Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Small crease on Ryan PSA 6 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=261008)

jchcollins 10-18-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 1820676)
https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibi...%20PSA%206.jpg
Should this be a 4 or 5? I think not.

You have a very valid point, but this is why all grading no matter how detailed will always be subjective. You can have technical grading going into eye appeal as a guide, but eye appeal / extent of scruitny is always going to be subjective and will vary from person to person.

Personally, I would agree with you - no way that card should be less than a 6. But there are folks out there who will argue that no card should ever get a break on a technical flaw - even if only visible under magnification. Which collector is correct?

savedfrommyspokes 10-25-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaineer1999 (Post 1820538)
You are right. I probably gave him to much of a chance but I was trying to get the card returned. When that failed I filed the 'Not as Described ' with Ebay and his answer to EBay is in my previous post.
Now , per Ebay I try and negotiate (already tried) and contact them about the opened case on the 20th if issue not resolved.

I'm working thru this the best I can using feedback here as a guide. I probably need a little lawyer sitting on my shoulder telling me what to do.

Any updates on this?

Mountaineer1999 10-26-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchcollins (Post 1820656)
I think it's at least a possibility that the grader was not considering that to be a crease, but an original flaw in the card stock. I've seen this before, particularly on the back of '57 Topps cards - where there appears to be an extremely light "dent" type line in the card. This if I recall was before I had a lot of graded cards, but whatever it was clearly was not a crease. I remember wondering how they would grade.

So no, any PSA-6 should not have a true crease, but I think you may have gotten screwed on a technicality. If it really bothers you and you don't get anywhere with eBay or Paypal (I would bet that you do) then see if PSA will "pay out under the terms of their grading guarantee..." as I've heard Mr. Hall say before. If nothing else it is questionable. It's a shame because that is a nice card (and one I would totally go after, with nice eye appeal but for a hidden flaw...although I would want more of a PSA-4 type price...)

Good luck.

I think this is right. I believe the flaw was in the original card stock. I just wish it was a little less noticable.

It is still under EBAY review for those interested.

savedfrommyspokes 10-26-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaineer1999 (Post 1822368)

It is still under EBAY review for those interested.

That appears to be a positive sign for you....hopefully it will work out for you.

56Horsehide 10-26-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaineer1999 (Post 1819880)
The crease is just to the left of the 1 in 1968.. gonna try to upload a snapshot

Is it possible the ebay scan of the reverse is a different card? It not only does not show the crease, it does not show the "black" spots in front of the "R" in Rookie.

Mountaineer1999 10-28-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 56Horsehide (Post 1822418)
Is it possible the ebay scan of the reverse is a different card? It not only does not show the crease, it does not show the "black

" spots in front of the "R" in Rookie.

It's the same card.

Mountaineer1999 10-29-2018 04:02 PM

Update:
EBay sided with me on this claim and the card was put back in the mail today using EBays shipping label. The way I read it, I will be credited when package indicates delivered.

AGuinness 10-29-2018 06:07 PM

Great news. Glad it worked out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk