Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Barnes & Noble Black Friday Specials (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=231321)

slidekellyslide 11-17-2016 03:22 PM

Barnes & Noble Black Friday Specials

Not as good as last year IMO. I will however try to obtain

Brian Wilson
Amy Schumer
Nick Offerman
SE Hinton
Tony Bennett

The only sports this year are Joe Buck, Alex Morgan, Abby Wambach and Tim Tebow. Not interested in getting any of those.

Sivart31 11-17-2016 03:43 PM

How does it work? They distribute a few of each signed title to every store and when they sell out, they sell out?

redalpha7 11-18-2016 03:05 AM

Barnes and Nobles

A couple of the books are currently available on-line at Barnes and Nobles

slidekellyslide 11-18-2016 01:15 PM

Last year the only one I could not find at either of my local B&N was the SE Hinton. All others were available in quantity and that was the day after Black Friday.

Sivart31 11-18-2016 01:58 PM

Got it - so it's not worth waking up at dawn to get there on Friday. My wife is a former college soccer player so I was thinking of the Wambach/Lloyd/Morgan books.

slidekellyslide 11-18-2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sivart31 (Post 1603208)
Got it - so it's not worth waking up at dawn to get there on Friday. My wife is a former college soccer player so I was thinking of the Wambach/Lloyd/Morgan books.

I don't know for sure. It could be that people in Lincoln, Nebraska don't really care. It could be that the first two years they were doing this was not well publicized.

yanks12025 11-25-2016 12:09 PM

Did you get your books? I went 30 minutes after opening and I think they sold 5 books total.. I picked up a Tebow one.

redalpha7 11-25-2016 01:25 PM

I was at the Barnes and Nobles store at 8 AM

I got the Tebow and Mike Love book

There were no Brian Wilson books. He was my first choice

I beat the rush of the young girls buying the soccer books

Sivart31 11-25-2016 02:23 PM

Funny thing about the Wilson book...I asked about it assuming they had sold out. Apparently he stamped them all so B and N had to pull them at the last minute.

redalpha7 11-25-2016 06:32 PM

Thank you for the update on the Wilson book. I guess this good news that BN is keeping an eye on the authors/signers.

slidekellyslide 11-26-2016 08:24 AM

I went last night right before they closed and still got all the ones I was looking for. They too told me that all Brian Wilson books had to be pulled. I see some of them made their way to ebay though. I also picked up Carol Burnett, I didn't even see her on the pre-sale list so was pleasantly surprised.

thetruthisoutthere 11-26-2016 04:26 PM

Thank you, Dan.

I picked up a Tony Bennett.

JustinD 11-27-2016 05:28 PM

Been picking these up for a few years now. I agree, this year was not as good as last. However, they do have more per store and better organized. In the past depending on the store it could be a real needle in a haystack search for the signed copies.

I was able to get all the books my wife asked for and sadly only 1 of the three I wanted. The Brian Wilson shananigans were a bummer and I was unable to find Carol Burnett. I was able to get a copy of the Tippi Hedren memoir and was pleased at the great signature.

I would encourage people to search for signed books on the B&N site as they have them regularly. I ordered the Offerman book signed several weeks ago easily.

Also check the Books-a-million and Quail Ridge Books sites as well. Both sell signed copies at publisher prices and often cheaper. I was able to get the signed Outsiders that escaped me last year and also a signed Burke Breathed copy of Bill the Cat at a 15 discount off list at Books-a-million.