Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bad dealings on this forum ? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=252039)

irv 03-04-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 1753812)
While everyone is beating up the post office, I have to share: I bought something off ebay Friday night and paid immediately. It was shipped Saturday morning from CA and arrived Monday in Cleveland, and it was shipped first class! Have no idea how that happened, it was amazing.

I have had that happen as well. Super fast shipping, even from the states, and other times, weeks overdue as they get held up at customs/the border.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1753881)
Don't travelers checks get faked too? What's the difference?

That is what snapolit is saying, they should have disappeared just like traveler's checks did. :)

slipk1068 03-04-2018 12:41 PM

2 times I have had not the greatest BST experience. With both of them, I specifically asked, "I do not want creases are there any creases on the cards not visible in the scans." The answers they gave was no, but both times, the cards had OBVIOUS creases. Perhaps, I should have sent the cards back but the first time, It was about a $50 T206, I was a new member here, and felt funny about complaining. The most recent time it happened it was a couple autographed 1972 Topps cards. I think I bought about 7 or 8 of them and 2 had creases. Low dollar amount didn't seem worth the effort. I just don't deal with either of them anymore. Other than that, many positive transactions with great folks here.

Long ago,I had a prominent T206 "expert" and occasional Net54 poster sell me an EX T206 on ebay that had a crease. I expect that on ebay, but here, I expect better.

39special 03-04-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysell (Post 1753889)
Again, guys I'd point out, this WAS MY BANKS mo, not one form other places ! Also it WAS one of the payment asked for , so that"s WHAT I sent ! Back to why I posted this in the 1st place , I was wounder if OTHER problems have & do pop up time to time ? As I see it , there was a communication problem & waiting 2 days to put it in the bank & another 2 days after it clears the bank to send it off ? sorry but that wasted 4 days , no other way to look at it guys ?Again asked about problems, not pointing the finger at me or him? WE all have rights do we not ?Robert D. Hysell

I received the payment on the 23rd after 5pm and deposited it on the 25th at
9:30am.Got an email from my bank after 6 pm on the 1st and sent cards on the 3rd at 9:50 am. Is that to long on my part?
I have done ALOT of deals on this site,buying and selling.There were times I waited over a week after I sent payment.I just would message the seller and ask if they received payment.Sometimes they forgot,or had stuff come up.
No big deal.My communication sucked,but I don't think the timetable of my
depositing the check and shipping after conformation the MO was good was bad.

ALR-bishop 03-04-2018 02:31 PM

Frank---had not thought of 54 as smelling like a rose bed before, but have noticed thorns here and there at times :)

timn1 03-04-2018 04:20 PM

[QUOTE=39special;1753936]I received the payment on the 23rd after 5pm and deposited it on the 25th at
9:30am.Got an email from my bank after 6 pm on the 1st and sent cards on the 3rd at 9:50 am. Is that to long on my part?"

No, it isn't too long. OP seems quite impatient, especially to go public in the way he did.

Big Six 03-04-2018 05:04 PM

Bad dealings on this forum ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlcardsfan (Post 1753921)
My bank is coming out with a new electronic payment program this year. If you are signed up with online banking you will be able to send and receive payments to and from other people's bank accounts. No fees other than if they charge you for online banking, which my bank doesn't. There's a name for this new program which escapes me now. Essentially an ACH payment between banks. Might make this MO business ( and some other forms of payment) obsolete. Obviously there must be an element of trust between sender and recipient because you have to exchange account information.

Shameless plug so here goes. What you are describing is Zelle and it is a new Person to Person (P2P) payment solution. I work for the company that came up with it...Early Warning Services. It is a fantastic solution and super quick...available through over 80 financial institutions via their Online/Mobile banking capabilities. There is even a standalone app if your Bank or credit union isn’t signed up. The caveat though is only use it to transact with folks you know or trust. You send money via Zelle to someone you don’t know, it’s as good as dropping cash in an envelope...bye bye cash. Hope you folks try it out...good luck and check out www.zellepay.com if you want more information. M@tt McC@rthy

Ps...you don’t exchange account information...it relies on email or mobile phone number to connect folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bpm0014 03-05-2018 07:49 AM

shameless plug so here goes. What you are describing is Zelle and it is a new Person to Person (P2P) payment solution. I work for the company that came up with it...

I work for a bank, PNC Bank, and we use Zelle. Works perfectly! Kudos....