Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Babe ruth on ebay (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=227011)

EvilKing00 08-16-2016 07:01 PM

Babe ruth on ebay

So theres a churchman babe ruth on ebay. Graded sgc 60 with a BIN of $1150.

Now im not going to say its not worth the price but.... The seller should at least peal off the sticker that says $350 on the slab.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/112076123759?_mwBanner=1

CrackaJackKid 08-16-2016 07:27 PM

Seller

Yeah that "Toppsaholic" guy..he's a real unit!

pokerplyr80 08-16-2016 09:18 PM

So, how many cards do I get with my purchase?

Leon 08-17-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilKing00 (Post 1573032)

Now im not going to say its not worth the price but.... The seller should at least peal off the sticker that says $350 on the slab.

That is kind of funny....

bnorth 08-17-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winston7715 (Post 1573046)

I heard he has a nice Green Cobb for sale.

RealToppsaholic 08-18-2016 05:50 PM

greetings

Quote:

hello evil king ! or should I say JKF ?

nice to find you here; guys FYI this user writes us a rude message on ebay about this churchman ruth having NO IDEA what other reason it could be listed that way. then when we ask for him to follow-up he is nowhere to be found/doesn't respond.
#1 you have waaaayyy too much time on your hands -- you write to us plus post it here?
#2 you are clueless as to what the purpose of that listing is which amuses us.
in fact the top 3 reasons it is posted that way couldn't even enter your brain
#3 you run for cover when called out which is even more funny
#4 I'm sure I will think of more

so I found you here. anything else you want to say ?

try posting pictures of all the fake T206's that ebay is allowing to be sold under the 'reprint' cat ? you could do that full time perhaps?

who is next?
see yall in Chicago missed u in ac

RealToppsaholic 08-18-2016 05:52 PM

winston!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winston7715 (Post 1573046)

hello to the Oklahoma kid !

--cooperstown

RealToppsaholic 08-18-2016 05:54 PM

ben

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1573286)
I heard he has a nice Green Cobb for sale.

ben if youre lucky I will share the real green cobb source/info AFTER I am made whole.
youd be horrified if you knew AND youd say sorry to me.

see u in Chicago for sure I come in peace

who is next?

EvilKing00 08-18-2016 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealToppsaholic (Post 1573976)
hello evil king ! or should I say JKF ?

nice to find you here; guys FYI this user writes us a rude message on ebay about this churchman ruth having NO IDEA what other reason it could be listed that way. then when we ask for him to follow-up he is nowhere to be found/doesn't respond.
#1 you have waaaayyy too much time on your hands -- you write to us plus post it here?
#2 you are clueless as to what the purpose of that listing is which amuses us.
in fact the top 3 reasons it is posted that way couldn't even enter your brain
#3 you run for cover when called out which is even more funny
#4 I'm sure I will think of more

so I found you here. anything else you want to say ?

try posting pictures of all the fake T206's that ebay is allowing to be sold under the 'reprint' cat ? you could do that full time perhaps?

who is next?
see yall in Chicago missed u in ac

Lol, jkf? U r accusing me, a guy u dont know of being someone else? I Never wrote u on ebay- my user name is thetrueking on ebay. U can see that on my profile page. Do u even have a clue what your talking about?

Lol t206??? Rofl i dont like t206's never bought, sold or ever owned one. Jesh people here, as well as my many posts can show that.

Came across your listing as i collect ruth as well as t205s as my sig says. Thought it was funny so i posted it. Dont really care about it. Seems u do though

Rookiemonster 08-18-2016 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1573100)
So, how many cards do I get with my purchase?

I'm still waiting for the answer to this . Can we focuse more in this ?

Beastmode 08-18-2016 08:34 PM

This is exactly why I don't look at BINS and a great example of the crap clogging up e-bay.

Sold for $160 a year and a half ago. Now wants $1,150. 10X increase in value, wow!

Clearly trolling for a hapless millionaire or a clueless newbie.

RealToppsaholic 08-19-2016 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilKing00 (Post 1574024)
Lol, jkf? U r accusing me, a guy u dont know of being someone else? I Never wrote u on ebay- my user name is thetrueking on ebay. U can see that on my profile page. Do u even have a clue what your talking about?

