Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Anyone know what's up with HOFautosChris? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=193025)

Mr. Zipper 08-26-2014 09:07 PM

Anyone know what's up with HOFautosChris?

Hi

Anyone know HOFautosChris? Is he okay?

I paid for an item he had listed in the BST section on July 9 and have yet to receive it. The last I heard from him was a month ago. I've sent total of 5 polite reminders.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt as he seemed to be a regular with a track record...

:confused:

Mr. Zipper 08-27-2014 09:24 PM

Apparently Chris David aka HOFautosChris was online at Net54 today... So he still amongst the living.

Christopher.leigh.david@gmail.com

Wondering why he hasn't sent item paid for 2 months ago or responded to email or PMs.

Anyone deal with him before?

7nohitter 08-28-2014 06:34 AM

Hmmmm....Have you contacted Leon?

Mr. Zipper 08-28-2014 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7nohitter (Post 1315348)
Hmmmm....Have you contacted Leon?

No, I have not. I really wanted to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Maybe someone here knew him and was aware that something happened to him.

Maybe that is still the case, but it's looking less likely now that his profile shows he has visited this site at least a few times in the past week and as recently as last night.

Leon 08-28-2014 08:07 AM

Let me know what I can do to help.....

Mr. Zipper 08-28-2014 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1315371)
Let me know what I can do to help.....

Thanks, Leon. I appreciate the offer, but I'm not sure there is much you can do. Perhaps he would respond to you, but I have not gotten any response to the PMs and emails I have sent him. It seems he responded at first with promises to send, and then once the 30 day period after payment expired, "POOF."

I'm not out a lot of money, but it's more the principle of it.

MikeKam 08-28-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1315378)
Thanks, Leon. I appreciate the offer, but I'm not sure there is much you can do. Perhaps he would respond to you, but I have not gotten any response to the PMs and emails I have sent him. It seems he responded at first with promises to send, and then once the 30 day period after payment expired, "POOF."

If its with Paypal, I believe its 45 days so you still might have a chance.

Leon 08-28-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1315378)

You are right there isn't a lot I can do. I did just send him a pm about it and he will need to answer about this. Hopefully it's just a communication issue somewhere..we'll see...thanks

chaddurbin 08-28-2014 06:45 PM

i bought a couple signed jeter cards from him a few months ago. they arrived fine and he always responded to my pms within a day or so. not sure what's going on in ur case steve but good luck.

earlywynnfan 08-28-2014 07:14 PM

I'm impressed it took you 6 weeks to go public with this. You have far more patience for people than I do.

Best of luck with this,
Ken

Mr. Zipper 08-28-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 1315686)
I'm impressed it took you 6 weeks to go public with this. You have far more patience for people than I do.

Best of luck with this,
Ken

Thank you, Ken.

It was a Joe Torre signed WS program. I bought it at the same time I also bought a handful of other items from eBay, and truth be told, I forgot about it for a few weeks. When it struck me that I never got it, I sent a few PMs and emails, and then went on vacation. Before I knew it, it's almost 2 months later.

And foolishly, I sent a "friend" payment because that's what I have always done with Net54 people. I've had a number of great transactions from good people with no problems here. The odds eventually caught up with me and I ran into someone not so honest. Lesson learned.

thetruthisoutthere 08-30-2014 06:17 AM

Just goes to show, that in this hobby, expect the unexpected.

Hopefully, Steve, you'll eventually get your card.

Cfern023 08-31-2014 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1315737)
Thank you, Ken.

It was a Joe Torre signed WS program. I bought it at the same time I also bought a handful of other items from eBay, and truth be told, I forgot about it for a few weeks. When it struck me that I never got it, I sent a few PMs and emails, and then went on vacation. Before I knew it, it's almost 2 months later.

And foolishly, I sent a "friend" payment because that's what I have always done with Net54 people. I've had a number of great transactions from good people with no problems here. The odds eventually caught up with me and I ran into someone not so honest. Lesson learned.

Paypal might tell you to pound sand, but your CC company might say otherwise.

Not sure what you'd tell them but you never relieved it and he was a friend before this might go a long way.

Mr. Zipper 09-03-2014 07:52 AM

After numerous emails and private messages with no response, I can only conclude Christopher Leigh David of Rochester NY aka Leigh David aka HOFautosChris is not going to deliver the item I paid for on July 9. We know he has been active and visited this forum as recently as last week.

