Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   I'm giving Roach's a B- for effort here (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=206882)

milkit1 06-04-2015 09:22 AM

I'm giving Roach's a B- for effort here

A Ty Cobb check made out to AL Capone with a stopped payment stamp. Is all the effort really worth what they are getting paid? Coach's Corner never ceases to amuse me. They are the Monty Python of autograph forgers without a doubt.
http://myccsa.com/lot/272/ty-cobb-ha...nal-check.aspx

HOF Auto Rookies 06-04-2015 10:42 AM

At least it's dated in Cibbs's own handwriting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgmp123 06-04-2015 12:52 PM

My goodness...that's genius. So is it know safe for us to assume that Cobb was connected to organized crime...Roach does it again!

autograf 06-04-2015 01:04 PM

I may have to add it to the other two Cobb checks I have written to Abe Lincoln and Kim Kardashian. That is good effort though...................

GoCubsGo32 06-05-2015 07:54 AM

They have a phone number. Has anyone actually tried calling them? I thought about it since I could always use a good laugh..

GrayGhost 06-06-2015 01:18 PM

I emailed them and got told to **** off, when I told them they were blatant crooks

RichardSimon 06-06-2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayGhost (Post 1418728)
I emailed them and got told to **** off, when I told them they were blatant crooks

And someday when Bubba (6'6" tall) is their cellmate will they tell him to **** off? I doubt it :).

travrosty 06-06-2015 05:49 PM

Stop payment on an Al Capone check? Where's Charles Bronson?

Bored5000 06-07-2015 02:28 AM

I had not realized there is a new CC auction up for perusal. Has Chris Morales always been billed as a "former U.S. Secret Service forensic science expert" or is that a new qualification?

Among the items I am especially fond of:

* The .400 hitters custom signed and framed display piece. Estimated value of $25,000, but currently sitting at $193.

* The $55 George Washington cut signature.

* Eddie Plank single-signed baseball for $141.

* Sliding Billy Hamilton single signed baseball for $66.

* Sam Thompson single-signed baseball for $142 (appears to have been signed yesterday).

*Honus Wagner autographed baseball for $36.

*Christy Mathewson signed baseball for $64.

*Josh Gibson autographed baseball for $50.

* An emerald stone appraised at $8,000 for $68

* Abraham Lincoln vintage cut for $44.

* Geronimo vintage cut for $33.

* Cuts of all four Beatles for $33.

*John Clarkson autographed cut for $208 (Holy ****, that is expensive compared to most of the other autographs in the auction)

* Dollar bill signed by both Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr. for $44 (An absolute steal, since this item may actually be worth the $1 face value of the dollar bill).

* John Lennon signed photo for $26.

* Grover Cleveland Alexander autographed photo for $32.

GrayGhost 06-09-2015 10:29 AM

I hope you bid on some of those authentic BEAUTIES:rolleyes:;)

LCBaseballCollector 06-17-2015 04:27 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I was surprised to see that Cobb check sell for $210 especially when Coach's noted that checks were selling for almost $1000 in the add.
Not bad compared to the glove and the single and Cobb and Ruth combo.

On another note, Coach's whose big consignor phony up'd those Halper letters, than the Richard Case letters and now they did with former Sporting News manager J. Taylor Spinks. FLOODED with those certs this month and curious to see who authenticates next for them.

And the Jimmy Collins ball sold for $85 and the Martin Dihigo softball for $39, while the JSA and Mears certed Rizzuto sold for $89. Did they call a Rizzuto signed ball "priceless"?

New auction probably tomorrow!!! More laughs! :-) LOL

LC
#anyfedsreadthenet54?

mighty bombjack 06-18-2015 09:43 AM

That Dihigo is just fantastic.

djson1 06-18-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkit1 (Post 1417911)
A Ty Cobb check made out to AL Capone with a stopped payment stamp. Is all the effort really worth what they are getting paid? Coach's Corner never ceases to amuse me. They are the Monty Python of autograph forgers without a doubt.
http://myccsa.com/lot/272/ty-cobb-ha...nal-check.aspx

And you gave them a "B-" for effort? You're being too nice and a generous grader! I wish my school teachers were like you. :rolleyes:

earlywynnfan 06-18-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mighty bombjack (Post 1422568)
That Dihigo is just fantastic.

so bold it's like it was signed yesterday!

LCBaseballCollector 06-18-2015 12:23 PM

Wow, when I said "curious to see who authenticates next for them", I was half kidding. It is apparently Edward Doherty, a former baseball executive.

85 single signed baseballs!

http://www.myccsa.com/Search.aspx?Se...ward%20Doherty

So every month this consignor (I use that word gently) comes up with 80-90 items from all these baseball executives who apparently collected single signed balls and all of them collected the same names and all the signatures are dated?

Nah, no fraudulent scheme to deceit here.

