Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Poll: response to recent PWCC revelations (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=270078)

Exhibitman 06-19-2019 11:20 AM

http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibit...l%20arthur.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibit...Holy_Grail.png
PSA Knight: That Cobb is unaltered and is in vg-ex+condition.
King Arthur: What?
PSA Knight: After a further review PSA determines that it is unaltered and in vg-ex+ condition!
King Arthur: I have no quarrel with you, good Sir Knight. But that card has been worked over by a card doctor.
PSA Knight: Then you shall die.
King Arthur: I command you, pursuant to PSA's guarantee, to admit that PSA made a mistake!
PSA Knight: PSA admits fault for no man.
King Arthur: So be it!
[they fight until Arthur cuts off Black Knight's left and right arms]
King Arthur: Victory is mine! PSA is wrong!
[kneels to pray]
King Arthur: We thank thee, Lord, that in thy mercy -
[cut off by the Knight kicking him]
PSA Knight: Come on, then.
King Arthur: What?
PSA Knight: Have at you!
King Arthur: You are indeed brave, Sir Knight, but the fight is mine!
PSA Knight: Oh, had enough, eh?
King Arthur: Look, you stupid bastard. Someone rebuilt the corners and fixed flaws in the card!
PSA Knight: 'Tis but a shadow on the holder!
King Arthur: A shadow? It used to be an SGC 30. The card is altered!
PSA Knight: No, it isn't.
King Arthur: What about these before and after photos?
PSA Knight: [after a pause] I've not made a mistake.
King Arthur: You liar!
PSA Knight: I'm a PSA grader! I'm infallible!
King Arthur: You're a loony.

Rhotchkiss 06-19-2019 12:53 PM

Thanks Peter. I missed that!

CMIZ5290 06-19-2019 04:44 PM

Interesting that 30% of the people are saying that they would buy again from PWCC or undecided.....

drcy 06-19-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1890627)
Interesting that 30% of the people are saying that they would buy again from PWCC or undecided.....

In most demographics or polls, it's standard for 30% to be wankers.

Peter_Spaeth 06-19-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1890627)

It's probably not statistically meaningful but I thought it was an encouraging number. 70 percent of the forum not dealing with the biggest ebay seller. Who would have thunk it two months ago?

frankbmd 06-20-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcy (Post 1890641)
In most demographics or polls, it's standard for 30% to be wankers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1890726)
It's probably not statistically meaningful but I thought it was an encouraging number. 70 percent of the forum not dealing with the biggest ebay seller. Who would have thunk it two months ago?

70% is too high for Boston attorneys who wear red socks.

30% is too low for the number of New York Wankee fans on the forum.

Frank A 06-20-2019 02:45 PM

Only a complete asshole would continue to do business with these companies after what has gone down. Sorry, but if the shoe fits, wear it.

Republicaninmass 06-20-2019 02:57 PM

Kinda had to be an idiot to do business with them after all the shilling, bid retractions and record prices from day one. Admittedly I sent them stuff, probably sour grapes as I received similar or lower than vcp prices. Bought probably 5 cards ever from them, never said I was a genius.

Stuff trumps all.

bnorth 06-20-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank A (Post 1890977)
Only a complete asshole would continue to do business with these companies after what has gone down. Sorry, but if the shoe fits, wear it.

That is not fair Frank. PSA has been a joke from the very first card and PWCC has been a scammer for easily 10 years in my honest opinion. So there is no difference in doing business with either now or 1 year ago or several years ago. It is not like either just changed.

frankbmd 06-20-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank A (Post 1890977)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1890982)
That is not fair Frank. PSA has been a joke from the very first card and PWCC has been a scammer for easily 10 years in my honest opinion. So there is no difference in doing business with either now or 1 year ago or several years ago. It is not like either just changed.

As a card carrying Frank, although in my case Frank B, I would like to confess that PSA has not received a dime from me. Two low valued cards that were not shilled were purchased from PWCC for below market value though in a moment of weakness. Franks of the world unite.:eek:

bnorth 06-20-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1890986)
As a card carrying Frank, although in my case Frank B, I would like to confess that PSA has received a dime from me. Two low valued cards that were not shilled were purchased from PWCC for below market value though in a moment of weakness. Franks of the world unite.:eek:

I have seen your business card with your picture on it, you might be a sketchy dude.:eek: I kid Mr B.:D

I can honestly say I don't think I have ever purchased anything from PWCC. I have paid PSA to slab cards I wanted to sell or get cards into slabs anybody that was not a complete incompetent blind moron would have rejected.