Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   T206 Hindus last Night on the Bay (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=249248)

Jersey City Giants 12-24-2017 08:32 AM

T206 Hindus last Night on the Bay

Wow was I outbid on almost every one! Great cards and better back story (same guy as the SLers the week before, got them all at a flea market in a box and paid more to slab them then he did for the cards).

Who got what?

I nabbed the Dougherty 4.5 (picked up two SLers the week before from him as well).

GregMitch34 12-24-2017 09:45 AM

I presume cards are real but seemed odd that they were all so well-centered, from a box at flea market, what are odds for t206s?

Bradyhill 12-24-2017 12:31 PM

I won 6 of them including 5 of the 5’s :-)

Jason 12-24-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey City Giants (Post 1732413)
Wow was I outbid on almost every one! Great cards and better back story (same guy as the SLers the week before, got them all at a flea market in a box and paid more to slab them then he did for the cards).

Who got what?

I nabbed the Dougherty 4.5 (picked up two SLers the week before from him as well).

Is there a link or article discussing the seller finding these cards somewhere?

MVSNYC 12-24-2017 12:57 PM

Great pick ups, Brady. They’re fantastic examples.

RedsFan1941 12-24-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregMitch34 (Post 1732437)
I presume cards are real but seemed odd that they were all so well-centered, from a box at flea market, what are odds for t206s?

more important, how will this impact the market for T206 Hindus?

MVSNYC 12-24-2017 01:33 PM

Ronnie, it was 10 nice examples...not 100. If anything, shows how strong the market is for nice Hindus.

CMIZ5290 12-24-2017 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey City Giants (Post 1732413)

Who got what?

I dont get it at all for these prices. I have sold several Hindus for prices substantially less than these comparably. Hindu is a tough back, but not that tough....

Jersey City Giants 12-24-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 1732491)
Is there a link or article discussing the seller finding these cards somewhere?

Jason - no link i just spoke to him via phone when i won two of his Southern leaguers. He told me the story how he bought them all at a flea market in a box. Said he paid way more to grade them than the cards themselves. All the cards that i have seen graded 3-6. Hindus are very tough in nice grades. I own 2 now in my Set ( the other being an Evers).

Jersey City Giants 12-24-2017 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradyhill (Post 1732490)

Nice !

Leon 12-29-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradyhill (Post 1732490)

Nice haul.

Here are all of the Hindu's sold on ebay in the last few months, including some reprints and fantasy cards...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...&LH_Complete=1

Jason 01-07-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey City Giants (Post 1732570)
Jason - no link i just spoke to him via phone when i won two of his Southern leaguers. He told me the story how he bought them all at a flea market in a box. Said he paid way more to grade them than the cards themselves. All the cards that i have seen graded 3-6. Hindus are very tough in nice grades. I own 2 now in my Set ( the other being an Evers).

Thank you for the information Jason. Great story and find and I can say the cards are legit!

I won a couple of the OM SL'ers last night. Since the seller and I are both in Richmond I asked to have local pickup for them. He obliged and we met this am and had a great conversation in 3 degree weather:D He told me the story and a few others of great interest to me. Even Richmonds own Ron Pomfrey came up in the talks. He is a local legend to me and a avid Richmond/VA League fan/collector in case anyone hasnt heard of him. Today was a day that makes your passion for the hobby grow stronger. Good stuff!