I greatly appreciate it!

Leon 01-16-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobu (Post 1620277)
I use Card Target all the time and am relieved to hear that it is still going to be going strong. Thanks Bob for all of your hard work, I greatly appreciate it!

+2 Much appreciated. I have used it often too.

pawpawdiv9 01-16-2017 04:01 PM

I forgot all about this site.
I am logged in, but cannot do anything. I try typing in the search area, but nothing shows up.

JollyElm 01-16-2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 1621206)
I forgot all about this site.
I am logged in, but cannot do anything. I try typing in the search area, but nothing shows up.

Same here.

Jobu 01-16-2017 06:53 PM

See post #6

bwiller 01-17-2017 08:36 PM

Update: Tuesday evening

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Here is a quick update - kind of a good news / bad news scenario:

The bad news is that when attempting to restore the data I ran into a problem caused by changes I had made preparing for the new site so restoring the existing site is not going to happen.

The good news is the new site is almost ready, and this incident is forcing me to get that finished. It will be a few more days, but hopefully worth the wait.

I will provide another update in another day or so. I know a few of you have sent me messages -> I will reply once the site is up - sorry for the delay.
Bob

Edwolf1963 01-18-2017 01:05 PM

New site

Bob, I may be asking a question others have asked or may ask – will the new site have new URL or will it still fall under the same cardtarget.com?

Thanks for the info/update!

Ed

Republicaninmass 01-19-2017 09:00 AM

Just sits at the loading page

obcbobd 01-31-2017 10:33 AM

Any update?

thanks

Bob

frankbmd 02-03-2017 11:08 AM

At least some of the values are in view now. The new format seems much easier to use with more data on past sales available. The pricing data seems to load more quickly.

The T206 section ends with Waddell (in alphabetical order). Whether this is a glitch or a work in progress is not clear.

I am quite optimistic that the updates performed on the site will be well worth the wait.

Republicaninmass 02-03-2017 11:13 AM

They completely elimated signed cards

shammus 02-16-2017 01:37 PM

Maybe it's just me but I can't get any information to populate on the site at all. The user-interface seems a lot more complicated than what I remember as well. I used to really rely on CardTarget and am really happy to see it's still around at least.

bwiller 02-20-2017 08:33 PM

Everything should be back...

Sorry for the delay - as soon as we got our data restored, we had an issue with our connection to eBay which they didn't resolve until over the past weekend so I was waiting on that fix. We have a backlog of recent auctions we are working through, but the site itself should be functional.

I have also fixed a few of the issues that people have brought to my attention, including T206's not returning cards past Waddell, and some sets not being available via search.

Thanks for everyone's patience. If you can't find something or have any problems let me know!
Bob

TUM301 02-21-2017 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shammus (Post 1631678)
Maybe it's just me but I can't get any information to populate on the site at all. The user-interface seems a lot more complicated than what I remember as well. I used to really rely on CardTarget and am really happy to see it's still around at least.

Same here Brian.

Luke 02-21-2017 04:45 PM

I used to really enjoy using this site to find past sales of certain t206 front/back combos. It now looks like you can't scroll through a certain card and see all the sales with back info. I also can't figure out how to search by back. Used to be you could look at all the Cycle 350s with PSA backs, now that options seems gone? I could just be missing it (hopefully). Any help would be appreciated, thanks!