Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PWCC at the National? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=271796)

Peter_Spaeth 08-04-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 1905513)
Jeff- I am glad you pointed this out. I remember thinking what an ugly and terribly over-graded example, last auction. And then in my daily Cobb search, I saw the card, AGAIN.

Bad deja vu, eh?

Rhotchkiss 08-04-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1905520)
Bad deja vu, eh?

Understatement. As an aside, I think pwcc’s most recent auction weak - that recycled Cobb PC is a highlight, and it’s busted.

Tabe 08-05-2019 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1880nonsports (Post 1905488)
as I sheepishly inquire what "Halo" means in it's earlier context

Halo is one of the biggest video game franchises on the planet.

1880nonsports 08-05-2019 07:01 AM

Thanks!

I'm an old dinosaur who doesn't get out much.

1952boyntoncollector 08-05-2019 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabe (Post 1905565)
Halo is one of the biggest video game franchises on the planet.

Also a cool beyonce video

steve B 08-05-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1905601)
Also a cool beyonce video

There's a cool Beyonce video?

1880nonsports 08-05-2019 11:30 AM

Jake

is a bit let's just say unusual :-)

tulsaboy 08-05-2019 12:25 PM

I was there most of the week. For those actually interested, I went walking by there a number of times, as it was both near the restrooms and near the ebay booth where they were handing out $10 coupons. They were normally empty or had folks there in ones and twos looking at the displays of cards. I saw one or two people either selling or consigning, seated at a table talking with a PWCC rep. Other than that, it was one of the quietest and most empty setups in the entire convention center.
kevin

Peter_Spaeth 08-05-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tulsaboy (Post 1905684)
I was there most of the week. For those actually interested, I went walking by there a number of times, as it was both near the restrooms and near the ebay booth where they were handing out $10 coupons. They were normally empty or had folks there in ones and twos looking at the displays of cards. I saw one or two people either selling or consigning, seated at a table talking with a PWCC rep. Other than that, it was one of the quietest and most empty setups in the entire convention center.
kevin

Guess Brent felt otherwise.

What a great National Convention!

This past National revealed perhaps the most energetic and swiftly appreciating market in history. We have never seen so many people at the show and so much excitement in the room. We had a great experience and really enjoyed the face-time with our customers.

We picked up some amazing items for Auction #9!

We are extending the submission deadline until 8/15/19 to allow time for those who were traveling from the show.

Please note our new shipping address:

PWCC Marketplace
7560 SW Durham Rd
Tigard, OR 97224

Click here to print an auction submission form: SUBMIT AUCTION #9, 2019
Thank you for your continued business.
PWCC MarketplaceSent from my iPhone

Aquarian Sports Cards 08-05-2019 07:13 PM

Extending the deadline...

...because they didn't get the consignments they were expecting?

MULLINS5 08-05-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1905810)
Extending the deadline...

...because they didn't get the consignments they were expecting?

I checked my spam filter and it looks like they do this extension often.

MULLINS5 08-05-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tulsaboy (Post 1905684)
kevin

eBay has a booth?

tulsaboy 08-06-2019 07:58 AM

ebay had a setup that was about 15x15 with a countertop set up on 3 sides, with a handful of ipads. You walked up and entered your name, email, phone number, and answered one or two questions about whether or not you sold things on ebay, and they entered you into a raffle and gave you a $10 off coupon that is useable on any transaction for more than $10. It was actually a heck of a deal. I *may* have gone back a couple of times to get extra coupons. They worked right away, we used a couple from right inside the convention center. The folks there were very nice and quite friendly. They even gave us little ebay Sharpies.
kevin

Snapolit1 08-06-2019 09:40 AM

I think Brent is learning the hard way what Ed Norton said many year ago about the sewer, "be nice to the people you meet on the way up . . . because you are going to meet the same people on the way down."

bobbyw8469 08-06-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1905966)
I think Brent is learning the hard way what Ed Norton said many year ago about the sewer, "be nice to the people you meet on the way up . . . because you are going to meet the same people on the way down."

Touche.

Fuddjcal 08-06-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tulsaboy (Post 1905939)
ebay had a setup that was about 15x15 with a countertop set up on 3 sides, with a handful of ipads. You walked up and entered your name, email, phone number, and answered one or two questions about whether or not you sold things on ebay, and they entered you into a raffle and gave you a $10 off coupon that is useable on any transaction for more than $10. It was actually a heck of a deal. I *may* have gone back a couple of times to get extra coupons. They worked right away, we used a couple from right inside the convention center. The folks there were very nice and quite friendly. They even gave us little ebay Sharpies.
kevin

Did you get their phone numbers? Every time I've ever called Fee-Bay they apparently are in the Philippines????...AND you know Fudd's policy on companies that have Philippine call centers. They get themselves fired and never used again.

Exhibitman 08-06-2019 12:38 PM

StockX was right behind eBay. It is trying to be an eBay alternative with PSA graded cards in the major sports. Their deal is that they act as an escrow: you ship to them, they get items to the buyers, so no horse-arounds with delivery. The rep told me that they recently had a very favorable evaluation with some venture capital people and expect a very large investment to fuel the expansion into other sports cards. There are no listing fees and you don't send them the card until payment is in hand. I hope they do emerge as a viable eBay alternative; if not, at least they had good snacks at the booth.

Aquarian Sports Cards 08-06-2019 12:52 PM

Isn't that basically the same service ComC provides?

