Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anybody else been offered a Bid McPhee? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=84523)

Archive 03-08-2007 11:52 AM

Anybody else been offered a Bid McPhee?

Posted By: <b>Chad</b><p>Just curious as I was contacted as being someone who had Bid on his top ten list and was offered a chance to buy the card pre-auction. I dig Bid McPhee, but he's not even in my top 50 right now as I'm on a strict Negro League regimen, and, really, with my budget he was never on any kind of want-list of mine. Is this a new kind of spam?<br /><br />--Chad

Archive 03-08-2007 02:09 PM

Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>Chad,<br /><br />Did you happen to fill out a survey or anything that included Bid McPhee on a want list? I think some of the card pricing web sites allows people to add to a want list where the interested party will be contacted if a card comes up for sale.<br /><br />If you're not interested go ahead and direct that person to me. I'll probably be very wary/cautious of deals like this unless I know the person or unless the seller can provide good hobby references.<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Fred

Archive 03-08-2007 03:01 PM

Posted By: <b>Hal Lewis</b><p>There will be a PSA 5 N172 McPhee in the next Mastro auction next month.

Archive 03-09-2007 12:08 AM

Posted By: <b>Joe</b><p>Sorry, I was the one that messaged someone here about my McPhee. Maybe this wasn't the right place. My bad. I don't want people to think Im spamming.<br /><br />I was searching about my McPhee, and found this site. I collect tobacco cards as well, and got my McPhee when it wasn't worth anything well before he was a HOFer. I got really lucky.<br /><br />Chad, "Top 10 Cards You WAnt" was the post I was talking about.<br /><br />Kevin, I tried to respond to your email but it keeps coming back to me. <br /><br />I want to sell my card, any advice or references would be greatly apprieciated.<br /><br />Thanks

Archive 03-09-2007 04:16 AM

Posted By: <b>Kevin Cummings</b><p>Joe:<br /><br />Sent you another email. Try me again.<br /><br />Kevin

Archive 03-09-2007 05:18 AM

Posted By: <b>Chad</b><p>Wow, that post was so long ago, I completely forgot about it. Bid is one of my favorite guys, but my collecting has evolved in a different direction since then. There are so many scammers out there lately, I've become overly paranoid. I'm glad in this case everything is legit. And I think you'll have no problem selling that card for a good price now that it's on the board as it's a great, grat card. I think we're going to have a happy ending on this one!<br /><br />All the best,<br /><br />--Chad