Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why I love BST. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=245587)

iowadoc77 09-30-2017 02:58 PM

Why I love BST.

What a great community here! I am closing in on my Monster goal of 522 and I posted a list and have gotten some great help from some great members. Thanks for all the replies. And for the help with my McGraw run. You guys are great. Shout out to Baseball*Collectibles and Scott MyBuddyInc for the messages.
EBay is available but this is by far the best place to buy, IMO

7nohitter 09-30-2017 03:23 PM

Totally agree, love the BST here!

thescooper 10-01-2017 10:30 AM

I have 112 T 206 cards ALL bought on the BST page here

Leon 10-06-2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thescooper (Post 1706285)
I have 112 T 206 cards ALL bought on the BST page here

That is a lot T206s. I have obtained some good cards over there and sold or traded some good ones too. Many times I have been second bird though, and not the early one .....which always sucks.
As a friendly reminder it is always caveat emptor on the BST so be careful.
If someone isn't well known make sure you vet them ....or PM me and I will help.

iowadoc77 10-07-2017 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1708030)
That is a lot T206s. I have obtained some good cards over there and sold or traded some good ones too. Many times I have been second bird though, and not the early one .....which always sucks.
As a friendly reminder it is always caveat emptor on the BST so be careful.
If someone isn't well known make sure you vet them ....or PM me and I will help.

Thanks for the offer of help in vetting. And the caveat emptor reminder. Lots of high dollar transactions going on here on the board.

Leon 10-07-2017 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowadoc77 (Post 1708100)
Thanks for the offer of help in vetting. And the caveat emptor reminder. Lots of high dollar transactions going on here on the board.

Our members do spend some bucks there. I laughed out loud when, a while back, a member responding to why a business doesn't advertise here said no one on this board spends big money on cards. The real reason, from what I know, is several companies have very thin skin and don't like for people to call them out OR they want to be protected from it when it happens. I used to get calls from advertisers about "how can you let them say that about me?" I always say the same thing. I don't tell people what to say and not to say. Happy collecting and more power to our BST....

Bored5000 10-07-2017 02:47 PM

I am not really a prolific buyer or seller, since most of the cards I like most are obscure or thinly-traded issues. But I have had a couple great, stress-free transactions over the past month on here with Arazi4442 and wrestlingcardking.

pokerplyr80 10-07-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1708105)
Our members do spend some bucks there. I laughed out loud when, a while back, a member responding to why a business doesn't advertise here said no one on this board spends big money on cards. The real reason, from what I know, is several companies have very thin skin and don't like for people to call them out OR they want to be protected from it when it happens. I used to get calls from advertisers about "how can you let them say that about me?" I always say the same thing. I don't tell people what to say and not to say. Happy collecting and more power to our BST....

Yea I've bought sand sold a few decent cards here, and am a very small player compared to others on this board. If both parties are reasonable the bst is great because both can win when you figure you're saving the 10-25% cut a third party would get.

bnorth 10-07-2017 06:32 PM

I like the overall great selection. I have bought cards from the early 1900's to the 1980's. All different types of postcards from the same eras as the cards I purchased. I have also bought bats, photos, art work, and autographs on several different types of items. Plus many more different types of items I am forgetting. I have made several 100 purchases for several 1000 items and have only had 2 very small problems that got worked out behind the scenes with no drama.

I have also made several trades and a few sales with no problems at all. Seriously what more could a person ask for.:)

mybuddyinc 10-08-2017 05:11 PM

As Dr. Seuss may have said:

BST
BST
Thank you, thank you, BST.

Sold and bought many a card.

More importantly, made many, many a friend.

Scott

iowadoc77 10-08-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybuddyinc (Post 1708584)
As Dr. Seuss may have said:

BST
BST
Thank you, thank you, BST.

Sold and bought many a card.

More importantly, made many, many a friend.

Scott

And no one does BST better than you Scott!

2dueces 10-09-2017 06:44 AM

Well as the late Mr. Brucii so elegantly put it, "I collect low grade and enjoy them in my trailer." Don't spend a lot of high dollars there but it's a good source to find a needed card. Unfortunately I'm not a backbone of the hobby.
(Old timers here will get that one too.) :)

Kawika 10-09-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2dueces (Post 1708685)
Well as the late Mr. Brucii so elegantly put it, "I collect low grade and enjoy them in my trailer." Don't spend a lot of high dollars there but it's a good source to find a needed card. Unfortunately I'm not a backbone of the hobby.
(Old timers here will get that one too.) :)

The Bruces at their most obnoxious best: http://www.net54baseball.com/showpos...3&postcount=16