Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My awesome experience with Aquarian Sports Cards (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=268940)

mrmantlecollector 05-13-2019 05:17 AM

My awesome experience with Aquarian Sports Cards

SO I decided to sell off my collection. I listed it for sale in the bst section here on net54 .
Had a few interested people and a few make offers. I did not want the hassle of shipping a bunch of cards so I was looking for someone who would pickup. I was contacted by Scott Russell from Aquarian Sports Cards. He told me about his auctions and thought I could do very well with that format. After talking with Scott on the phone I was in and excited. Scott made the whole process easy and pleasurable. Not only did he drive to my house to pick the cards up which was incredible by it self. He also kept me up to date on what was going on through it all. The auction was held on Saturday and I am happy to say I was blown away. I made way more than I thought I would. Anyone considering selling I would highly recommend Aquarian Sports Cards. Once again I just want to thank Scott and Aquarian Sports Cards for making my selling experience wonderful.

bnorth 05-13-2019 06:47 AM

A big +1 on Scott being a great guy. I have bought from him directly and through his AH. I have also consigned cards to him.

Scott has the only AH that I know of that accurately describes cards including any alterations. Check put his auctions and bid early, high, and often.:)

dclarkraiders 05-13-2019 04:54 PM

Scott runs a great Auction. I attend most of the Live Auctions and I have only had positive experiences each and every time. Glad that it went well for you. The 1955 Topps Baseball Set was awesome(I am assuming that was one of the items you consigned). I purchased a couple items one of which was a 1960 Topps Clemente PSA 7 that had awesome centering.

Thanks for sharing your positive experience.

Happy collecting.

Duane Clark

Aquarian Sports Cards 05-13-2019 04:55 PM

Would just like to point out that I may be the only auction house with an endorsement from Ben and Jerry...

Seriously, The board members who have been there through the early stages of me taking over the auction company will always be super appreciated. While we're not a new company (over 35 years doing almost nothing but sports cards and memorabilia) we're definitely new to the bigger stage that I am trying to take us to and I owe a lot to people who were willing to take a chance with me, Leon, who's been incredibly supportive, and even a few of the other auction houses who have been great.

There have been a lot of consignors from the board already and I look forward to working with more of you in the future!

Thanks,

Scott Russell
Birmingham Auctioneers

dclarkraiders 05-13-2019 05:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought I would share the ‘60 Clemente that I referenced previously

Leon 05-14-2019 09:44 AM

You have always done a great job, Scott. Good luck going forward...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1877366)
Would just like to point out that I may be the only auction house with an endorsement from Ben and Jerry...

Seriously, The board members who have been there through the early stages of me taking over the auction company will always be super appreciated. While we're not a new company (over 35 years doing almost nothing but sports cards and memorabilia) we're definitely new to the bigger stage that I am trying to take us to and I owe a lot to people who were willing to take a chance with me, Leon, who's been incredibly supportive, and even a few of the other auction houses who have been great.

There have been a lot of consignors from the board already and I look forward to working with more of you in the future!

Thanks,

Scott Russell
Birmingham Auctioneers

oldjudge 05-14-2019 10:51 AM

Yah, but does he have stickers?

Aquarian Sports Cards 05-14-2019 11:12 AM

Little white ones with the lot #. Every lot gets a sticker!