Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   That new PSA/eBay deal (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=319439)

G1911 05-11-2022 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 2224055)
So is PSA checking the slabs of Beckett and SGC?

Apparently, according to the SCD article it's any 'graded' card. PSA would then be certifying SGC, Beckett, CSG, and more companies slabs as legitimate or not.

I can't wait to buy an SGC card, have it sent to PSA, have PSA certify it is indeed a real SGC slab and slip, send me the card, and then I destroy the SGC slab and throw it and the slip in the trash, finally able to add the card I bought to my sleeveless stack.

RCMcKenzie 05-11-2022 08:34 PM

I was thinking I'll just keep mine in the padfolio.

Snapolit1 05-11-2022 08:35 PM

Cool story bro, but you do realize you just wasted money on a slabbed card that you allegedly took out of the slab and threw the slab in the trash instead of just buying a raw one for cheaper?

QUOTE=G1911;2224074]Apparently, according to the SCD article it's any 'graded' card. PSA would then be certifying SGC, Beckett, CSG, and more companies slabs as legitimate or not.

I can't wait to buy an SGC card, have it sent to PSA, have PSA certify it is indeed a real SGC slab and slip, send me the card, and then I destroy the SGC slab and throw it and the slip in the trash, finally able to add the card I bought to my sleeveless stack.[/QUOTE]

G1911 05-11-2022 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 2224088)
Cool story bro, but you do realize you just wasted money on a slabbed card that you allegedly took out of the slab and threw the slab in the trash instead of just buying a raw one for cheaper?

QUOTE=G1911;2224074]Apparently, according to the SCD article it's any 'graded' card. PSA would then be certifying SGC, Beckett, CSG, and more companies slabs as legitimate or not.

I can't wait to buy an SGC card, have it sent to PSA, have PSA certify it is indeed a real SGC slab and slip, send me the card, and then I destroy the SGC slab and throw it and the slip in the trash, finally able to add the card I bought to my sleeveless stack.

[/QUOTE]

Hi "bro". Are you under the belief that all cards are always available raw? I've cracked a few hundred graded cards because that card is not available raw. It's not a problem if one is buying T206's or Topps cards, but many issues do not have huge populations. Find me a raw T220 Silver Donovan, a T226 or T229 front/back combo I need raw and I'll happily buy them instead. Many cards in what I collect pop up once a decade, I can't just wait for my ideal holder scenario if I actually want the card. If I can buy a raw one for less, I will 100 times out of 100. It simply does not work that way, regardless of how much this apparently upsets you. Cool narrative you got, though.