Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bannings Bonanza!!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=348303)

JollyElm 04-11-2024 04:42 PM

Bannings Bonanza!!!

Leon, do you keep a running count of the number of new members who get instantly banned? Sorta like digital heads mounted on your wall?

It seems crazy lately, as anytime you see a post from someone with a member name comprised of a seemingly random combo of numbers and letters (no offense meant to any 'good' member with this type of screen name), you just know they are bad news.

Caveat emptor, indeed.

4815162342 04-11-2024 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2426095)
… someone with a member name comprised of a seemingly random combo of numbers …

I know, right!

JollyElm 04-11-2024 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4815162342 (Post 2426100)
I know, right!

I see what you did there...leaving off "and letters." Well played! :D

BioCRN 04-11-2024 07:18 PM

Hi there my step dad has this banning information available for sale, if you are still interested you can reach out for more information bobamerican29187@gmail.com
Thanks

Sent from my TECNO BD4h using Tapatalk

bnorth 04-11-2024 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioCRN (Post 2426156)
Hi there my step dad has this banning information available for sale, if you are still interested you can reach out for more information bobamerican29187@gmail.com
Thanks

Sent from my TECNO BD4h using Tapatalk

LOL, nice.

For fun I like to go to the bottom of the page and check out the newest members ID. There are some silly ones very regularly.

EDIT: Newest members is Tadalafil 2.5 mg tablets. :)

Leon 04-12-2024 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've seen quite a bit with these scammers. I was thanked today, again, for having that alert at the top of the BST categories. That troll was already banned but most times they are brand new scammers (or at least id's).... Heck, it might be the same guy, just very energetic...

To answer the original question, do I track how many are banned. No, but it's probably 1-2 a day on average.

and a card....

Casey2296 04-12-2024 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2426315)
I've seen quite a bit with these scammers. I was thanked today, again, for having that alert at the top of the BST categories. That troll was already banned but most times they are brand new scammers (or at least id's).... Heck, it might be the same guy, just very energetic...

To answer the original question, do I track how many are banned. No, but it's probably 1-2 a day on average.

and a card....

Love that Cobby Leon.

Gorditadogg 04-13-2024 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey2296 (Post 2426322)
Love that Cobby Leon.

He got it from my friend's old uncle. Do you want his email, I think he has another one.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

JollyElm 04-13-2024 03:48 PM

1176. Newbonic Plague
The pestilence of a bunch of newly joined members all coming out of the gates trying to scam people.

See also: Crocodile Dundeeviant - any of these new wave of scammers who oddly claim to hail from the ‘Land Down Under.’

See also: First-Cozener (also Bluffer-in-Law) - that fictitious, invented ‘relative’ of his that a swindler claims just happens to own the very card you’ve been searching for.

brianp-beme 04-13-2024 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2426535)
[B]1176.

All good entries. I would like to refine the below:

See also: Crocodile Dundeeviant - any of this new wave of scammers who oddly claim to hail from the ‘Land Down Under.’

All good entries. I would like to refine the above to include those who live in the basement and/or claim to have found cards stored below ground level.

Brian

JollyElm 04-13-2024 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 2426567)
All good entries. I would like to refine the above to include those who live in the basement and/or claim to have found cards stored below ground level.

Brian

Basement, huh? Perhaps that would be a Root Shiller or Cellar Shiller or Swine Seller?

pawpawdiv9 04-20-2024 11:15 AM

Just got another to add to the list
lb56476784
using the same message as the others- 1 post and new member as well
Also- that person of course posted in the Dickie Betts RIP(off topic)

Tom S. 04-20-2024 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2426535)
1176. Newbonic Plague
The pestilence of a bunch of newly joined members all coming out of the gates trying to scam people.

See also: Crocodile Dundeeviant - any of these new wave of scammers who oddly claim to hail from the ‘Land Down Under.’

See also: First-Cozener (also Bluffer-in-Law) - that fictitious, invented ‘relative’ of his that a swindler claims just happens to own the very card you’ve been searching for.

Could they also be called "Banned-itos": Outlaw newbies whose initial posts ultimately lead to their demise? :)