Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Card Flippers List on NET54 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=242398)

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-16-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1681375)
On a side note, when I run my .99 cent auctions, around 85% of the winners, are, YOU GUESSED IT, flippers!! I see my auction cards usually up for sale the following week for more money than the auction went for, sometimes substantially more. Do I like it? Of course not - it usually means I lost my ass on a card if a flipper won it. With Ebay though, the UNDERBIDDER determines the final price, not the winning bidder. Without those card flippers, my cheap cards would sell even cheaper!! Not knocking those non-flippers, but those guys are usually cheap (expletive) who want a card for next to nothing, to hell with the "value". More food for thought for this comical thread.

what's your ebay ID??? :)

bobbyw8469 07-16-2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1681645)
what's your ebay ID??? :)

I have a link on this forum in the Ebay section.

sox1903wschamp 07-16-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the-illini (Post 1681628)

Also, if they pay my price, I don't care what they do with the card. if they do the legwork to find a buyer who will pay a higher price than I ask, more power to them.

Like Jay, totally agree with Chris.

1952boyntoncollector 07-16-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quinnsryche (Post 1681155)
If someone buys a card for a set price, isn't it their's to do with what they please? I don't understand the OP's complaint. Sour grapes because you didn't get what you wanted? Not trying to start a fight but that's a ridiculous complaint. Are we all supposed to declare our intentions on every purchase from now on? Someone got something at a good price and is trying to make a profit. This is still The United States of America last I checked.

What about sellers who say they need to sell the card to pay for medication yet its listed week after week. I never cared anyones reasons

swarmee 07-17-2017 03:58 AM

I am a flipper.

Snapolit1 07-17-2017 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1681701)
I am a flipper.

I have sold a lot of cards and not one of them I bought planning to sell. But things change over time, interests go in other directions. Sometimes you just see something else you want more and want to lock in some appreciation in something else. All good. No big deal. That's what makes the hobby interesting.

I am constantly irked by some dude who buys pictures from RMY and immediately lists them for outrageous markups. But what can you do. If I wanted it that bad I should have won at RMY.

Michael Peich 07-17-2017 06:57 AM

Chris-I could not agree more with your statement. Now let's hope that lots of buyers flock to our table at the National and buy cards from you, Tim and me.
They can then flip away with abandon!

Cheers, Mike