Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Full Disclosure and Public Apology, Regarding T206 Reproductions Sold on Ebay in Feb. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=253886)

ullmandds 04-16-2018 02:55 PM

all joking aside...it'll be tough to recover from such a flub...but it can be done. Some will never forgive...many others will forget. But It WILL take years of being an upstanding member of society...I mean net54.

glchen 04-16-2018 03:03 PM

Noah, pretty much all of the other posters have been very hard on you, but you are good in my book. Everyone makes mistakes, even bad ones. It's how we handle ourselves afterwards that measure our true character. Stay true to yourself even in rough times.

Vintagecatcher 04-16-2018 03:22 PM

Conover, WI?

The OP listed his home as Conover, WI in his fraudulent listing.

I'm curious if this is a bogus location as well since it truly appears the Con is Over!

Patrick

Rookiemonster 04-16-2018 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glchen (Post 1768043)
Noah, pretty much all of the other posters have been very hard on you, but you are good in my book. Everyone makes mistakes, even bad ones. It's how we handle ourselves afterwards that measure our true character. Stay true to yourself even in rough times.

But it’s what you do when no one is looking that proves your integrity. Without integrity what is character?

I don’t think anyone has been hard on him. I do think his shill of justice is a joke. Then to open a case about it . That’s the worst part. Not printing some lame t206 reprints. It never stopped until he got busted. No character or integrity in sight.

mechanicalman 04-16-2018 03:25 PM

Man, this sucks.

I wanted to believe in you. You came on here all howdy doody-like with a cartoon avatar, calling everyone "Mr.," and loving your beater commons. I loved the purity of your collecting. It seemed genuine. But you now seem as fake as your cards. You knew what you were doing here.

My advice, for what it's worth: take a break, gather yourself, and come back when the time is right. But leave the little boy-schtick in the past. Plenty of other people have come back from worse as this sh*t seems to sadly be the status quo in this glorious hobby of ours. I truly wish you the best.

KingFisk 04-16-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1768041)
all joking aside...it'll be tough to recover from such a flub...but it can be done. Some will never forgive...many others will forget. But It WILL take years of being an upstanding member of society...I mean net54.

Agreed, Pete, and for me it is going to be extremely hard to forgive and/or forget this one, and that's 100% attributable to the way NJ had carried himself on this board since his first forgiven transgression a few years ago (on the BST). The unfailingly polite, aw shucks, "Thanks, Mr. (insert name here)," sweet-natured enthusiasm really duped me, even though I had a less than great personal experience with him once (way, way down on the transgression list - he simply didn't get back to me after telling me he was interested in a card and then not responding to me after I quoted a price. Not a big deal at all, just kind of annoying). It's now just really tough to square that nice kid with the person that pulled off a scam and only came clean by his own admission after being prodded. I'm glad he admitted everything - I wish more scammers would do so - but I hate the feeling I have about being had by NJ's squeaky-clean kid act.

chalupacollects 04-16-2018 03:39 PM

So after opening an unpaid on ebay did you turn yourself in to the local police?

That would show an intent to change...and be believable...

njdunkin1 04-16-2018 03:42 PM

Thanks to all who have posted. I've read each response thoroughly and have been in discussion with Leon.

Without revealing too much personal information, I'm still in high school and am in the learning process about a lot of things. I'm not saying this as an excuse, but (for example) each time I addressed someone by their first name, it was genuine and it was how I was raised.

These actions of mine are not a proper example of how I was raised and on what moral grounds I'm being taught to live by. I again apologize to each member affected by this; it wasn't just foolishness, I acted out stupidly and arrogantly.

I've spoken with Leon; I'm going to take a break for a little while and gather myself.

I appreciate all of the feedback as I'm going to spend some time under the leadership of wise council and trusted adults in my life.

NJ Dunkin

edjs 04-16-2018 03:49 PM

Not to discount what any of you guys have said, but dude, those are the worst looking fakes I have ever seen. By far. Other than that, you did wrong, but don't let it define you. The guys are being justifiably hard on you, but this is not the end of your world. Learn from this, and grow to be a better person. I always liked the saying that until you hit rock bottom you don't know how far it is to the top. Now is the time to make the change.

PiratesWS1979 04-16-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdunkin1 (Post 1768056)
I'm still in high school and am in the learning process about a lot of things.

"The eBay User Agreement requires that members be at least 18 years."

User ID
Effective Date
End Date

njdunkin_2
Apr-16-18
Present

katie5831
Mar-20-17
Apr-16-18

njdunkin1
Jan-14-17