Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pennant Help (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=133299)

Fritz 02-13-2011 08:45 AM

Pennant Help

1 Attachment(s)
Picked these up this AM and am listing them on Ebay but I am just asking if someone knows if they are for a Detroit team. Thoughts?

Fritz

lefty147 02-13-2011 11:40 AM

I think they have nothing to do with a sports team, just a city pennant. Mike

mjkm90 02-13-2011 11:41 AM

I concur.

Oldtix 02-13-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz (Post 871035)
Picked these up this AM and am listing them on Ebay but I am just asking if someone knows if they are for a Detroit team. Thoughts?

Fritz

Not yet...but given the creative tendencies of some ebay sellers, they might be very soon!

Fritz 02-13-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtix (Post 871087)
Not yet...but given the creative tendencies of some ebay sellers, they might be very soon!

Why do you think I would do that! Thats why I wanted to check here first, don't lump me in with some other ebay guys that do that, no very good manners here, give me the benefit of the doubt! At least I asked!

Fritz

Lordstan 02-13-2011 01:50 PM

Fritz,

I think he was implying that someone would get them and create a Frankenpennant. I could be wrong, but I don't think the comment was directed at you specifically.

Mark

Oldtix 02-13-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz (Post 871101)
Why do you think I would do that! Thats why I wanted to check here first, don't lump me in with some other ebay guys that do that, no very good manners here, give me the benefit of the doubt! At least I asked!

Fritz

Fritz, I meant no offense to you....there's been a separate thread specifically addressing how generic pennants are bought on ebay at low prices and pieced together to create "Franken-pennants". I was in no way implying that you were participating in such activities. It was my feeble attempt at making a joke, but if it didn't bring a smile...I failed. Please accept my apology for the misunderstanding.

Rick

Fritz 02-13-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtix (Post 871127)
Fritz, I meant no offense to you....there's been a separate thread specifically addressing how generic pennants are bought on ebay at low prices and pieced together to create "Franken-pennants". I was in no way implying that you were participating in such activities. It was my feeble attempt at making a joke, but if it didn't bring a smile...I failed. Please accept my apology for the misunderstanding.

Rick

Hey Oldtix, no harm/no foul. Just a little thin skinned today. I have them listed in the sports section on Ebay as a accessory per sei for display. They're nice old pennants that came out of an old estate here in Toledo, wasn't sure if they were for any team, the colors look like they could be for one of the earlier football teams out of Detroit and wanted to be sure and have it described right.

Fritz

Oldtix 02-13-2011 04:05 PM

They'll be great accessories for a display. Thanks for being a good sport, and good luck with them!

Duluth Eskimo 02-13-2011 06:11 PM

Fritz,
Unfortunately they may or may not be, but without a photo showing that exact pennant being sold at the game the consensus will be just a city tourist pennant. I have never seen either of these pennants relate to a specific sport, game, or a have a ticket attached to them. Good luck with them, Jason