Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Brooklyn Dodgers snapshot questions and more! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=269222)

vthobby 05-20-2019 01:16 PM

Brooklyn Dodgers snapshot questions and more!

6 Attachment(s)
I got some REALLY cool vintage snapshots today.

#1 "Pistol" Pete Reiser in Ebbett's Field
#2 Hank Behrman and a BUNCH going on...cool Brooklyn Megaphone and unknown players galore.....could use help identifying other players please......
#3 Pee Wee Reese and some kids and Jackie Robinson on the bench looking towards the OF......Spring Training pic
#4 Sam Jethroe
#5 Van Lingle Mungo
#6 Ralph Kiner in late 1954 in what stadium??

Would anyone recommend I send any of these to PSA for slabbing (i.e......type photos)? If so...why? Thanks!

If there is any interest in any of these just PM me please, thanks!

Attachment 353729

Attachment 353730

Attachment 353731

Attachment 353732

Attachment 353733

Attachment 353734

GoCubsGo32 05-21-2019 10:13 AM

Great pick up Mike!

#2 kinda hard to see the details to make out the players for help
#3 This is during spring training. I had once own this photo. It's hard to tell from your pic posted on the board, but...if you look directly under Pee Wee hand that's on the dugout...you can see Jackie Robinson chilling in the dugout.

#6 Would be from 1953-54. Appears to be from spring training or a exhibition game at a minor league stadium. I have photos from this set as well. Pretty cool to see a Kiner snapshot in a Cubs uniform.

Slabbing these snapshots, is something (...me personally) probably won't be worth it. There's no real value added. Just my opinion. Now there's some situations, most certainly, I would slab snapshots if it's a super rare photo or from a players estate, or if it's autographed. Hope that helps....again very nice pick up you got!

vthobby 05-21-2019 10:53 AM

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoCubsGo32 (Post 1879806)
Great pick up Mike!

#2 kinda hard to see the details to make out the players for help
#3 This is during spring training. I had once own this photo. It's hard to tell from your pic posted on the board, but...if you look directly under Pee Wee hand that's on the dugout...you can see Jackie Robinson chilling in the dugout.

#6 Would be from 1953-54. Appears to be from spring training or a exhibition game at a minor league stadium. I have photos from this set as well. Pretty cool to see a Kiner snapshot in a Cubs uniform.

Slabbing these snapshots, is something (...me personally) probably won't be worth it. There's no real value added. Just my opinion. Now there's some situations, most certainly, I would slab snapshots if it's a super rare photo or from a players estate, or if it's autographed. Hope that helps....again very nice pick up you got!

I appreciate your input and I think I've gotten photos from you before! I was hoping that was Jackie so thanks for the confirmation! Take care!

Mike

vthobby 05-21-2019 10:57 AM

Swap.....

Gary,

The Kiner was a real eye opener for me as it is the tail end of his career. I know you are a "Cubs" man so if you'd like to send me your address, I'll send you the Kiner and you can surprise me with some photos that you might have as duplicates etc....I only ask that the players are identified unless the content is cool.

Let me know, I always respect the history of the game and collectibles I feel belong with those that really care about them!

Thanks!

Mike

GoCubsGo32 05-21-2019 01:27 PM

Mike! Very cool man..thank you! PM sent.

Yeah, I'll take you up on that. Sounds like fun! I got a few photos I know you'll like, I'll send ya. Looking forward to adding that Kiner photo to my collection.Thanks again.

Cheers,
Gary

vthobby 05-21-2019 02:48 PM

Its in the mail!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoCubsGo32 (Post 1879841)
Mike! Very cool man..thank you! PM sent.

Yeah, I'll take you up on that. Sounds like fun! I got a few photos I know you'll like, I'll send ya. Looking forward to adding that Kiner photo to my collection.Thanks again.

Cheers,
Gary

Dropping in blue box tonite, I sent you tracking!
Thanks!
Mike

Chris Counts 05-21-2019 07:32 PM

I've seen numerous photos from the 1950s that show the same stadium that's pictured behind Kiner. In particular, I've seen many Giants with that background, so Phoenix would be a likely location. It makes sense because Kiner is wearing a road uniform, and the Cubs almost always trained out west.