Lol t206??? Rofl i dont like t206's never bought, sold or ever owned one. Jesh people here, as well as my many posts can show that.

Came across your listing as i collect ruth as well as t205s as my sig says. Thought it was funny so i posted it. Dont really care about it. Seems u do though

ok so I was wrong. TWO different people on the SAME night wrote to me on the same item that has been there for months.

I was wrong. what must have happened is you posted that info here and then SOME OTHER EBAY COP decided to see it for themselves so they found it and THEY were the one who wrote to me. sorry for assuming it was you even though it was you, indirectly. sorry godspeed

jfkheat 08-20-2016 08:38 AM

It was me that sent you the message through eBay. Maybe I could have worded it a little better but I did not think it was rude. I also did not think you would start harassing me through eBay. The first message below is what I sent to Matthew. The next 5 are responses he sent me.
James Kinchen

Edit to add: I have no reason or desire to talk to you on the phone.

1. You may want to remove the $350 sticker from the card before listing it for $1150 on eBay.

2. did it occur to you that is by design ? I love the random wise remarks strangers send while hiding behind keyboard

3. do u have so much time you need to be on net54 posting nonsense?

so I guess I need to make an account and go on there to set you straight in front of all your friends

there ar over 4 reasons this card is listed this way and you cant think of any of them

SOME THINGS ARENT POSTED ON EBAY TO HELP THEM SELL-- THERE ARE
OTHER MOTIVATIONS

plus you cant even afford the card; stop dreaming

are you available to speak via phone today ? I BET YOU $5 YOU ARE LACKING THE SPINE TO BE WILLING TO SPEAK TO US TODAY

ALISON & MATTHEW

4. jfk what time are you available ? we come in peace this is a friendship gesture ...please confirm your availability anytime Wednesday thanks Alison

5. where'd you go JFK ? u have time to type but not to speak? .... back surgery ? to fix your spine

6. where ru JFK ?? talk to me chief

bnorth 08-20-2016 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfkheat (Post 1574563)
It was me that sent you the message through eBay. Maybe I could have worded it a little better but I did not think it was rude. I also did not think you would start harassing me through eBay. The first message below is what I sent to Matthew. The next 5 are responses he sent me.
James Kinchen

1. You may want to remove the $350 sticker from the card before listing it for $1150 on eBay.

2. did it occur to you that is by design ? I love the random wise remarks strangers send while hiding behind keyboard

so I guess I need to make an account and go on there to set you straight in front of all your friends

there ar over 4 reasons this card is listed this way and you cant think of any of them

OTHER MOTIVATIONS

are you available to speak via phone today ? I BET YOU $5 YOU ARE LACKING THE SPINE TO BE WILLING TO SPEAK TO US TODAY

ALISON & MATTHEW

4. jfk what time are you available ? we come in peace this is a friendship gesture ...please confirm your availability anytime Wednesday thanks Alison

5. where'd you go JFK ? u have time to type but not to speak? .... back surgery ? to fix your spine

LOL that is funny. At least I am not the only one Matt and Allison are sending childish PMs to. I also don't get the call them BS either, why the hell would anybody want to talk to people like that.

RealToppsaholic 08-20-2016 10:52 AM

exactly

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1574586)
LOL that is funny. At least I am not the only one Matt and Allison are sending childish PMs to. I also don't get the call them BS either, why the hell would anybody want to talk to people like that.

you guys have waaaaay too much time on your hands and I highly doubt you ever surface in real life

has anyone here actually MET JFK or BEN ? did they go to atlantic city ?
I doubt it

RealToppsaholic 08-20-2016 10:55 AM

jfk

JFK sees another guys post on the silly ruth pricetag and after seeing it he promptly goes to ebay to message us

so to be clear; a different guy sees the ruth and posts it here ... so JFK feels the need to run to ebay to message us. yet we are not to view it as rude?

then, in true spineless fashion he is not available anymore. drops one poopie message and then runs back here to tell all his 'friends' (most don't exist/ he has never met) -- pasting our messages? (and editing them)

so you have time to drop a rude message, blog here on it - but you wont call to SPEAK like a man and speak your piece?
typical -- now run and blog about it !!

