Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Highest graded T206's by board members...Total Value (Whew) (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=84442)

Archive 03-02-2007 06:39 AM

Highest graded T206's by board members...Total Value (Whew)

Posted By: <b>Jeff Lichtman</b><p>Jim, you so badly want support -- that's why you are constantly whining about not getting any regarding your crusade to rid the world of trimmed cards (except the ones in your collection, naturally). I don't have the time to weed through the past 4000 posts so I won't cut and paste in a Niedermeyerian way to show you my past support. Why don't you ask Barry if I supported you publicly?

Archive 03-02-2007 06:46 AM

Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>Jeff,<br /><br />Honestly I don't care--just stop the personal attacks.<br /><br />Support the cause if you wish--don't support it if you wish -- I just don't remember you doing so.<br /><br />Ridding the world of trimmeed cards is too ambitious--cutting back on the growth from here would be nice though.<br /><br />

Archive 03-02-2007 01:13 PM

Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>oops, sorry i thought you guys were back on the topic of high-grade T206 cards...<br /><br />my bad, carry-on guys.<br />

Archive 03-02-2007 01:20 PM

Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>Hopefully we are--any new 8s or 9s Mike in T206. Getting bids at $2,500 for high pop 8 commons I am thinking of hitting to free up some funds.

Archive 03-02-2007 01:28 PM

Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>No more fighting in this thread....please.....it is a thread about high grade T206's so that is the subject....I included my SGC 70.......I really would like to have less bickering for at least the next few days, pretty please..(no need for comments about this)...best regards

Archive 03-02-2007 01:37 PM

Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>i'm trying to get this back on topic.<br /><br />jim- i have picked up a few new common 8's, some 7's, rare backs, rare variations (elberfeld, smith, kleinow, etc, all PSA 5), and as you might have seen acquired one of the PSA 10's...<br /><br /><br />you?

Archive 03-02-2007 01:40 PM

Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>Thank you Leon...whew.<br /><br />What did you pay for the common 8s and what was the pop?

Archive 03-02-2007 01:43 PM

Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>fairly low pop...1/4...1/5, none higher...$2000-2300...they are starting to pick up again...2200-2400, even higher depending on pops.

Archive 03-02-2007 01:44 PM

Posted By: <b>Dave</b><p>I'm curious to know if either of your PSA 8's or 9's were ever submitted raw by yourselves...or if all your bought slabbed?

Archive 03-02-2007 01:51 PM

Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>Mike,<br /><br />Thats a good buy price in my opinion. I would give you your pick of commons pop 5 and higher at $2,500.<br /><br />Dave,<br /><br />All my 8s and 9s were bought graded. I bought a Cobb Green raw that was advertised nrmt-mt came back trimmed by PSA and SGC, a Cobb bat on shoulder that came back altered by PSA and resubmitted and was a psa 5, a Jennings portrait that came back trimmed by psa and sgc graded as a 60.

Archive 03-02-2007 01:57 PM

Posted By: <b>Dave</b><p>Thats what I would have thought. The chance of ever picking up a raw card on ebay and it coming back a 8 or 9 are slim and none. I've seen raw cards that "looked" good enough in scans...but not good enough to spend the money on a raw card that was being asked. The very best I've ever gotten submitting a raw T206 off ebay was a PSA 6, and I would have thought a 7, it was a Powell horizontal.

Archive 03-02-2007 02:04 PM

Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>Dave,<br /><br />Having the raw Cobb come back as trimmed was crushing to me and from that point on I never bought a raw card.

Archive 03-02-2007 02:06 PM

Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p><br /> Hi Dave,<br /> I have submitted about 90% of my 7's and 8's and most were from original finds. It's rare to see a raw card on EBAY these days that will grade that high, but it does happen every once in awhile. Be well Brian

Archive 03-02-2007 03:22 PM

Posted By: <b>Martin Neal</b><p>Hi Dave,<br /><br /> The only Psa 8 in my collection was purchased raw off of Ebay about 3 years ago. It was in a group of five t206s and I think I paid $550.00 for all of them. Probably 98% of what I have has been purchased raw.<br /><br />Martin

Archive 03-02-2007 03:31 PM

Posted By: <b>Dave</b><p>Brian...about 90%? That is some record. What are you defining "finds" as? Just groups of cards you've managed to find off some elderly couple? Actual "they've been in the attic for years" type deals? Truely one lucky man. <br /><br /><br />Martin...that is one hell of a deal. Again, nothing i've every come across. The PSA 6 Powell I bought raw in a lot of 5 cards. The other four were all beaters including a Wallace. Got the five for $85. Ended up selling the Powell for $385 if memory serves.

Archive 03-02-2007 04:08 PM

Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p><br /> Hi Dave,<br /> Back in the 80's and early 90's it wasn't that uncommon for "finds" of 300-400 cards to hit the market place. It doesn't happen as often now, but I know of 2 original collections which are still intact that total over 1200 cards.....<br /><br />Most of my high grade T206's came from 3 different finds:<br />1. "Southern Find"<br />2. Richmond Find<br />3. Charlotte Find- a REAL ole lady at a flea market with 400 nm/mt T206's... Her husband was a mailman obsessed with condition, so the cards were amazing...<br /><br /><br /><br />Otherwise 20 cards from the NC mountains find and a few off EBAY are it...

Archive 03-02-2007 05:17 PM

Posted By: <b>Martin Neal</b><p><br />Dave,<br /><br /> I think only two groups of t206s/t205s that I have acquired qualify as "finds", meaning that they actually had not seen the light of day for many many years. One was a group of about 130 T206s or so found in a attic just north of where I live in Virginia. The other was a mixed group of T205s and T206s from Richmond.<br /><br />Brian,<br /><br /> I have sometimes heard the Richmond find called the Southern find. I think it derives from the the fact that one of the original purchasers owned a Card store here in Charlottesville named Southern Cards. Were they two distinct finds?<br /><br />

Archive 03-02-2007 05:54 PM

Posted By: <b>Dave</b><p>If either of you just plain run out of room for the cards you can let me know by email. I'll keep things on the downlow, but may have a kid or two I can trade for the cards....HA HA

Archive 03-02-2007 08:05 PM

Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>dave- i bought my 8's & 9's already graded...<br /><br />the best i have gotten back from PSA is some 6's & 7's.