Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Open For Bidding: Love of the Game Auctions Fall, 2018 Auction (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=261825)

Al C.risafulli 11-07-2018 12:29 AM

Open For Bidding: Love of the Game Auctions Fall, 2018 Auction

Hi Everyone:

We're still putting the finishing touches on a handful of lots, but I thought I'd let you know that our Fall, 2018 Premier auction is open for bidding. The auction closes the Saturday after Thanksgiving, November 24. Catalogs mail to active bidders on Monday.

We're really proud of this one. There are some fantastic items on the block, including a LOT of the kinds of items you hardly ever see. Some highlights:

Lot #2: A spectacular c.1913 Type 1 studio presentation photo of Christy Mathewson - one of the finest Matty studio photos I've ever seen

Lot #1: A Christy Mathewson signed first-edition of "Pitching in a Pinch"

Lot #3: A fantastic 1887 Four Base Hits John Ward, one of just two known (SGC A)

Lot #4: a beautiful and rare 1910 Reach Co. Tin Lithograph Advertising Sign

Lot #9: A newly-discovered 1907 George W. Hull White Sox Postcards Complete Set, including many of the highest graded specimens known, with their original envelope

Lot #11: Beautiful 1915 Cracker Jack #103 Joe Jackson - PSA A

Other items that are worth mentioning:

•*The finest group of 1894/95 N300 Mayo's Cut Plug Hall of Famers I've ever seen
• A selection of outstanding materials from the estate of Harry Stovey, including several medals he was given in 1883 and 1887, his silver lifetime pass, and several gorgeous cabinet photos
• Jackie Robinson's Heilbroner Sports Bureau card, one of the first things he filled out after breaking the color barrier

•The biggest 19th Century Baseball Cards assortment we've ever offered
• An outstanding selection of memorabilia
• Medals and other items from the collection of 1924 Olympic Gold Medal wrestler Robin Reed - I highly recommend reading up on his awesome story

It's always our goal to put together an auction that includes something you've never seen before. I think we've outdone ourselves this time.

There are some additional scans and descriptions that I'll be loading in tomorrow, but I couldn't contain myself anymore - please check it out if you're so inclined!

Good luck,
-Al

http://loveofthegameauctions.com/catalog.aspx

Snapolit1 11-07-2018 10:27 AM

The Jackie Heilbroner Sports Bureau card is an amazing piece.

oldjudge 11-07-2018 11:39 AM

Amazing stuff Al---good luck

drcy 11-07-2018 11:49 AM

Al, I think you meant to say 'scans' not 'scams' in your post.

Just kidding, made you look!

ethicsprof 11-07-2018 12:51 PM

Lotg

I'm always excited when it's LOTG time, Al!!! I'm already bidding and will spend days reading and enjoying the descriptions by the great wordsmith! all the best ole friend, Barry

Al C.risafulli 11-07-2018 01:05 PM

You're all very kind.

One thing I neglected to mention, and probably should have:

TONS OF T206 PRINT FREAKS

And also a couple of Uzits, a black Lenox, and a whole bunch of team change variations.

-Al

GaryPassamonte 11-07-2018 01:35 PM

Great auction.

LincolnVT 11-07-2018 05:52 PM

Lotg

Nice stuff!

MVSNYC 11-07-2018 07:54 PM

Great auction, I'ma biddin'.

Good luck, Al.

cardsfan73 11-07-2018 11:28 PM

The auction needs more Don Mossi items!

Amazing selection as usual. Good luck to all!

Scott

Bicem 11-08-2018 11:30 AM

Just some of my personal favs...

lot 17 - rare chance to own a Cobb Fielding rookie (two Cobb Batting rookies also in the auction if you miss out)
lot 19 - poor man's Ruth rookie
lot 20 - Ruth's best looking card imo, Conlon image
lot 21 - hey, it's real this time!
lot 58 - haunting and historic images
lot 65 - think this is the coolest composite I've ever seen
lot 184 - beautiful and super tough advertising postcard
lot 207 - I want this in my home
lot 307 - incredibly rare to find intact
lot 653 - love the jersey!
lot 810 - stunning postcard, I'd really want this even if it wasn't signed
lot 844 - a must read Wajo letter
lot 865 - somehow oddly fitting given the player

Some great early type 1 baseball photos and 70's Topps wax too, good luck!

