Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   the list (of criminals) is revealed (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=217245)

dhernandez 03-19-2016 11:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WindyCityGameUsed (Post 1501202)
Administrator

Some additional upgrades have just been made to the forum! Here are 2 big improvements we've made...

1) The Collector to Collector and Items Wanted section will now require member log in. As I'm sure many of you have experienced, there are a lot of lurkers on the forum. Personally I've always been caught off guard and cautious, when I'm approached about an item by a non-member. Buying and selling should feel safe. We firmly believe that only members should benefit from this unique, free venue to buy, sell and trade.

2) You will now be able to edit your own posts. You can edit your posts for about 10 minutes after you've submitted them. I know this has long been a heartburn for members. This will allow you time to correct errors or add additional information.

As always, we'll keep looking for ways to improve your experience. Thank you to all the members that have suggested these two important updates.

Doug Reiser

If I showed up on a shit list I would think I would have better things to do than have my pet monkeys pulling chains

This from a henchman who never once posted memorabilia or probably collects anything except $$$$$$$

"Lurkers" LMFAAAAAOOOOO

Ron Kosiewicz

this is Hilarious
in pic: da rev and Mr.Muggs aka ______________ (fill in the blank)

Jobu 03-19-2016 12:32 PM

I am fairly certain that the card had a reserve that didn't post until there were only a few days left. The bidding took it to $8 k and then the reserve of $17 k posted making that the bid with no high bidder. Basically the card didn't sell because nobody bid the reserve. HA then offered it for sale after the auction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonepony (Post 1516852)
How often? Who knows. HA, I believe, is the only one brazen enough to afford themselves that right. A clue may be what happened with the Lenox Cobb: It hung around $8000 , with a sudden bump to a $17,000 bid ( which I believe was a house bid) . It hammers at that price and the next day is for sale at Heritage at that price. Disgusted me, but maybe I'm wrong in how it went down.

pawpawdiv9 03-19-2016 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobu (Post 1516879)
I am fairly certain that the card had a reserve that didn't post until there were only a few days left. The bidding took it to $8 k and then the reserve of $17 k posted making that the bid with no high bidder. Basically the card didn't sell because nobody bid the reserve. HA then offered it for sale after the auction.

Looks like Heritage has it on the 'wood block' again for bidding 4/21/2016
http://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball/19...ription-071515

ullmandds 03-19-2016 04:41 PM

some people just think their cards are worth more than reality dictates??

iowadoc77 03-19-2016 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobu (Post 1516879)

Correct. Fairly common for Heritage. They don't post a reserve until well into the auction. Gives a false impression IMO of where things stand.

WindyCityGameUsed 03-19-2016 08:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dhernandez (Post 1516865)
this is Hilarious
in pic: da rev and Mr.Muggs aka ______________ (fill in the blank)

Spot on Brody

I found another picture from the Clown College yearbook of papa with his #1 trained monkey

mickeymao34 03-19-2016 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindyCityGameUsed (Post 1516993)
Spot on Brody

I found another picture from the Clown College yearbook of papa with his #1 trained monkey

Martin N Lewis was one of the sickest comedy teams in the biz!

dhernandez 03-29-2016 11:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
In light of "The List" being revealed. Does this open letter make everyone feel better?

Leon 03-30-2016 06:54 AM

This thread is over. Start a new one.