Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stolen T 206s (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=260492)

JE 09-30-2018 11:17 AM

Stolen T 206s

2 Attachment(s)
My First post here. On a recent trip up the Cali coast where I ended in San Fran I had my car broken into on the way to the airport. Smashed glass of my rental and took some bags in middle of day at a boardwalk on beach. My carry on bag was stolen and in it were two T 206 cards I had just bought in LA a few days earlier. One was a Walter Johnson and the other a Cy Young. If you see these cards appear anywhere please let me know. They are in PSA Slabs. Pics attached.

Thanks!

Jason Stein

823dek 09-30-2018 11:43 AM

nice cards and horrible loss

IMHO..check that local area baseball card dealers this person was probably a hood

wilkiebaby11 10-01-2018 05:53 AM

Local pawn/card shops or eBay. I bet these turn up pretty quickly in one of those places since the chacnes are the guy has no clue what they are or worth.

I'd hate to ask the obvious, but you did file a police report correct? And give them the details of these cards? Only ask so that they can definitively catch the guy when they do reappear.

swarmee 10-01-2018 05:24 PM

Have you added the Cert numbers to your PSA set registry? If the thief tries to sell them in the holders, and the new owner tries to add them, it will notify them they're owned by someone else. If he tries to force it, you will be notified that someone is trying to add them to their registry or inventory.
Inform PSA that the cards are stolen as well, and send them a copy of the police report, so that if someone tries to register them, they can follow up with the local police.

Can you also show the backs? Maybe there is a distinguishing feature that can be used to identify the cards in case they're cracked out.

JE 10-01-2018 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilkiebaby11 (Post 1816632)
Local pawn/card shops or eBay. I bet these turn up pretty quickly in one of those places since the chacnes are the guy has no clue what they are or worth.

I'd hate to ask the obvious, but you did file a police report correct? And give them the details of these cards? Only ask so that they can definitively catch the guy when they do reappear.

Yes def did police report etc. Luckily I am insured but I don't like the idea of someone running around with my cards! Wish I had known that 30,000 cars a year get broken into in San Fran.

JE 10-01-2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1816800)
Have you added the Cert numbers to your PSA set registry? If the thief tries to sell them in the holders, and the new owner tries to add them, it will notify them they're owned by someone else. If he tries to force it, you will be notified that someone is trying to add them to their registry or inventory.
Inform PSA that the cards are stolen as well, and send them a copy of the police report, so that if someone tries to register them, they can follow up with the local police.

Can you also show the backs? Maybe there is a distinguishing feature that can be used to identify the cards in case they're cracked out.

I will do that with PSA thanks for the advise. I tried to register them but wssnt sure I did it right? I could only find a build your collection section, but ill look again. Great idea on the backs unfort I don't think I have pics.

swarmee 10-01-2018 08:26 PM

Send me a PM with your phone number and I'll call you tomorrow afternoon and walk you through the process.

ALBB 10-02-2018 07:46 AM

stolen

awful news

what type of insurance do you have that would cover that ?

jimm 10-02-2018 10:54 AM

Never leave stuff in plain site in SF anymore.... sad

rdwyer 10-04-2018 08:52 PM

I just got back from Frisco. Been there since Sunday. Was told immediately to empty the car, that property thefts were on the rise big time. I went to Lefty's in Burlingame, but didn't see your cards there.

Paul S 10-05-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimm (Post 1816918)
Never leave stuff in plain site in SF anymore.... sad

Very sorry about the cards.

Anymore? Had my in-dash radio/cassette player "removed" when I lived there in the mid Seventies :(

Jobu 10-05-2018 10:04 AM

https://collectinsure.com/

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALBB (Post 1816886)
awful news

Leon 10-07-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul S (Post 1817520)
Very sorry about the cards.

Anymore? Had my in-dash radio/cassette player "removed" when I lived there in the mid Seventies :(

At least it wasn't your quad 8 track!!

To the OP, sorry this happened and hope there can be a good outcome.

JE 10-07-2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdwyer (Post 1817446)
I just got back from Frisco. Been there since Sunday. Was told immediately to empty the car, that property thefts were on the rise big time. I went to Lefty's in Burlingame, but didn't see your cards there.

Thanks for checking. I think I called leftys and asked them. 30,000 break ins a year there it's nuts!

JE 10-07-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALBB (Post 1816886)
awful news

Home owners and I have a special collectible policy.

rdwyer 10-07-2018 05:06 PM

When I flew from Long Beach to San Francisco last week, a Detective told me about the property crimes that were going on in the tourist areas. (He was flying on the same plane). He's the one who told me not to leave anything in the car. Apparently they have a HUGE problem with this. Lefty's was the only shop I could find. They have about 10 T205 and T206's in stock. Slim pickings.

1952boyntoncollector 10-09-2018 10:04 AM

I actually had some reprint 1952 Topps that were stolen from me from the car.....the joke will be on them..

Reminds me of back in the day when peoples car phones used to be stolen and having a car phone was such a big deal, people had fake car phones in their car...and sometimes their cars were broken in to get to those car phones, until the crook realized they were fake..but windows were broken for that so the harm was already done

People used to put on their car window...'no cell phone'

guess i should of put 'baseball cards are reprints'

T206Collector 10-09-2018 02:44 PM

I had my car broken into in 1991. They smashed a side window to get my walkman, which had a Third Base tape in it! Prime Minister Pete Nice!! Aka Peter Nash aka Hauls of Shame!!

JollyElm 10-09-2018 02:53 PM

When I'm walking in San Francisco, I duct tape graded cards to the bottom of my shoes to protect me from all the syringes strewn about.

bnorth 10-09-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 1818503)
When I'm walking in San Francisco, I duct tape graded cards to the bottom of my shoes to protect me from all the syringes strewn about.

So there is a reason to get card slabbed by Beckett.:D:rolleyes:

Bocabirdman 10-09-2018 05:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1818536)
So there is a reason to get card slabbed by Beckett.:D:rolleyes:

I guess that's the way to do it....I tried using raw.....:D

Attachment 330829

Attachment 330830