Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Hey, pennant guys (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=183684)

mrreality68 11-22-2021 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetahat (Post 2166842)
So would this be the right time to put this up for auction?

Probably would be

It is a beauty

Hold it for your collection

thetahat 11-23-2021 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Two cheap acquisitions, the A’s I didn’t have, and the Yankees was in such tremendous condition I couldn’t let it go (and I didn’t have that color). IMO one of the most beautiful pennants ever made by Trench.

perezfan 11-23-2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetahat (Post 2167445)
Two cheap acquisitions, the A’s I didn’t have, and the Yankees was in such tremendous condition I couldn’t let it go (and I didn’t have that color). IMO one of the most beautiful pennants ever made by Trench.

Two underrated beauties. I used to have that classic Yankees pennant in 6 different colors... black, red, green, purple, blue and burgundy.

They looked amazing displayed together, but eventually decided to keep just the green one (as it was in gem mint condition). In retrospect, I wish I'd kept them all!

Great pickups!

mrreality68 11-24-2021 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 2167467)
Two underrated beauties. I used to have that classic Yankees pennant in 6 different colors... black, red, green, purple, blue and burgundy.

They looked amazing displayed together, but eventually decided to keep just the green one (as it was in gem mint condition). In retrospect, I wish I'd kept them all!

Great pickups!

+1 Agree to Beauties and that Yankee one is amazing

thetahat 11-24-2021 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreality68 (Post 2167562)
+1 Agree to Beauties and that Yankee one is amazing

Thanks Jeffrey!

thetahat 11-24-2021 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 2167467)

Great pickups!

Same six colors as my Dodgers pennants … I think I have seen a lighter blue (like royal) and I may have seen orange once before? Can anyone confirm if an orange version exists?

perezfan 11-24-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetahat (Post 2167632)
Same six colors as my Dodgers pennants … I think I have seen a lighter blue (like royal) and I may have seen orange once before? Can anyone confirm if an orange version exists?

If there's an orange version, I think one of us would've seen it by now. I can't recall ever seeing one (but would love to).

That rainbow of Brooklyn Pennants is so cool to see... I really think you have 'em all! My educated guess would be that the black one is the rarest, followed closely by purple. :confused:

Great stuff!

ooo-ribay 11-24-2021 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 2167665)
If there's an orange version, I think one of us would've seen it by now. I can't recall ever seeing one (but would love to).

That rainbow of Brooklyn Pennants is so cool to see... I really think you have 'em all! My educated guess would be that the black one is the rarest, followed closely by purple. :confused:

Great stuff!

They're cool.....except for the obvious. :p

Signed,
Giants4ever

thetahat 11-24-2021 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 2167665)

Great stuff!

On most of these, Emmet Kelly’s eyebrows are the same gray as his hair, except on the blue felt the eyebrows are black.

thetahat 11-24-2021 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I also display the variations of Phillies cap pennants together, the gray being the rarest. There might be thirty different ones if you figure in the different cap styles.