Quote:

James Kinchen

OTHER MOTIVATIONS

ALISON & MATTHEW

RealToppsaholic 08-20-2016 10:58 AM

$5

and you owe us $5 bucks ... you douche. (a name-call choice which is allowed here just don't do it in caps) ....

Quote:

James Kinchen

OTHER MOTIVATIONS

ALISON & MATTHEW

MikeGarcia 08-20-2016 12:33 PM

Hmmmm....

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealToppsaholic (Post 1574612)
you guys have waaaaay too much time on your hands and I highly doubt you ever surface in real life

has anyone here actually MET JFK or BEN ? did they go to atlantic city ?
I doubt it

...you know , now that you mention it , no one here has ever seen them both in the same room at the same time......

...and if we can get this thread all the way up to nine pages , I'll be forced to post a picture of a pre-war baseball card , as per the rules..

bnorth 08-20-2016 12:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeGarcia (Post 1574668)
...you know , now that you mention it , no one here has ever seen them both in the same room at the same time......

...and if we can get this thread all the way up to nine pages , I'll be forced to post a picture of a pre-war baseball card , as per the rules..

No one has ever seen me because I used a fake name and location when I signed up. My name is really Sam Wiph and I live in Florida. I work at CC part time.;)

Also the 100+ times I have bought items on here is also fake. I have several STEALTH accounts and buy and sell to/from myself.:rolleyes:

Not a baseball card but to keep it kind of on track I recently bought this signed Roger Clemens shirt. It is a 2X so I can wear it.:)

Paul S 08-20-2016 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1574677)
No one has ever seen me because I used a fake name and location when I signed up. My name is really Sam Wiph and I live in Florida. I work at CC part time.;)

Also the 100+ times I have bought items on here is also fake. I have several STEALTH accounts and buy and sell to/from myself.:rolleyes:

Not a baseball card but to keep it kind of on track I recently bought this signed Roger Clemens shirt. It is a 2X so I can wear it.:)

Ben, I can see your torso - what happened to the rest of ya?!:eek:

bnorth 08-20-2016 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul S (Post 1574729)
Ben, I can see your torso - what happened to the rest of ya?!:eek:

I am incognito.:)

RealToppsaholic 08-20-2016 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1574733)
I am incognito.:)

Richie ?

you should feel special Ben -- you got an exclusive invite its true

EvilKing00 12-14-2016 07:02 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BABE-RUTH-BA...AAAOSwA4dWJulN

Remember this thread from 4 months ago?

bnorth 12-14-2016 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilKing00 (Post 1610388)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BABE-RUTH-BA...AAAOSwA4dWJulN

Remember this thread from 4 months ago?

There have been several threads on here about these scammers. I find it funny how many people that regularly read this forum stick up for them.:confused: The overpriced thread Leon started recently is about them also.

sandmountainslim 12-14-2016 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrackaJackKid (Post 1573046)

I made him a reasonable offer on a Rube Marquard T206 he had for sale and he took it so maybe his prices are negotiable? He was ok by me.

bnorth 12-14-2016 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandmountainslim (Post 1610572)
I made him a reasonable offer on a Rube Marquard T206 he had for sale and he took it so maybe his prices are negotiable? He was ok by me.

LOL you are lucky he accepted it instead of sending you harassing emails like he has others.

sandmountainslim 12-14-2016 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1610578)
LOL you are lucky he accepted it instead of sending you harassing emails like he has others.

Marking that one down as luck then!

Leon 12-15-2016 08:54 AM

He is at least below sticker price now!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BABE-RUTH-BA...3D112198073655

Quote:

EvilKing00 12-15-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1610705)
He is at least below sticker price now!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BABE-RUTH-BA...3D112198073655

lmao

Snapolit1 12-15-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilKing00 (Post 1610716)
lmao

I always wonder how people expect to sell a card on eBay when there are a half dozen better graded and better looking cards listed for less money. I guess it happens. "No, I don''t' want the much better looking PSA 6. . . I'll take the 4 for $95 more."

ramram 12-15-2016 10:20 AM

Very strange methods of marketing on ebay but, to each his own if it works for them. What baffles me though is how a seller could come on to the largest sports card web forum in the country and come across as a turd to the forum members. I don't think anybody's Marketing 101 endorses that philosophy.

Rob M