I would advise strongly against doing any business with Christopher Leigh David of Rochester NY aka Leigh David aka HOFautosChris.

LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=148091623

Christopher.leigh.david@gmail.com

In addition to his day job, he supposedly has a autograph-related business.

Founder
Signature Success
1995 – Present (19 years)
Launched small business involving the purchase, valuation, pricing and sale of high-end sports memorabilia. Network with collectors worldwide online over the phone and at industry trade shows.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2....jpeg~original

jgmp123 09-03-2014 07:57 AM

welp...so much for the success of that "side business". what a scumbag. I'll make sure to get the word out Steve.

I'm glad you weren't out too much.

Leon 09-04-2014 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgmp123 (Post 1317881)
welp...so much for the success of that "side business". what a scumbag. I'll make sure to get the word out Steve.

I'm glad you weren't out too much.

I left a voice mail for him yesterday and haven't heard back. Interestingly he hasn't come back since my first PM to him around a week ago. If he comes back he will have some 'splaining to do. I sort of wonder if anything happened to him, the way he has just left? It doesn't sound like it was that much money for someone to run away like this?

mschwade 09-04-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1317880)
After numerous emails and private messages with no response, I can only conclude Christopher Leigh David of Rochester NY aka Leigh David aka HOFautosChris is not going to deliver the item I paid for on July 9. We know he has been active and visited this forum as recently as last week.

You know what they say about a man with two first names. I kid, I kid. Hopefully everything is alright with him and this all gets situated the way its supposed to.

chaddurbin 09-04-2014 08:13 PM

having dealt with him i'm honestly baffled why he hasn't replied to you steve over this >$50 item? just very strange...

ATP 09-04-2014 10:40 PM

There must be more to this...I hope...no one disappears over $50 unless something strange is happening...unless I am completely underestimating us here.

MooseDog 09-05-2014 02:00 AM

Not trying to defend the guy by any means, but if my own experience is any indication and from the little evidence provided by the LinkedIn screen grab let me speculate, and this is PURE speculation.

Chris may have lost his job in 2012 and has not been able to find a new one. So he makes a go at selling sports memorabilia, possibly full time, possibly while continuing to look for a job. Meanwhile debts keep piling up, the sports market goes soft (this has been my experience as well) and very quickly the cash dries up.

It's really easy to get over one's head in this situation. I've been there...actually I AM there!

However, I will agree that he is doing himself no good by ignoring Steve and Leon. I've found that when things go wrong, honestly is indeed the best policy and most people are understanding enough to work something out. Pride and shame sometimes make guys unable to "man-up" in these situations.

jgmp123 09-05-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseDog (Post 1318652)
Not trying to defend the guy by any means, but if my own experience is any indication and from the little evidence provided by the LinkedIn screen grab let me speculate, and this is PURE speculation.

Chris may have lost his job in 2012 and has not been able to find a new one. So he makes a go at selling sports memorabilia, possibly full time, possibly while continuing to look for a job. Meanwhile debts keep piling up, the sports market goes soft (this has been my experience as well) and very quickly the cash dries up.

It's really easy to get over one's head in this situation. I've been there...actually I AM there!

However, I will agree that he is doing himself no good by ignoring Steve and Leon. I've found that when things go wrong, honestly is indeed the best policy and most people are understanding enough to work something out. Pride and shame sometimes make guys unable to "man-up" in these situations.

And if he gives an explanation like that, I am almost 99% positive that Steve and Leon would be more than kind in their responses. They are a couple of the good guy's here.

Leon 09-06-2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgmp123 (Post 1318805)
And if he gives an explanation like that, I am almost 99% positive that Steve and Leon would be more than kind in their responses. They are a couple of the good guy's here.

On my part you can be 100% sure. I try to be the most forgiving guy in the hobby. Thanks for the kind words too.

Cooptown 09-13-2014 12:31 PM

I was surprised to be following this post, and come to realize that this guy lives in my hometown of Rochester, NY. I attend some shows locally - in fact there is one next weekend about 40 minutes away in Batavia that I will be at - and have never seen him. Rochester is in fact a very small community. I am surprised I have never come across him.