The guys at FIFA think this guy is bold.

LC

earlywynnfan 06-18-2015 01:37 PM

And before he died in 1971 he wrote COA's for these?

tinkereversandme 06-18-2015 01:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
As a person who works 60 hours per week to provide for his family, this outfit is the devil in retail form. How hard did the people who consign their childish forgeries work and I am sure they are all in better financial shape then myself. Last I knew forgery is against the law. In some cases, the lowest cases, 5 years in jail. How much time did that Berks county man in PA get for his autograph book scam on ebay? Is it because the Coach simply takes in these homemade examples? Anyone want to start a similar business with me called The Pitchers Mound Sports Auction?

Just sickening. How long did it take for these jerseys to get inked and placed in this amazing Coach's Corner Sports Auction- July edition? I make roughly $23 an hour and I bet these will sell for less than 25 hours of my life in the grind. Sickening.

Regards,

Larry

1880nonsports 06-21-2015 10:51 PM

it's all so sad

apparently the authorities are unwilling or unable to prosecute. It's reprehensible. They are knowingly committing fraud in a brash and brazen manner - in national print and an auction setting. Are there no laws in their state that govern auctioneers?

keithsky 06-22-2015 09:53 AM

I just can't for the life of me figure out with Operation Bullpen back in the late 90's with all the guys busted by the Feds and recently Mastro and maybe his cronies and Coach's Corner still keeps plugging along? I don't get it. People have been complaining about these guys for years and nothing gets done to bust them. What the heck is wrong here. I'm sure people have also contacted authorities about them but still they keep ripping people off and making money. At least the Feds should shut them down based on all the complaints if the don't have the time for anything else but don't let these guys keep ripping people off. Amasing

mschwade 06-22-2015 10:03 AM

I liked this one...

This vintage unlabeled ball is in G/VG shape with red stitching and comes signed this long-deceased HOFer in black ink. He has included the date from way back in 1939 with his stunning signature and the rare gem comes with a COA signed by Edward Doherty on "The American Association of Professional Baseball Clubs" letterhead for authenticity purposes. HIGH Book value.

http://www.myccsa.com/pics/273/460815.jpg

He struggles to even write his own name, but dates... he writes those as fluid as can be.

Leon 06-22-2015 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithsky (Post 1423718)
I just can't for the life of me figure out with Operation Bullpen back in the late 90's with all the guys busted by the Feds and recently Mastro and maybe his cronies and Coach's Corner still keeps plugging along? I don't get it. People have been complaining about these guys for years and nothing gets done to bust them. What the heck is wrong here. I'm sure people have also contacted authorities about them but still they keep ripping people off and making money. At least the Feds should shut them down based on all the complaints if the don't have the time for anything else but don't let these guys keep ripping people off. Amasing

I have had some long talks with the authorities that could do something about these crooks. I totally get they should be shut down. However, it's not as easy as one would think to prosecute someone based on their opinion. That is only one issue though.....there are others as to why they haven't been prosecuted. In reality, I think it should be a joint effort by State and Federal authorities that bust them. They have seemingly committed both types of crimes.

Also, I doubt there are a lot of federal authorities jumping up and down to prosecute a difficult case in the sports memorabilia business. It's just not something that is exciting.....All that being said, I think their day will come, one way or the other. You can't commit that much fraud, steal so much money from people through that fraud, and get away with it forever. It is impossible. If nothing else, I am sure Karma will find them...

thetruthisoutthere 06-22-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1423720)
I have had some long talks with the authorities that could do something about these crooks. I totally get they should be shut down. However, it's not as easy as one would think to prosecute someone based on their opinion. That is only one issue though.....there are others as to why they haven't been prosecuted. In reality, I think it should be a joint effort by State and Federal authorities that bust them. They have seemingly committed both types of crimes.

Also, I doubt there are a lot of federal authorities jumping up and down to prosecute a difficult case in the sports memorabilia business. It's just not something that is exciting.....All that being said, I think their day will come, one way or the other. You can't commit that much fraud, steal so much money from people through that fraud, and get away with it forever. It is impossible. If nothing else, I am sure Karma will find them...

Leon is correct about the fact that "it isn't that easy to shut them down."

A few of us here have been involved in getting another "operation" shutdown for the last few years. It's an open and shut case, and yet that operation continues.

We know the frustration.

RichardSimon 06-22-2015 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1423838)
Leon is correct about the fact that "it isn't that easy to shut them down."

A few of us here have been involved in getting another "operation" shutdown for the last few years. It's an open and shut case, and yet that operation continues.

We know the frustration.

It is blood, sweat and tears on top of the frustration.
Believe it, attempts have been made and some day karma will rear its head.

thetruthisoutthere 06-22-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1423885)
It is blood, sweat and tears on top of the frustration.
Believe it, attempts have been made and some day karma will rear its head.

Let's hope so, Richard.