Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   /Ebay selling problem - what should I do? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=233164)

paul 12-31-2016 01:37 PM

/Ebay selling problem - what should I do?

I just listed a pre-war card on ebay a few minutes ago and realized I did not click the "Pre-War" box when I listed it. So now, if people do a search for only pre-war cards (like I usually do), they won't find it. Ebay will not let me check the box now because the auction already has bids.

I am tempted to end the auction and start over. But bidding is already over $100, with a $1 minimum bid, and the auction has been live for only a few minutes. Should I send the bidders an apology and start the auction over? Or should I just let it run? What would you do? Thanks.

Paul
ebay id: pstewart493r

D. Bergin 12-31-2016 01:54 PM

I'd let it ride. Other bidders obviously found it pretty quickly. Item Specifics are over-rated IMO. If it's a card or from a set that's heavily collected already, the right people will find it in one or another of their searches.

paul 12-31-2016 02:21 PM

Thank you. So you think it's unusual for someone to scroll through all the pre-war listings?

Sean 12-31-2016 02:35 PM

I can only tell you that I try to narrow down my search to specific sets or players.

PowderedH2O 12-31-2016 02:47 PM

I agree with the others. I almost never search a genre, just for that reason. I can't tell you how many cards I've purchased that were in the wrong sport or not even listed in cards at all. My searches are set up to find things no matter where they are. I'll bet your items will be found just fine.

Republicaninmass 12-31-2016 03:16 PM

The days of finding items in the wrong category has sailed. You'll do fine

BeanTown 12-31-2016 04:10 PM

Key word searches is what the majority use I imagine. Let it ride!

paul 12-31-2016 05:35 PM

Thank you all for your advice. I'm letting it ride.

drcy 12-31-2016 06:16 PM

For memorabilia at least, I usually do searches by words, so it doesn't matter what categories are clicked. I rarely to never pick a category and scroll down through the listings.

thecatspajamas 12-31-2016 06:24 PM

Let it ride. Always let it ride unless you have made a gross error in the description. You will never be able to explain the relist to everyone's satisfaction (you won't even know who is watching and has not bid yet), and will scare off more bidders than you will gain by having an item specific checked.

Personally, I rely zero on item specifics, best matches and categories, and primarily use very specific searches. The less I can leave it up to eBay Rio show me what should be buying, the better.

JustinD 12-31-2016 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul (Post 1615643)
Thank you. So you think it's unusual for someone to scroll through all the pre-war listings?

Honestly never done that once in 20 years on ebay. To much time and useless items.

vthobby 01-01-2017 07:41 AM

Wrong year?

Paul,

I'd also let it ride if all of the parameters of the above mentioned were true BUT I think you might have put the wrong year in the title.

I believe that card is from 1921. With such a rare card, I would think you would want to at least be accurate in the actual year of the card.

I realize these were distributed in October of 1921 and could be considered 1921/22 but I'm pretty sure it is a 1921 Bread card.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks, Mike

PS If in fact this is a 1921, I'd end it, cancel the bids, fix the "pre-war" search, fix the year, put a small explanation on why you ended it in the description and "voila" no more worries. As far as everyone is saying on here, it is true that the "search" function is not a big deal as most will search for player name or set name BUT with the wrong year on a high end card could lead to problems and reputation down the road. Good luck. It is a great card!