Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I’m done (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=251063)

Republicaninmass 02-11-2018 02:03 PM

I've been given vouchers for cards that were not given back on a guaranteed service. Estimated is just that. You have to love on their site "if you need them back faster, consider a higher service level"

oldjudge 02-11-2018 03:17 PM

Even though the CLCT dividend has not been this low since 2007 (do we need a bake sale for David Hall?), this company is not going anywhere. Its' market cap is $157 million. The aggregate value of its' registry sets is probably in the billions. If CLCT went under the value of the collectibles in their holders would drop precipitously (I believe). Big dollar registry guys will keep this ship afloat.

ALR-bishop 02-11-2018 03:51 PM

Too big to fail ? :)

oldjudge 02-11-2018 03:58 PM

More like too painful to registry holders to fail

chalupacollects 02-11-2018 05:08 PM

You might wonder how quick they clean this up if customers start charging back their credit card transactions for not providing the services at the stated times?

Banks and credit card processors do not take kindly to massive amounts of chargebacks...

rainier2004 02-11-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalupacollects (Post 1747254)
You might wonder how quick they clean this up if customers start charging back their credit card transactions for not providing the services at the stated times?

Banks and credit card processors do not take kindly to massive amounts of chargebacks...

Can this be done? I'm just asking as I have no idea. The card still gets graded but not in the time table they quote...seems like psa failed to live up to their end of the contract. It also seems that lower rates would be applicable at that point requiring a credit to the card. Jeff? Adam?

Republicaninmass 02-11-2018 06:39 PM

They have changed ALL turnaround times to estimated.

conor912 02-11-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1747277)

Sounds like PSAs new slogan should be "we'll get your card back to you at some point, and when we do we'll be fairly sure it's authentic and unaltered".

Sounds like a solid offering.

Republicaninmass 02-11-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conor912 (Post 1747282)
Sounds like PSAs new slogan should be "we'll get your card back to you at some point, and when we do we'll be fairly sure it's authentic and unaltered".

Sounds like a solid offering.

Or PSA/DNA " we'll failed 80% of everything, so keep resubmitting and eventually some will pass"

chalupacollects 02-11-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1747277)

Yes that may be so.. however, you are being charged by estimated time/service levels and the argument with your credit card issuer is "they are charging me for 10 day service level, my order did not get processed for 40 days." The card issuer usually agrees with the customer especially with egregious delays such as this...remember its not like they are waiting for parts or supplies from vendors and while PSA may be able to get away with say 11-15 days on a 10 day submittal with a voucher or two to drop it, 40 days I would guess wouldn't fly and you would win, get a credit back and PSA would lose out..

If enough people do that they will change for sure as part of their credit card pricing is based on chargeback ratios... and an increase for that reason will certainly sting...