Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Football Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Who's your football Darth Vader?? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=258067)

Jeff Alcorn 07-30-2018 08:04 PM

USC for a ton of reasons and Stanford mainly due to the disrespectful antics of their band over the years. I still like watching the replay of Cal's miracle win on the kickoff return because it culminated with Cal players running over the Stanford band.

Peter_Spaeth 07-30-2018 08:32 PM

The USC fight song is reason enough to hate them.

the 'stache 07-31-2018 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1799398)
The USC fight song is reason enough to hate them.

Hard to hate a school with those cheerleaders. :p

Peter_Spaeth 07-31-2018 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the 'stache (Post 1799425)
Hard to hate a school with those cheerleaders. :p

OK, fair point.

vintagebaseballcardguy 07-31-2018 08:33 AM

Yeah, hard to not like the sweaters.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JustinD 07-31-2018 02:46 PM

Unquestionably anything Michigan, we have a strictly Green house around here.

Although, thanks to Mike Hart for starting a curse that his consistently overrated team can't handle to this day. :D

Peter_Spaeth 07-31-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinD (Post 1799559)
Unquestionably anything Michigan, we have a strictly Green house around here.

Although, thanks to Mike Hart for starting a curse that his consistently overrated team can't handle to this day. :D

Now now, little brother. :D
As a Michigan alum, though, I kinda agree with you about overrated -- in my mind Harbaugh has been somewhat of a disappointment, and isn't in my opinion a very good game coach. Case in point Iowa 14 Michigan 13 in 2016, a loss clearly due to Harbaugh's poor coaching.

JustinD 08-01-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1799566)
As a Michigan alum, though, I kinda agree with you about overrated -- in my mind Harbaugh has been somewhat of a disappointment, and isn't in my opinion a very good game coach.

I honestly didn't understand why it seemed all the San Fran players were happy to see him go until around the last season. I think everyone is starting to realize that all the antics and weirdness get old with not much return.

It seems there's another weird story or interview in the news every day around here. The odd chicken story of the other day for example, I think if he was anyone else he might be committed some days. There's quirky and then there's foil hat wearing.

Peter_Spaeth 08-01-2018 11:43 AM

The chicken thing was and is weird, but he is a weird dude. I miss Bo. You may not have liked him, and God help you if you disagreed with him, but he didn't do weird stuff.

JustinD 08-01-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1799735)
The chicken thing was and is weird, but he is a weird dude. I miss Bo. You may not have liked him, and God help you if you disagreed with him, but he didn't do weird stuff.

agreed, tradition is not a bad thing.