ALBB 08-06-2019 02:07 PM

No No..It was Ralph Kramden who said that....he thought he was going to become a big shot millionaire

h2oya311 08-06-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalupacollects (Post 1904934)
Did you happen to see the comment at the end of the article - priceless...

Oh my goodness! Priceless indeed!

barrysloate 08-07-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1904854)
Yes Hi, I'd like to ask you a question about the carpet & easel?

Exactly what I was thinking. We can't talk about the scandal, but I can tell you we use only the finest shag carpets with our displays. That's helpful.

ullmandds 08-07-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1906349)
Exactly what I was thinking. We can't talk about the scandal, but I can tell you we use only the finest shag carpets with our displays. That's helpful.

totally comical in its ridiculousness!

Leon 08-08-2019 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1906350)
totally comical in its ridiculousness!

I hear certain lawyers will only walk on the most plush carpet. When I heard there were only hundreds of cards altered I thought of the shark tank Mr. Wonderful saying....when a business is a dud "Your business will make you HUNDREDS of dollars......but it's not worth investing in, I am out!!"

The few times I walked by the PWCC booth there weren't too many people at it.

Peter_Spaeth 08-08-2019 07:26 AM

Now that would have been entertaining -- the Wizard of Oswego trying to convince the Shark Tank folks to invest in his notes or vault or whatever.

perezfan 08-08-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1906551)
Now that would have been entertaining -- the Wizard of Oswego trying to convince the Shark Tank folks to invest in his notes or vault or whatever.

That would've been a GREAT episode. It will never happen now, but I bet with Brentsy's charm, good looks, communication skills and flair for hyperbole, they might have swayed a Shark or two. Can't you envision them proudly standing in front of the Sharks in their spiffy black polo shirts and PWCC logos? Utilizing flip-charts to demonstrate the recent escalation of prices and the endless investment potential.

Would've been fascinating, and even cooler to see Mr. Wonderful tear into Brent's "vision".... "I like the Vault idea, but tell me how you arrived at these Tenets". And where are all these recently graded MINT cards coming from? And how many more are there? :confused:

Too bad they are now more likely to be cast in a starring role of American Greed.

Peter_Spaeth 08-08-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1906657)
That would've been a GREAT episode. It will never happen now, but I bet with Brentsy's charm, good looks, communication skills and flair for hyperbole, they might have swayed a Shark or two. Can't you envision them proudly standing in front of the Sharks in their spiffy black polo shirts and PWCC logos? Utilizing flip-charts to demonstrate the recent escalation of prices and the endless investment potential.

Would've been fascinating, and even cooler to see Mr. Wonderful tear into Brent's "vision".... "I like the Vault idea, but tell me how you arrived at these Tenets". And where are all these recently graded MINT cards coming from? And how many more are there? :confused:

Too bad they are now more likely to be cast in a starring role of American Greed.

Not a chance any of those guys or gals would have been fooled IMO. These are serious people with strong business acumen and skeptics by nature if someone is looking for their money.

ruth-gehrig 09-19-2019 12:07 PM

Just received an email from PWCC...

"....Vault ingestion fees are waived for purchases from a PWCC Auction so the only fee for this service is the fee for the first year of storage, equal to 0.5% of the market value of the assets."

I would never consider any vault that's going to INGEST my collection but that's just me. To me ingestion means something absorbed that doesnt come out looking the same:eek:

Peter_Spaeth 09-19-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruth-gehrig (Post 1917972)
Just received an email from PWCC...

"....Vault ingestion fees are waived for purchases from a PWCC Auction so the only fee for this service is the fee for the first year of storage, equal to 0.5% of the market value of the assets."

I would never consider any vault that's going to INGEST my collection but that's just me. To me ingestion means something absorbed that doesnt come out looking the same:eek:

Sounds like Jonah and the Whale.

ruth-gehrig 09-19-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1917974)
Sounds like Jonah and the Whale.

Right! And if you're lucky you can get PWCC to vomit your goods up on command

Peter_Spaeth 09-19-2019 12:40 PM

I am a bit surprised that in this environment they are out there encouraging people to avoid sales tax, but that's just me.

ruth-gehrig 09-19-2019 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ive never once purchased anything from PWCC Marketplace so they are confused there

No shame in their game

Peter_Spaeth 09-19-2019 03:52 PM

Nobody would ship to the Vault to avoid sales tax, now would they? And it's not being marketed to encourage that, is it? It must be the cynic in me reading it that way.

ullmandds 09-19-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1918016)
Nobody would ship to the Vault to avoid sales tax, now would they? And it's not being marketed to encourage that, is it? It must be the cynic in me reading it that way.

Are you insinuating that you have your pwcc purchases stored in their vault and when it comes time to sell...lookie here....while your cards were being stored PWCC decided that your cards were worthy of a bump and they had their doctors work them over...resubmit them and now they're worth even more...for everyone?!?!

drcy 09-19-2019 05:36 PM

I usually quit reading when someone uses words like "Vault ingestion."

Peter_Spaeth 09-19-2019 05:49 PM

He means something like "accession," presumably.

frankbmd 09-19-2019 06:16 PM

As a former 220 pound gymnast, I can only comment on vault indigestion, which can be associated with projectile regurgitation.

BigBeerGut 09-20-2019 09:50 AM

Will someone please find and post a picture of Brents house? That would be fun2c

MD

Aquarian Sports Cards 09-20-2019 10:10 AM

There's a lovely article about his home in an Oregon lifestyle magazine. Shouldn't be hard to find.