Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Consignment Checks - REA Goldin Lelands (SCP Auctions added 12/7) (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=230655)

cubsguy1969 12-07-2016 07:22 AM

I received my Leland's check over the weekend. So it took about a month, I guess. I wasn't in a huge hurry for the money, and my wife will make it disappear quickly enough Christmas shopping. So the timing's decent. :) The experience was good overall. They were friendly, answered my questions/e-mails very quickly and they're convenient for me (I live on Long Island). I was consigning a stadium chair so not having to ship the thing was a big plus. Anyway, I'm pleased with their service.

Shoeless Moe 12-07-2016 08:36 AM

I recently have had problems with SCP Auctions, so due to their poor customer service I'm dropping them.

Emailed them about consigning an item, valued at approx a grand. Never heard back from them after their initial reply asking for some information about the item, which I gave them. Then crickets.

So month or 2 later decided to give them another chance, different item, exact same thing, guy replies asking for info. I supply it. I send a follow up asking a question. No reply to that. I send another email asking yes/no? Nothing back.

Just terrible Customer Service at SCP.

Went to another of the bigger auctions houses, as there really are 5,6, 7 very good ones in terms of results. They took the item gladly.

And again I have consign failry regularly to REA, MEARS, Goldin, Heritage, Huggins & Scott, and Gray Flannel. I need to get Hunt in my rotation as well, they seem to have great results too. They will replace SCP.

RichardSimon 01-27-2017 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruth-gehrig (Post 1600799)
I just discovered which auction house pays out consigners 35 days post auction :eek:

I just discovered which auction house has not paid me yet and it is 48 days after the auction has ended. Despite me sending an unanswered e mail and then a phone call which when answered promised me "check will be in the mail on Monday." You all know the AH well.
:eek::eek::mad:
Day 49 - my check arrived.

Buckeye2015 05-12-2017 10:10 AM

I have an item consigned at Heritage that is ending tonight. What is usually the timetable of receiving my consignor's check? Thanks!

Shoeless Moe 05-12-2017 12:23 PM

I've consigned to Heritage May one before, you will get it mid to end of June.

gnaz01 05-12-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1624844)
I just discovered which auction house has not paid me yet and it is 48 days after the auction has ended. Despite me sending an unanswered e mail and then a phone call which when answered promised me "check will be in the mail on Monday." You all know the AH well.
:eek::eek::mad:
Day 49 - my check arrived.

Day 61 for me and no check yet......

Shoeless Moe 05-12-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnaz01 (Post 1660829)
Day 61 for me and no check yet......

Wow....that's a long time. I wouldn't be happy, especially if they have not at least advised there is a delay, say to a late paying buyer, but if not, then that's just poor customer service.

Forever Young 05-13-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe (Post 1599620)
you were correct sir....

......anyone else gets theirs from REA, Goldin or Lelands, feel free to post. I'll post when my Goldin one comes.

I know of one Auction House where its a month to a month and a half before you get the check. That's just too long. I think within 2 weeks is perfect.

They can't pay unless they get paid. Makes sense right? Aholes like me are lazy and like to hold on to their cash. Not purposely but sending a ck is a pain in the ass. If they would accept paypal gift, or echeck.. that would speed up the process. #Ihavenothadackbookforyears

gnaz01 05-13-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever Young (Post 1661025)
They can't pay unless they get paid. Makes sense right? Aholes like me are lazy and like to hold on to their cash. Not purposely but sending a ck is a pain in the ass. If they would accept paypal gift, or echeck.. that would speed up the process. #Ihavenothadackbookforyears

Well, my friend, the AH I am referring in mine accepts PayPal.....:)

mcgwirecom 11-13-2017 04:06 PM

Well I consigned to REA since I read all these posts saying how quick they pay. Auction ended on 10/30/17 and I got my check for 2 items today 14 days later. Probably would have been Saturday if not for the Holiday. Not too bad.