Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Keep A Close Eye On Your eBay Invoices (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=246016)

Buythatcard 10-11-2017 06:11 AM

Keep A Close Eye On Your eBay Invoices

I have been selling on eBay for over 14 years and I always took for granted that the eBay invoices I received each month were correct. So, I rarely ever looked at them until last week.
Last month, I had a buyer who decided to hike up the prices on several of my items. He used 3 different user ids to do this. Of course, he didn't pay. So, I contacted eBay and they cancelled all the transactions that he won. They also said that I would be refunded all final value fees which came to almost $400.
So, when I received my invoice last month it was a lot higher than I expected. I decided to check it out to see why it was so high. It turns out that eBay never refunded the fees for the cancelled items. Instead I was charged as though I sold the items.
Had to call them and after about 45 minutes on the phone, they corrected their mistake.
If I did not catch that error, I would have been out almost $400. This really bothers me because how do I know how many other times I was charged for something that I should not have been charged for.
My suggestion is to check your invoice from time to time.

JollyElm 10-11-2017 03:53 PM

I'm not an ebay seller, so can you explain what you mean by the buyer hiking up the price?

justrun7 10-11-2017 06:04 PM

The invoice for your month may had been sent before the fees were canceled. If that happens, it will be applied to the following month. If you sell a lot, its not terrible since you get refunded, just not as quickly. Check this month and see if the credit is applied there.

Buythatcard 10-11-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justrun7 (Post 1709522)
The invoice for your month may had been sent before the fees were canceled. If that happens, it will be applied to the following month. If you sell a lot, its not terrible since you get refunded, just not as quickly. Check this month and see if the credit is applied there.

It was not going to be applied to the next month. When I called eBay, they said that the items were cancelled and the fees were not refunded for some unknown reason. I was told that if I didn't call, it would never have been refunded to me.

Buythatcard 10-11-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 1709486)
I'm not an ebay seller, so can you explain what you mean by the buyer hiking up the price?

The buyer was placing very high bids on multiple items to guarantee that he won even though he had no intention to pay. The prices were way higher than the cards were worth. He used multiple accounts to bid against each other also.

JollyElm 10-11-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buythatcard (Post 1709534)
The buyer was placing very high bids on multiple items to guarantee that he won even though he had no intention to pay. The prices were way higher than the cards were worth. He used multiple accounts to bid against each other also.

Gotcha. Thank you.