Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Old Judge Checklist (Excel) (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=116745)

cozmokramer 10-11-2009 04:37 PM

Old Judge Checklist (Excel)

Does anyone have any type of N172 Old Judge checklist...

Something in excel format with all poses etc...

BobbyVCP 10-11-2009 05:44 PM

It's out there and in very few hands it took me a few years to get mine and I had to promise not to give it to anyone else. I have been slowly updating it on VCP and is about 50% done.

rhettyeakley 10-11-2009 07:31 PM

Bobby, you had to promise not to give it to anyone else, yet you are adding it to your website? Seems like that would be worse than giving it to a few friends--just one guys opinion.
-Rhett

egbeachley 10-11-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhettyeakley (Post 755204)
Bobby, you had to promise not to give it to anyone else, yet you are adding it to your website? Seems like that would be worse than giving it to a few friends--just one guys opinion.
-Rhett

I thought the same thing. But I think he means that he is updating VCP as they are sold in auctions, using the checklist as a guide to avoid errors.

Example would be John Smith, pitching pose he could correctly call John Smith pitching pose facing left if he knew there were 2 similar types.

E93 10-11-2009 08:19 PM

Though a few unknown cards have surfaced since the Old Judge book, a more-or-less complete checklist is in that book. I am sure the authors would be happy to share the info about recent discoveries.
JimB

BobbyVCP 10-11-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egbeachley (Post 755208)
I thought the same thing. But I think he means that he is updating VCP as they are sold in auctions, using the checklist as a guide to avoid errors.

Example would be John Smith, pitching pose he could correctly call John Smith pitching pose facing left if he knew there were 2 similar types.

That is exactly what I have been doing. Adding the pose as they become available in auction.

Joe_G. 10-11-2009 08:54 PM

The Excel spreadsheet you are working with must date to when we began working on the book. The book itself has hundreds of updates and would be your best source for pose descriptions and understanding team possibilities for each pose. Not that it really matters, but who sent you a copy of the spreadsheet?

BobbyVCP 10-11-2009 09:14 PM

Joe,

If you can give me an updated list I will gladly post it on the site. Maybe we can work something out and add a link to your book and being a sponsor of the set on the site.

oldjudge 10-12-2009 06:16 AM

Jay

Just a general note--all material in the book is copyrighted. Nothing can be reproduced without permission of all three authors.

BobbyVCP 10-12-2009 10:01 AM

Jay,

I do not own the book and have not even seen it yet so have no idea what is in it.

barrysloate 10-12-2009 10:07 AM

Bobby- it's the best volume ever produced of a vintage baseball card set. It's a must have book...I even have a signed copy.:)

Joe_G. 10-12-2009 05:20 PM

Bobby, Eric, and others,

To re-iterate what Jay shared this morning and expand on it, the book is not only copyrighted but our inclusion of the checklist itself was only possible after gaining permission from the British Cartophilic Society.

As previously stated, the book is your best source for pose and team information. The information of interest to 99% of the collectors is all there. If you have a specific question about a team, year, etc., I can likely help you out.

insidethewrapper 10-13-2009 09:02 PM

Joe and Jay : Is there a site or can you list or update any additions since the publication of the book ? I have the book and was only interested in any updates and if there were any errors in the final publication. Thanks Mike

oldjudge 10-14-2009 06:06 AM

Mike--We have talked about doing some sort of periodic update, like in the old days a yearbook to an encyclopedia, but we have not overcome inertia yet.