Al C.risafulli 11-13-2018 10:08 AM

I thought I'd take a second and revive this thread just to let everyone know that printed catalogs were mailed to active customers today. "Active" means that if you've placed even a single bid in either of our last two auctions, or if you've EVER been a consignor, you receive a catalog in the mail.

For this auction, we have also launched our first-ever interactive catalog. So, if you don't want to wait for the printed catalog to arrive, or if you don't receive one at all, you can still view it. We're really proud of this catalog because it gives you some features that you've never had before:
  • View the catalog on any device - desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet
  • Zoom in on any photo, or on the text itself
  • View embedded video that's not available in the printed book
  • Search the catalog
  • Individual lots link right to their respective auction pages, so if you see something you like, you can bid immediately
  • You can make your own notes on items in the catalog
  • You can download it to your desktop if you'd like
  • You can share the whole book or individual pages on social media

It's a pretty versatile tool, and this is just our first shot at it. It's going to get much better from here.

Anyway, here's a link, if you'd like to check it out. Just enter your name and email address, and you're in.

https://online.flippingbook.com/view/609779/

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy it!

-Al

oldjudge 11-13-2018 05:11 PM

Thanks Jeff! I’ve now got a new interest. I still prefer the amazing 19th century material, but several from your list are neat.

Stonepony 11-14-2018 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli (Post 1826696)
I thought I'd take a second and revive this thread just to let everyone know that printed catalogs were mailed to active customers today. "Active" means that if you've placed even a single bid in either of our last two auctions, or if you've EVER been a consignor, you receive a catalog in the mail.

For this auction, we have also launched our first-ever interactive catalog. So, if you don't want to wait for the printed catalog to arrive, or if you don't receive one at all, you can still view it. We're really proud of this catalog because it gives you some features that you've never had before:
  • View the catalog on any device - desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet
  • Zoom in on any photo, or on the text itself
  • View embedded video that's not available in the printed book
  • Search the catalog
  • Individual lots link right to their respective auction pages, so if you see something you like, you can bid immediately
  • You can make your own notes on items in the catalog
  • You can download it to your desktop if you'd like
  • You can share the whole book or individual pages on social media

It's a pretty versatile tool, and this is just our first shot at it. It's going to get much better from here.

Anyway, here's a link, if you'd like to check it out. Just enter your name and email address, and you're in.

https://online.flippingbook.com/view/609779/

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy it!

-Al

That's awsome. Thanks

Bicem 11-14-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldjudge (Post 1826814)
Thanks Jeff! I’ve now got a new interest. I still prefer the amazing 19th century material, but several from your list are neat.

Think this is our best 19th century offering ever.

Stampsfan 11-14-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bicem (Post 1825602)
Just some of my personal favs...
lot 865 - somehow oddly fitting given the player

I went through your list. Nice to laugh at ourselves, the '52 Mantle.

However, this last one made me spit liquid through my nose. Too funny!!!

Bicem 11-14-2018 03:30 PM

Ha, I tried to get Al to put that on the catalog cover and he almost fired me on the spot.

kmac32 11-14-2018 07:24 PM

Just got my catalog today. Yea

pawpawdiv9 11-15-2018 10:54 AM

Got my catalog and gotta give a SHOUT OUT to Jeff P. for making my consignments looking amazing in the catalog.

Sean 11-15-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 1827211)
Got my catalog and gotta give a SHOUT OUT to Jeff P. for making my consignments looking amazing in the catalog.

Chris, which ones are yours?

oldjudge 11-15-2018 01:39 PM

Got my catalog. I love the wall of Mayos on the back cover.

Bicem 11-16-2018 10:57 PM

Thanks Chris, really appreciate that! Al's magic touch.

The Mayo's are spectacular, the Delahanty is one of my favorite cards.

MVSNYC 11-16-2018 11:01 PM

I'm old school, and love me a printed catalog...this one is gorgeous. Really love the paper & print quality. It's one to save.

oldjudge 11-19-2018 02:42 PM

That Mike, and my postman appreciates that it weighs less than fifty pounds.

Bicem 11-23-2018 02:10 PM

Friendly reminder that the auction closes tomorrow, lots of bargains still out there, like this guy!

PM or text me (832.567.4477) if you have any questions about any of the items.

Thanks and good luck!