Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Thanksgiving what did you eat (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=343057)

bnorth 11-23-2023 06:37 PM

Thanksgiving what did you eat

1 Attachment(s)
The wife and I had ribeyes on the grill. Threw them on frozen with some wasabi smeared on one side. They turned out great.:)

Eric72 11-23-2023 06:55 PM

Turkey, stuffing, biscuits, etc. Classic Thanksgiving meal, right down to the apple pie for dessert. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Michael B 11-23-2023 08:49 PM

Turkey breast, steamed asparagus with hollandaise sauce, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cornbread rolls, blueberry pie with gelato. I dry brine my turkey - kosher salt, black pepper, turmeric, parsley flakes, sage, thyme, rosemary. Pull back the skin and rub it all over. Put the skin back in place held by toothpicks. Put in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for minimum of 8 hours. When ready to cook, rinse it off, dry with napkins and let is sit for ½ hour. I cook it in a brownie pan with the breast side up so the fat goes back into the meat. I use a skewer to hold it that way since it will not sit up that way on its own.

todeen 11-23-2023 09:07 PM

appetizers: charcuterie board, sausage stuffed mushrooms, veggie platter

dinner: Turkey (one with oyster stuffing, the other gluten free), stove top stuffing, sweet potatoes with streusel topping, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, green bean casserole, tossed salad, fruit salad with lemon jello ([emoji1785] not my favorite), shrimp cocktails.

Pies: pecan pie, Dutch apple pie, pumpkin, cherry, banana pudding with bananas,

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk

Kaneen 11-24-2023 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todeen (Post 2391210)
banana pudding with bananas

Wouldn't banana pudding without bananas just be "pudding"? :confused: LOL

By the way, I ate so much turkey I'm now peeing gravy.

todeen 11-25-2023 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneen (Post 2391454)
Wouldn't banana pudding without bananas just be "pudding"? :confused: LOL

By the way, I ate so much turkey I'm now peeing gravy.

Maybe some people make banana pudding pie without bananas sliced up on the bottom crust? [emoji848] I don't know. I don't make pudding pies.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk

mcgwirecom 11-26-2023 04:09 PM

we went to a local restaurant as half of the family was away. I actually ate no turkey as they had a lot of other options. Cedar Plank Salmon, Chicken Marsala, Lobster Ravioli, Crab Cakes. They even had pizza and chicken fingers for the kids. Was nice to eat and not have to clean up (especially for the ladies who do most of the work usually)

Hxcmilkshake 11-26-2023 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgwirecom (Post 2391927)
we went to a local restaurant as half of the family was away. I actually ate no turkey as they had a lot of other options. Cedar Plank Salmon, Chicken Marsala, Lobster Ravioli, Crab Cakes. They even had pizza and chicken fingers for the kids. Was nice to eat and not have to clean up (especially for the ladies who do most of the work usually)

Nice! I gotta do that one year. Or maybe for Christmas

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Exhibitman 11-26-2023 08:09 PM

My parents died last year, my wife's mother is in assisted living up north, and my daughter is in NYC, so we did nothing, and it was great. I grilled a couple of pork chops with a cherry pepper sauce, and had mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and homemade pecan pie for dessert.

Steve D 11-27-2023 07:42 AM

A Marie Callendar's chicken pot pie, diet pepsi, and for desert, some chewy chips ahoy cookies.

Yea, I'm single.

Steve

megalimey 11-27-2023 12:03 PM

a lot of crow as I picked the 3 losing NFL teams on TV

John1941 11-30-2023 10:30 PM

I went out with my family to get Indian food. It may be the start of a new tradition...

pedrowilliston1 12-07-2023 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megalimey (Post 2392138)
a lot of crow as I picked the 3 losing NFL teams on TV

[emoji106]