Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   White Plains Show aka "East Coast National" this weekend (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=243776)

GregMitch34 08-17-2017 01:18 PM

White Plains Show aka "East Coast National" this weekend

So who is going and when? This is show I never miss because full hall, while I now skip the shows the rest of the year. I'll be attending with the current major of Cooperstown and good friend and fellow author (see his recent "Split Season" on classic MLB players strike) so say hello if you see us. When will you be there? We will be there Saturday starting at about 1 pm.....

TCMA 08-17-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregMitch34 (Post 1691711)
So who is going and when? This is show I never miss because full hall, while I now skip the shows the rest of the year. I'll be attending with the current major of Cooperstown and good friend and fellow author (see his recent "Split Season" on classic MLB players strike) so say hello if you see us. When will you be there? We will be there Saturday starting at about 1 pm.....

I'll be there tomorrow evening and likely after 12pm Saturday. Let the mayor know I'll see him there :) . Just spoke to him in Cooperstown over HOF Weekend. Always fun.

x2drich2000 08-17-2017 01:58 PM

I'm planning to be there Sat most of the day.

DJ

Al C.risafulli 08-17-2017 02:03 PM

I'll be there, set up and taking consignments, and displaying some material that will be in the Fall auction. Say hi!

-Al

Topnotchsy 08-17-2017 03:52 PM

Hope to make it there tomorrow. Hoping to get some advice on rebinding the Jackie Robinson yearbook I bought.

I'd also love to get a better understanding of the different auction houses and the pros and cons (and primary focuses) of each. (Basically, why consign with one over any other at any time.) I've found that certain auction houses seem to learn towards certain types of items but haven't checked to see whether they sell for higher amounts consistently. I also don't know what the different auction houses are willing to negotiate as far as a Buyer's Premium (I know Goldin sometimes makes special offers, but most of the others seem to hold their cards closer to their chests on this.)

Of course always looking to walk around. Last time I met a Negro League researcher by some change, and would be awesome to meet some other people who focus on the Negro Leagues and/or integration.

brass_rat 08-18-2017 04:18 PM

I'll be there on Saturday. If it's anything like last time, I'll spend most of my allocated time talking to Al. :)

bigfanNY 08-18-2017 04:57 PM

WILL be there Saturday morning. I will have my Sonny's Bar B Q from Jax on so I am easy to spot. Hope to put a face to some of the names from net54..

daves_resale_shop 08-19-2017 09:48 AM

White plains show

1 Attachment(s)
First time I've been in a line this long at wp!

Way to go Jprs!

arcadekrazy 08-19-2017 11:04 AM

Still only one ticket window operator like yesterday?

TCMA 08-19-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcadekrazy (Post 1692365)
Still only one ticket window operator like yesterday?

Two windows and still long lines getting in.

Yankees1964 08-19-2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daves_resale_shop (Post 1692341)
First time I've been in a line this long at wp!

Way to go Jprs!

That is GREAT to see a line like that. I am glad I went yesterday. I go to every show there except the basement ones and the selection yesterday was one of the best. I left with 11 cents.

daves_resale_shop 08-19-2017 01:40 PM

East coast national

Lot of nice stuff, and it appeared that there was quite a bit of money changing hands....

Got a few things graded and a couple of others authenticated... I was very impressed with the service at SGC and JSA. I had my 5 year old boy with me and reps from both companies went out of their way to keep him content while I was filling out paperwork...

It's those little things that capture my attention and loyalty...

Good show all around

Fballguy 08-19-2017 02:25 PM

I miss that show. Post more pics if you can.

Brian 08-19-2017 05:14 PM

East Coast National

Yeah, long line today around noon.

Lots of shiny stuff but also the usual vintage sellers.

I managed to pick up a nice 1934 Batter-Up Moe Berg SGC 50. Nice deal, good seller.

Brian

RedsFan1941 08-19-2017 06:09 PM

stopped by love for the games booth on friday to say hi to al. hardest working guy in the hobby.

jpop43 08-20-2017 06:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I know that this is the card side, but I was super pleased, as well as a bit surprised, to pick this c. 1860s lemon peel baseball there this morning...just goes to show that you never know!

Jon
www.dugouttreasures.com

KCRfan1 08-21-2017 05:53 AM

That's really cool Jon!