Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   November pickups (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=143222)

Runscott 12-01-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 942485)
Circa 1880 seems about right. Notice he is wearing his position on the front of his cap: r.f. ( unless those are the team initials).

Come to think of it, they probably are the team initials, and it's just a coincidence.

Good eye Barry. Those same initials are also on the crest, but hard to see, so it must be the team initials.

I was kicking myself for not bidding higher on this one, but glad to see a happy board member got it.

ccderf 12-01-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prewarsports (Post 943452)
Scott

If you want some photos or scans to go with that Luggage Ticket, I bought Dick Hoblitzells photo album from that tour and there are some images of Max Carey in there. They started in the midwest, went through the Dakotas, Nebraska, Iowa, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, California, and ended up for a while in Hawaii. The tour also had Grover Alexander, and Ray Chapman among other famous players of the day.

Rhys Yeakley

first post. rhys,i would love to see your carey images. I have what I believe to be a Max Carey barnstormng jersey, pants, sliding pants, and, 2 pair of socks. I got them from a guy in CA. He got them from a Carey estate sale in the northwest. He had, and sold, many Carey autos, which he had certified.I have dated these items to the time through Spalding tagging. thanks for reading my post. the sliding pants,which I doubt have any images to see, must be very rare. my email is ccderf@aol.com

Lou Criscione 12-01-2011 04:42 PM

Stanford Pottery Brave w/headdress

1 Attachment(s)
Hi!

I was asked to comment on the rarity of the Brave Stanford pottery bank with headdress. I have seen only 2 in over 25 years in the hobby. They both sold in excess of $8,000. It is one gorgeous porcelain bank(see picture below).

Lou
www.insidetheparkcollectibles.com

John V 12-02-2011 07:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I monkeyed with the scan. It definitely looks like R F. It would be fun to identify the player and team, but unless someone has another photo to link it to...

thekingofclout 12-02-2011 07:34 AM

Keep digging John. Old Auction House catalogs can be had for decent prices and are loaded with information and images. I would start with Mastros, Lelands, and REA. You may also want to put a want add here in the BST. I would especially look for the 1990's -2005 books.

I know for me, research can be a lot of fun as you stumble onto different things that may be related to other items in your collection. Good luck John, and keep plugging away. :)

My best, Jimmy

Runscott 12-02-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John V (Post 943856)
I monkeyed with the scan. It definitely looks like R F. It would be fun to identify the player and team, but unless someone has another photo to link it to...

Please excuse the photo collector for repeating himself, but .... there is also an 'RF' on the crest.

Just trying to help - I'll shut up if I'm distracting.

ccderf 12-03-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccderf (Post 943741)
first post. rhys,i would love to see your carey images. I have what I believe to be a Max Carey barnstormng jersey, pants, sliding pants, and, 2 pair of socks. I got them from a guy in CA. He got them from a Carey estate sale in the northwest. He had, and sold, many Carey autos, which he had certified.I have dated these items to the time through Spalding tagging. thanks for reading my post. the sliding pants,which I doubt have any images to see, must be very rare. my email is ccderf@aol.com

I have taken pics of the Max Carey estate sale items I have. If anyone would like to see them and has any info or images to help verify what I have I would be very grateful. I am from his homeown,Terre Haute In. email is ccderf@aol.com.