Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wondering about the B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=89055)

Archive 03-14-2008 05:36 PM

Wondering about the B/S/T

Posted By: <b>Rob D.</b><p>First off, this isn't meant as a criticism to any seller or the B/S/T board in general. I truly am not sure of the answer.<br /><br />Even since I've been paying attention to the B/S/T, I've noticed that the standard practice in most cases after an item is sold is for the seller to edit his original post and remove the asking price. Why is that?<br /><br />I understand adding a "Sold" qualifier, but why remove the price? I think there's a lot that can be learned from the B/S/T, assuming I've seen what a card was listed for. In those cases when I miss the original listing but see the "Sold" sign, I often wish I knew what the asking price was. Even taking into consideration that often the sale price isn't the same as the selling price, I think it's still useful info.<br /><br />Thoughts?

Archive 03-14-2008 05:49 PM

Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p> if you erase the price when the card(s)is sold no one can up the offer or ridicule the price.(board no no) sold is sold

Archive 03-14-2008 06:14 PM

Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>Rob,<br /><br />I always remove the price.<br /><br /><br />I do this out of respect for the buyer's privacy. I don't know a buyer's intention with the card after I sell it (he may want to flip it)-<br /><br />I consider the ask price or the final price to be up to the buyer to disclose. <br /><br /><br />Joe

Archive 03-14-2008 07:02 PM

Posted By: <b>Eric B</b><p>Go back a couple years and you will see jerks comment "$500...I would have gone to $1,500 had I seen it" or conversely, "$500....I just bought a better graded example for $200".<br /><br />As my kids say..."don't Yuck someone's Yum."

Archive 03-15-2008 06:00 AM

Posted By: <b>John S</b><p>I leave the price posted unless the buyer specifically asks to have it removed.

Archive 03-15-2008 07:13 AM

Posted By: <b>Jim Dale</b><p>It would be great if sales were some how recorded so we could see a price history outside of ebays

Archive 03-15-2008 10:01 AM

Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>The only problem with leaving the price up is it may not reflect the actual sale.<br /><br />Suppose a seller lists a card for $500 and then sells it but doesn't remove the price. And let's say he negotiated with the buyer and actually sold the card for $425. How would that be reflected in the BST post? You wouldn't expect the seller to type in the actual selling price once the transaction is completed.

Archive 03-15-2008 12:46 PM

Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>Barry is correct. A lot of sales are likely negotiated via email in response to a posting.<br /><br />Personally, I wouldn't leave up a sales price. Neither as a seller or a buyer am I interested in others knowing what was paid. I don't desire my name and expenditures/sales to be recorded for public service. I know of others who don't want telegraphed what they paid for items.<br /><br />If someone with a notebook keeps track, the postings are of course fair game and posted on a pubic forum.